NFL.com- Shaun Hill vs. Austin Davis to be game-time decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-hill-vs-austin-davis-to-be-gametime-decision

St. Louis Rams backup quarterback Austin Davis made Gregg Rosenthal's list of Week 2 winners for his impressive game-winning drive against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
Three days after declaring that Shaun Hill will remain the starter once his injured thigh allows, coach Jeff Fisher stated, via the team's official Twitter feed, that his Week 3 quarterback could be a game-time decision.
Hill was limited to 7-on-7 drills in Thursday's practice, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
As we pointed out on the Week 2 recap edition of the Around The NFL Podcast, Davis is far from a liability as a spot starter.
If he's forced into extensive action this season, though, his lack of NFL-caliber arm strength will limit the offense.
Check back this weekend for an update on Fisher's decision.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I disagree Davis arm strength is fine and to me after the Tampa win he earned another chance to start. If Shawn Hill hasn't had a full week of practice i don't see why we throw him out there against the Cowboys.

Let Davis start at home give Hill the bye to recover and if Fisher still believes that Hill is our best option bring him back against Philly.

RamBill

Legend
Fox 2 Sports reporter Charlie spent time at the Rams practice facility trying to find out who the Rams quarterback will be for this coming Sunday’s Cowboys at Rams game. Will the Rams go with Austin Davis, who won his first NFL start last Sunday in Tampa? Or will they go back to proven NFL backup Shaun Hill, who had to leave the Rams opening game against the Vikings with a leg injury?

Watch Rams Fox 2 Report

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If Davis didn't have a NFL arm the team would bothered to bring him in as a UDFA in the first place.
Watching him over the last few camps his arm is as good as Hill's and better than Clemens.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't be. If Hill isn't 100%, give Davis another go.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Shouldn't be. If Hill isn't 100%, give Davis another go.

With Davis taking most of the reps in practice and at this point in the week I agree ,but saying so for Fisher only makes Dallas' preparation easier ,let them have to guess

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That ^^ is a good point, and we know Fisher is coy about these things for just that reason.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have faith that either QB to get the Job done! I worry about our trenches more!

If he's forced into extensive action this season, though, his lack of NFL-caliber arm strength will limit the offense.

We know this? Based on one game where he was very good? Maybe give him an extended period then see if he limits the O.

Athos

Legend
The one thing I hate with coaches are the games. From the sounds of it, Hill hasn't been active at all and only recently limited, both Wen. and Thurs. practice.

Maybe they want teams questioning which QB to game plan for, but I just hope they've chosen the QB already and that QB is Davis.

TexRamFan

Rookie
The one thing I hate with coaches are the games. From the sounds of it, Hill hasn't been active at all and only recently limited, both Wen. and Thurs. practice.

Maybe they want teams questioning which QB to game plan for, but I just hope they've chosen the QB already and that QB is Davis.

Couldn't agree more. This is Fisher making planning just a little harder for Dallas. The big difference IMO is the scrambling ability of Davis. I have to give Schotty props for calling a game that suited Davis's abilities. Let's just hope he can do it in back to back games.

With all of the talk about Davis's arm and those using the game at Tampa as a measuring bar....remember, the field was not in great shape with the rain and the conditions where not ideal for throwing. I would think this would make things harder on a qb and the perceived arm strength.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Davis will start and I'll never let Cowturd Nation forget a third string QB beat them! ;) lol

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Why come out and name Davis the starter right away? Don't give him an opportunity to become complacent. If he can string it together for a while then maybe you call him starter.

iced

i think that deep shot to quick on the playaction post route on 2nd and 1 w/less than 2 minutes in the 4th show cased his arm strength