NFL.com's QB Power Rankings - Bradford is a ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Actually Wilson threw 407 regular season passes last year, completing 63%. That is an average of 25.4 passes a game.
Wilson is a good QB, with a good head on his shoulders and has good escapability (when not playing the Rams). I don't think anyone would dispute that. Outside of that, however, his team allowed only 14.4 pts per game. That would be a nice crutch to have along with the 1573 AP yards they got from Lynch. And the incredibly strong special teams they trotted out there too. Seattle exemplified a team effort last year; and not surprisingly, that's a formula for success.

Throwing 25.4 passes per game is ideal. You don't want a QB to have to throw it 31.6 times per game without a strong running game - as was the case with the Rams last year. You also don't want to have to throw 31.6 times per game with inexperienced receivers - as was also the case with the Rams. If the Rams can manage to throw it 25 times or less per game, then they're achieving their objective of a ball control offense, and are likely playing good defense.

So clearly, the Rams want to get their offensive production up slightly, while dropping their PPG allowed significantly (22.8). They ended the season with a -1.0 point differential, and Seattle ended theirs with a +11. To boil it down, we need to get our point differential up in the positive range one way or another. The easiest and most effective way would be to limit the other team's scoring like Seattle did (14.4 ppg) and continue to build on the momentum achieved by an effective running game last year. Once that's established, the passing game should open up just like it does for Wilson.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Actually Wilson threw 407 regular season passes last year, completing 63%. That is an average of 25.4 passes a game.

Like bigramfan said, the fewest in the league. I just threw 25 to 30 times a game out there. mostly I'm curious how he would do if he had to be in the top 10-20 in attempts in order for his team to compete. To me the last half of his season and some of the playoff games looked a little Dilfer-y. its not to criticize him, I think he's a fine young player. But I do... wonder.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well of course Sam's a question mark at this point. Until this rebuild project yields a positive win total, everyone is suspect.

You're suspect!

yasuspect.jpg

Even the entire coaching staff was thrown under the bus recently in a different article. When the Rams make the playoffs this year, everyone can return to their rightful place as believers in the Rams and forget they ever doubted any single coach or player. It's how the Universe works.

Totally agree.

The coaching staff... the roster... Bradford.

They're all getting hit pretty hard.

Win (at least more than you lose), and it all stops.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
IMO, the main point here is that Wilson hasn't been challenged like Bradford has been challenged, with a team that isn't going anywhere unless he does something about it. Which is also an unfair challenge.

Wilson came into the league with a team primed to make a playoff run. He didn't have to do as much as Bradford was expected to do. Quite simply, Wilson can't experience what Bradford did.

SWMO Fan

UDFA
Name
Mike
I find it interesting that Romo, Stafford and Cutler are considered established franchise QB's that haven't won anything. Because they've had the benefit of being on better teams?

Not saying they are good or bad but what makes them franchise QB's exactly if they haven't won a SB let alone playoff games.
Bradford hasn't won a SB or a playoff game and he is referred to as our franchise QB. I think the term "franchise QB" is open for wide interpretation. JMO

jjab360

Legend
I've been thinking of starting "The Official Rams Bulletin Board Material For Training Camp Thread" where we compile every negative article about Rams players, coaches, and staff. Maybe Kevin Demoff, Joe Barksdale, or Johnny Hekker, who have all done Q&A's here at ROD, will get the players and coaches to read through the negative, gloom and doom comments and it will get them fired up for the season. It sure would do that for me.
Yeah, do that. That would be awesome.