NFL.com rookie rankings 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Some interesting quotes:
- On Wentz:
"Wentz had a roller-coaster season, but overall, he showed tremendous promise. This was supposed to be a redshirt year for the No. 2 overall pick; instead, he started all 16 games for the Eagles. He played really well at the end of the season, thanks in large part to the return of right tackle Lane Johnson."
Kinda hard to quarterback when your RT is playing on one leg.​
- On Tunsil:
"Tunsil played out of position this fall (LG), but he was a main reason for running back Jay Ajayi's breakout season. He has the ability to make rare blocks at the second level because of his athleticism."
It'd be nice if we had a G or two who was on the same page as the running back. Kudos also to the Dolphins for having the guts to start Tunsil at LG & not force him into playing LT right away.​
Some other nice notes on Jack Conklin, Hunter Henry & Cody Whitehair. Elliot & Prescott went 1 & 2, but kinda expected with that OL.

I just think the Rams should've had the OL fixed before they took a QB #1, and an RB #1 the year before. I like Hav and Rob to some degree, it's possible they thought the OL was fixed, and then something happened this season -- Saffold's & Hav's injuries, GRob still young & raw, and releasing Garrett Reynolds (I think they should've kept him) -- something happened to this OL. If we had last year's OL, I'm positive Gurley would've been right behind Elliot in yards & TD's this season.
Regardless, there was good OL & TE talent in this draft that I think we missed due to taking Goff #1. I really don't think Prescott & Elliot are "all that", given DeMarco Murray's dismal performance after he left the Cowboys. I really hope whoever the Rams get as a coach fixes this OL.

SAK11

Rookie
Playing behind that Dallas o-line is beneficial to Elliott, but he has everything you'd want from a RB. When you lead the NFL in rushing by over 300 yards without even playing the last game, while averaging over 5 yards per carry, coming off 2 dominant college seasons where he was likely to be a top 10 pick even if it wasn't Dallas taking him, you can't simply say it's the o-line. This is coming from someone who has cheered against Zeke since he arrived at Ohio State two years ago, too. Murray also showed his true abilities once again this year in Tennessee; he was imply miscast in Philly. But yes the point that an o-line helps a run game is obviously true, I just think Elliott is a star, too.

As for the main point you were making that the Rams should've fixed their o-line before this year, that's a point being made in hindsight. The Rams thought their o-line would at least be serviceable this season, and clearly they were wrong. They had used plenty of draft picks and money on the o-line in recent years, it just didn't worked out. The rams o-line progressed pretty nicely last year. Things just went terribly wrong this year, so now they have a new coaching staff to fix it, to try to help Goff and Gurley show their true colours.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Some interesting quotes:
- On Wentz:
"Wentz had a roller-coaster season, but overall, he showed tremendous promise. This was supposed to be a redshirt year for the No. 2 overall pick; instead, he started all 16 games for the Eagles. He played really well at the end of the season, thanks in large part to the return of right tackle Lane Johnson."
Kinda hard to quarterback when your RT is playing on one leg.​
- On Tunsil:
"Tunsil played out of position this fall (LG), but he was a main reason for running back Jay Ajayi's breakout season. He has the ability to make rare blocks at the second level because of his athleticism."
It'd be nice if we had a G or two who was on the same page as the running back. Kudos also to the Dolphins for having the guts to start Tunsil at LG & not force him into playing LT right away.​
Some other nice notes on Jack Conklin, Hunter Henry & Cody Whitehair. Elliot & Prescott went 1 & 2, but kinda expected with that OL.

I just think the Rams should've had the OL fixed before they took a QB #1, and an RB #1 the year before. I like Hav and Rob to some degree, it's possible they thought the OL was fixed, and then something happened this season -- Saffold's & Hav's injuries, GRob still young & raw, and releasing Garrett Reynolds (I think they should've kept him) -- something happened to this OL. If we had last year's OL, I'm positive Gurley would've been right behind Elliot in yards & TD's this season.
Regardless, there was good OL & TE talent in this draft that I think we missed due to taking Goff #1. I really don't think Prescott & Elliot are "all that", given DeMarco Murray's dismal performance after he left the Cowboys. I really hope whoever the Rams get as a coach fixes this OL.

We have to get this offensive line fixed this offseason or were in for a repeat of this year. It doesn't matter who the pass catchers or coaches are. If Gurley isn't playing like last year, that means Goff isn't getting time in the pocket, which means we are losing.