NFL Contract-Year Players Who Could Break the Bank- Rodger Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rodger Saffold, Los Angeles Rams

By Maurice Moton
November 21, 2018

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-year-players-who-could-break-the-bank#slide3

816183f259e7deb9625483bb86f291ff_crop_exact.jpg

When an entire offensive unit performs at an optimal level, the individual players benefit when they hit the open market. Left guard Rodger Saffold has started 106 games since coming into the league as the No. 33 overall pick in the 2010 draft.

The Los Angeles Rams' offensive explosion comes at an opportune time for the 30-year-old, who's set to hit the free-agent market in March. He's blocking for arguably the top running back in the game, Todd Gurley, and the Rams' ground attack ranks second in the league.

Clubs that want to elevate the play of an underperforming featured ball-carrier or establish a power run game would probably pay top dollar for a guard Saffold's age with experience in a top-notch rushing offense.

In addition, Saffold has logged starts at four of the five positions across the offensive line, making him an attractive option for plug-and-play situations in case of injury.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can’t see him getting a huge contract. I hope he stays with us, but not at a “break the bank” contract level.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Don't break us Saffold. You've been through the worst.

Stay and enjoy building the best!

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Look @BonifayRam I plan on enjoying my bye week, something I need after that emotionally terrorizing game Monday night. Please quit trying to ruin my recuperation with discussing possible bad news.:eek:
All kidding aside. Just listening to the remarks from Saffold, plus seeing how McVay seems intent on holding onto talented players my gut, or heart says that Saffold will be a Ram next year. If you say otherwise I will curse you and and link into your computer so that you have to listen to my wife calling the Rams games.:shocked:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You would think...... that all the rough times of injuries, surgeries & so many loosing seasons {SEVEN} he has had since entering the NFL...... that Rodger would sure enjoy the chance to have a few more winning seasons before father time catches up with his wore body. You have to think that playing for McVay & Kromer now is the best of worlds for a great guy like Rodger. In addition this team would offer him the best chance of all for the once in a lifetime to play & win a SB. What is that worth?:thinking:

Check this out for yourselves....Here's a listing of all the UFA OG's 2019. I reviewed this list many times & I do not see a better well rounded starting OG than Rodger Saffold. Does anyone else see a current starting OG that would come close to Saffold?

Mike Iupati G 32 ARI
Andy Levitre G 33 ATL

Rodger Saffold G 31 LA
Ramon Foster G 33 PIT
Ben Garland G 31 ATL
Ryan Groy G 28 BUF
Matt Slauson G 33 IND
Chance Warmack G 27 PHI
Billy Turner G 27 DEN
Quinton Spain G 28 TEN
J.R. Sweezy G 30 SEA TBD
D.J. Fluker G 28 SEA TBD
Kevin Pamphile G 28 TEN
Eric Kush G 29 CHI
John Greco G 34 NYG
Tyler Shatley G 28 JAC
Jermon Bushrod G 35 NO
Michael Person G 31 SF
Zane Beadles G 32 ATL
Tom Compton G 30 MIN
Dakota Dozier G 28 NYJ
Jordan Devey G 31 KC
Amini Silatolu G 30 CAR
Marcus Martin G 25 DAL
A.J. Cann G 27 JAC
Jeremiah Sirles G 28 BUF
Bryan Witzmann G 29 CHI
Jeff Allen G 29 KC
Matt Tobin G 29 NE
Oday Aboushi G 28 ARI
Jonathan Cooper G 29 WAS
John Miller G 26 BUF
Chaz Green G 27 NO
Jon Feliciano G 27 OAK
Arie Kouandjio G 27 WAS
Josh Walker G 28 JAC
Max Garcia G 27 DEN
Mark Glowinski G 27 IND

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/guard/

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Look @BonifayRam I plan on enjoying my bye week, something I need after that emotionally terrorizing game Monday night. Please quit trying to ruin my recuperation with discussing possible bad news.:eek:
All kidding aside. Just listening to the remarks from Saffold, plus seeing how McVay seems intent on holding onto talented players my gut, or heart says that Saffold will be a Ram next year. If you say otherwise I will curse you and and link into your computer so that you have to listen to my wife calling the Rams games.:shocked:

Doesn't the Constitution prohibit cruel and unusual punishment ???