Nfl.Com Rates Rams Third Worst in the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
LINK: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-1-2023-nfl-season

Rank
Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams

Aaron Donald considered retirement following the Rams' Super Bowl LVI victory. After a trying 2022 season, he's back as the unquestionable leader of the Rams' defense as they try to climb back to respectability. It's a very young roster, which could result in early-season growing pains. Could Donald be moved to a contender if the Rams slip out of the race prior to 4 p.m. ET on All Hallows' Eve, a.k.a. the trade deadline? I wouldn't rule out a scenario similar to Von Miller exiting Denver to chase a Super Bowl with the Rams in 2021. Los Angeles is awash in dead cap money and would surely love to stockpile future assets. Trading Donald was once unthinkable, but now it feels like it will be a quite-reasonable possibility at some point.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Donald has a dead cap of $33.5M in 2024 if we trade him. No way. I just don't see it.

Plus if we trade him all those void years also turn into dead cap (please correct me if I am reading that wrong).

Also, he has a no trade clause.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Can't blame anyone for thinking the Rams are one of the worst teams in the league. Coming off a 5 win season and a roster that looks to have taken a step back. But today we have the same record as everyone else. So who knows? We'll have to see what it looks like after 17 games.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Accurate unless we prove it otherwise. As snackdaddy pretty much said, we haven't given them a reason not to rank us so low.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Florio was trying push the Donald trade talk the other day and Peter King was throwing cold water on it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
A no trade clause simply means that the player has to give his permission to be traded to that team for the trade to be made.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I guess so, but look at the NFC as a whole. Looks like a glutton of mediocrity to me. The lack of elite QB’s is glaring.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
We might have holes but there is still a lot of talent on this team. 3rd worst is one of the worst takes I have ever read. Stafford, Kupp, Donald, an improved oline alone is worth a few wins. A rookie led team like Indy ahead of us. Frankly the more I read this article the more upside down it appear. Looks like a lazy report if you ask me. The good news is this, keep sleeping on the Rams, they are going to surprise some folks and if this team gets early leads we will be hard to beat. My biggest concern is can we stop the run which is way playing with a lead is going to be crucial.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I guess so, but look at the NFC as a whole. Looks like a glutton of mediocrity to me. The lack of elite QB’s is glaring.
These are my thoughts. If the NFC was good at all, I’d be worried. But it’s wide open and outside of the Eagles, every team has big questions to answer.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Can't blame anyone for thinking the Rams are one of the worst teams in the league. Coming off a 5 win season and a roster that looks to have taken a step back. But today we have the same record as everyone else. So who knows? We'll have to see what it looks like after 17 games.
As one who doesn't get all wrapped up in "ratings" and "rankings", especially prior to the season, I'm glad we're looked at like a shit-stain on the NFL. Makes winning all that more enjoyable. And makes all those prognosticators look like shit-stains of the media.