NFL.com has its experts four latest Mocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm Goff or Wentz.

I can't get excited about Lynch. His accuracy and field vision is a concern for me. That's like a WR or RB without speed. You Have it or you don't.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sure love the idea of staying at 15 and getting our QB. Just wish I felt more confident it would happen that way.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm Goff or Wentz.

I can't get excited about Lynch. His accuracy and field vision is a concern for me. That's like a WR or RB without speed. You Have it or you don't.

I wouldn't go that far. Yes, if you're simply an inaccurate passer...not much you can do. But accuracy definitely becomes more consistent as QBs work out mechanical kinks in their game. Lynch has never struck me as an inaccurate QB.

Field vision tends to be something that improves with experience and age. Mental processing speed is something that typically you have it or you don't. I'm not 100% certain on Lynch on that one...but I think he has it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Field vision tends to be something that improves with experience and age. Mental processing speed is something that typically you have it or you don't. I'm not 100% certain on Lynch on that one...but I think he has it.

I concur I like Lynch and I feel he's being judged on just one game the bowl game where his Head Coach (Justin Fuente) was not coaching the Tigers in that game and I always feel you have to take that into consideration.

Lynch brings quite a bit to the table including taking a program that was considered one of the worst and propelling it upward in college football. Big kid, good athlete and a gamer I'd take a shot with him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Connor Cook getting no love

The dude should be our pick at 15 if Wentz and Goff are gone - I think dude is a better QB than Lynch

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does anyone have an opinion on the Kid from Alabama, Coker!?
I need input!

Johnny%205.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need input!

Coker's a real wildcard due to his lack of snaps. He's one of many QBs in this draft with big frames and plenty of arm that might develop nicely under the right staff. A lot to like about him the way he played down the stretch this season but low sample size and he played behind a dominant line and under the best staff in the NCAA.

The teams that really make out in this draft are the ones who have a QB. Because there are so many good options to draft and sit on your depth chart who have starting potential. It's impressive.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't go that far. Yes, if you're simply an inaccurate passer...not much you can do. But accuracy definitely becomes more consistent as QBs work out mechanical kinks in their game. Lynch has never struck me as an inaccurate QB.

I think Lynch has it and will be a very good NFL QB eventually.

Connor Cook getting no love

The dude should be our pick at 15 if Wentz and Goff are gone - I think dude is a better QB than Lynch

Weren't you one of the guys that didn't like him? I watch Big Ten football more than any other conference. One thing that was consisten with Cook is inconsistency. Watching over the years, he never struck me as a top NFL QB. He does some nice things and has some very nice games but then he disappears at times. Maybe I am unrealistic in that guys like Rodgers and Brees don't seem to disappear. I remember watching Brees at Purdue and he was insanely good. I don't get that from watching Cook. Maybe I shouldn't be expecting/hoping for that. Cook lacks that ever elusive 'It' factor for me. I don't recall ever seeing him do anything amazing that makes you really take notice. He works within his designated scope and doesn't go past it. I guess the word I am looking for is that he doesn't seem like a playmaker that the team can rely on to pull them out of a hole.

I, will be fine with the Rams picking him, but wouldn't ever expect any greatness from the kid. Maybe an Andy Dalton like ceiling at best. I think Dalton was a much better prospect btw. He will know the pro system coming in and should be able to start quickly, but long term he will leave the fans wanting. If they cannot get a great pure passer then I would want a guy that can make things happen with his legs as well. An elusive guy that keeps a defense on their toes and helps the offense in that way.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need input!

View attachment 12031

JMO but I thought he looked pretty bad this year. Even got benched for a brief time. Had a couple good games at the right time in the CFB Playoffs but I don't think they outweigh all the unimpressive performances. Very physically talented but the instincts seemed to be lacking to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weren't you one of the guys that didn't like him? I watch Big Ten football more than any other conference. One thing that was consisten with Cook is inconsistency. Watching over the years, he never struck me as a top NFL QB. He does some nice things and has some very nice games but then he disappears at times. Maybe I am unrealistic in that guys like Rodgers and Brees don't seem to disappear. I remember watching Brees at Purdue and he was insanely good. I don't get that from watching Cook. Maybe I shouldn't be expecting/hoping for that. Cook lacks that ever elusive 'It' factor for me. I don't recall ever seeing him do anything amazing that makes you really take notice. He works within his designated scope and doesn't go past it. I guess the word I am looking for is that he doesn't seem like a playmaker that the team can rely on to pull them out of a hole.

I, will be fine with the Rams picking him, but wouldn't ever expect any greatness from the kid. Maybe an Andy Dalton like ceiling at best. I think Dalton was a much better prospect btw. He will know the pro system coming in and should be able to start quickly, but long term he will leave the fans wanting. If they cannot get a great pure passer then I would want a guy that can make things happen with his legs as well. An elusive guy that keeps a defense on their toes and helps the offense in that way.

I don't think there really is an "It" factor. Cook does lack consistency. And he lacks the elite level accuracy to be a top tier QB. But I think he's strong enough in other areas to be an effective NFL QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't impressed with what I saw of Lynch in the games I watched even prior to his bowl disaster. (Which I disregard because of Fuentes)
That said, I could get behind him because of his unique physical tools. Heck, if he kills it in the combine, he could still but #1 QB off the board.
Otherwise, if they cant get him, Wentz or Goff then I'd rather roll with Mannion and hope they get some WR either in round 1 or 2

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I think Lynch has it and will be a very good NFL QB eventually.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Goff - don't get his bunny feet no matter how well he supposedly moves in the pocket

I like Cook and think he'd make a great Ram as long as it's Fisher in charge

p.s. I like your observations on Cook nonetheless!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't been the biggest fan of Goff - don't get his bunny feet no matter how well he supposedly moves in the pocket

I like Cook and think he'd make a great Ram as long as it's Fisher in charge

p.s. I like your observations on Cook nonetheless!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...f-became-nations-top-nfl-quarterback-prospect
Goff might not mirror Manning before a play begins, but once the ball is snapped, there's at least one aspect of Goff that might draw comparisons to the NFL's all-time touchdown leader. Arguably the strongest asset at Goff's disposal is his footwork, which resembles Manning's feet on Sundays.

"I try to pride myself in having really quick feet and being able to set up and throw balls in time," Goff says. "Having my feet be as good as I want them to be can get me out of a lot of problems when I'm in the pocket and stuff starts to break down. There's rarely ever a perfect pocket."

When Goff maneuvers inside the pocket, his feet bounce up and down off the turf. Franklin calls this "Peyton Manning feet," adding that they frequently watch film of Manning.

"We get our feet as hot as a typewriter," Franklin says. "We're always able to move and find a throwing lane because we're always having our feet hot like a typewriter."

In the clip above, taken from the first game of Goff's sophomore season against Northwestern, you can see just how quick and short Goff's steps are, which is something that Franklin emphasizes because it allows Goff to release the football at a moment's notice.

"Manning will move from the A gap to the C gap feet -- feet hot, hot all the time, typing all the time. He can throw the ball back across the field because his body position is perfect," Franklin says. "Guys who step have to wait until the foot lands before they can throw the ball."

Though Goff is by no means a running quarterback, one of his most underrated qualities is his ability to extend plays behind the line of scrimmage, which is a skill that Franklin attributes to Goff's footwork.

Franklin typically spends a portion of practice putting his quarterbacks through a series of footwork drills while the team works on kickoffs. There's one drill in particular that Franklin runs with his quarterbacks.

The six of them line up in rows of three, so that each quarterback is across from another, separated by no more than a few yards. One row of quarterbacks holds the footballs. Franklin then spews out verbiage that sounds like a foreign language to me. The quarterbacks nod.

"Hit!" Franklin commands.

The three quarterbacks holding the footballs toss them across to the other three, who put their feet to work, lightly bouncing around in each of their imaginary pockets, scanning a field filled with made-up targets and defenders. They repeat this drill over and over, with Franklin changing the play call every few reps and the quarterbacks adjusting their footwork and eye level to correspond with the call.

All six quarterbacks are quick on their feet, but Goff's reach another level.

"His feet and pocket presence are amazing," Treggs says. "Whenever he needs to throw the ball, he's ready. He doesn't need to set his feet. They're already ready to throw."

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Goff makes me drool after reading that, but...

You wanna look at a guy who has good bouncy feet it's Connor Cook - he has that ability too but doesn't look like a clown in the process

And honestly I just go by my initial reactions which also leads me to flip flip from time to time but I think Connor Cook is the diamond in this whole draft - don't see why anyone on earth would take Lynch over Cook

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some interesting mocks here. They all have the Eagles & 9ers passing on QB's. who's the Eagles QB again?
Wait... Doug Pederson mentioned bringing in a 'young quarterback?!?'
"get you a young quarterback possibly, and then you just start developing your talent and you see what happens after that."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/wait-doug-pederson-mentioned-bringing-young-quarterback/

ESPN's Phil Sheridan reported the Eagles could let Bradford walk if they believe they can get a "legit quarterback" in the draft, and it sounds like Pederson is open to that option.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My only take on this topic is if the Rams do in fact draft a QB then they must consider Mannion a wasted pick

Myself, I kind of liked what I saw in Keenum, I'd compare him to (at his point) a poor mans young Drew Brees

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My only take on this topic is if the Rams do in fact draft a QB then they must consider Mannion a wasted pick

Myself, I kind of liked what I saw in Keenum, I'd compare him to (at his point) a poor mans young Drew Brees

Just wished that Case had half the arm that Drew has currently in the twilight of his great NFL career. IMO Case would be a Outstanding 3rd string QB & a fair enough 2nd string QB at best. Snead better work his butt off to ensure that Case will be in that Outstanding spot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait... Doug Pederson mentioned bringing in a 'young quarterback?!?'
"get you a young quarterback possibly, and then you just start developing your talent and you see what happens after that."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/wait-doug-pederson-mentioned-bringing-young-quarterback/

ESPN's Phil Sheridan reported the Eagles could let Bradford walk if they believe they can get a "legit quarterback" in the draft, and it sounds like Pederson is open to that option.

Yep Pederson is no fool. Why invest in a guy like Sam who is not only an immense injury risk but who hasn't played up to his high draft status AND seems to have an enormously high opinion of his worth? If you're a coach in your first year that would be an enormous gamble. Much wiser to identify the QB you think you can build with and draft the guy.

And what I find funny is what we've talked about on this board for some time now, that the media still doesn't understand how ridiculous it is to think a 6'6"+ QB with mobility and some high end skills is going to somehow slide to 15 overall. It is just not going to happen. 3 QBs are going top 10 this year IMO, because one or two teams will likely move up to ensure they get the one they want.

At some point here they're going to catch up and realize how good this QB class is.