NFL.com full 7 round mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They have every team obviously, all 253 draft picks, but obviously we only care about who the Rams are mocked to pick... Here's who Chad Reuter has us taking....

1 (6) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
2 (33) Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
2 (39) Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
3 (65) Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
4 (96) Sean Spence, OLB, Miami
6 (171) B.J. Coleman, QB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
7 (209) Drew Butler, P, Georgia
7 (252) Michael Smith, RB, Utah State

Full article and mock here:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d ... le=HP11_cp

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Saw that earlier. I don't know why we'd go safety in the 2nd round. I think we're okay with Mikell and Stewart as starters at safety, but maybe Fisher doesn't see it that way.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
bluecoconuts said:
They have every team obviously, all 253 draft picks, but obviously we only care about who the Rams are mocked to pick... Here's who Chad Reuter has us taking....

2 (33) Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
2 (39) Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
3 (65) Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
6 (171) B.J. Coleman, QB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
7 (209) Drew Butler, P, Georgia
7 (252) Michael Smith, RB, Utah State

Full article and mock here:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d ... le=HP11_cp

Give me Worthy or Devon Still at 39 and Doug Martin at 33

Then in the 6th give me Childs or Dwight Jones instead of a QB...we just signed our backup.

Now you got yourself a draft.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's no way Osemele's going to be there in the third round, and I have no idea why they're giving us a quarterback and a punter. We don't need the former, and we can easily find the latter in free agency. I also have no clue why we'd draft a running back so late; if we're drafting one this late, we might as well not draft one at all. I love Harrison Smith as a prospect, but we have absolutely no need for a safety. Worthy is extremely overrated; he disappears far more often than he has big games. Blackmon and Osemele are the only picks I like, and out of those two, Blackmon is the only one with any semblance of realism.

I wouldn't like this draft if it happened that way.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The only thing better than the draft upcoming, will be stomping the queens in the SC playoffs. :bign:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd draft Drew Butler in the 7th. He is an outstanding punter and would be a starter. It is a need. QB in the 4th??????? Can't begin to understand that one.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Based on that draft...[hil]my changes are highlighted.[/hil]

2 (33) Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State [hil](Brandon Thompson, DT)[/hil] Like him way better than Worthy.
2 (39) Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame [hil](Bobby Massie, OT)[/hil] Valuable versatile backup, future starter at one of 4 positions.
3 (65) Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State [hil](Lamichael James, RB)[/hil] Fun pick, can return, change of pace, tougher inside runner than people give him cred for, and he can catch the ball.
6 (171) B.J. Coleman, QB, Tennessee-Chattanooga [hil](Aaron Henry, S)[/hil] Special teamer, depth at safety which is sorely needed.
7 (209) Drew Butler, P, Georgia [hil](Brandon Bolden, RB)[/hil] I like this kid. I see something in him, could be a surprise.
7 (252) Michael Smith, RB, Utah State [hil](Greg McCoy, CB/KR)[/hil] Decent size/speed combo, is a good kick returner, worth a chance here.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DR RAM said:
Based on that draft...[hil]my changes are highlighted.[/hil]

2 (33) Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State [hil](Brandon Thompson, DT)[/hil] Like him way better than Worthy.
2 (39) Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame [hil](Bobby Massie, OT)[/hil] Valuable versatile backup, future starter at one of 4 positions.
3 (65) Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State [hil](Lamichael James, RB)[/hil] Fun pick, can return, change of pace, tougher inside runner than people give him cred for, and he can catch the ball.
6 (171) B.J. Coleman, QB, Tennessee-Chattanooga [hil](Aaron Henry, S)[/hil] Special teamer, depth at safety which is sorely needed.
7 (209) Drew Butler, P, Georgia [hil](Brandon Bolden, RB)[/hil] I like this kid. I see something in him, could be a surprise.
7 (252) Michael Smith, RB, Utah State [hil](Greg McCoy, CB/KR)[/hil] Decent size/speed combo, is a good kick returner, worth a chance here.

I like this one better.

superfan24

Starter
I absolutely love Harrison Smith (no homo) but I agree with you guys that there is no need at all for a safety especially at that spot so why do it?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Saw that earlier. I don't know why we'd go safety in the 2nd round. I think we're okay with Mikell and Stewart as starters at safety, but maybe Fisher doesn't see it that way.
I thought that too. The comments are something like the Rams are a "safety needy team". I guess they didn't know we had Stewart and Mikell along with Dahl.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
That old worn saying comes to mind; "opinions are like a$$holes"....(you can fill in the blanks). :yawn:

As all can see and read, the closer we get, the weirder the predictions become. :sly:

That said, good picks doc. :ww:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
X said:
I thought that too. The comments are something like the Rams are a "safety needy team". I guess they didn't know we had Stewart and Mikell along with Dahl.
I wouldn't consider Dahl, or Butler, or any other safety not named Stewart or Mikell any kind of asset, so I do think it is a need.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:
I wouldn't consider Dahl, or Butler, or any other safety not named Stewart or Mikell any kind of asset, so I do think it is a need.

And that's assuming Stewart continues to improve. He has the potential to, but if his development plateaus he isnt really a asset either. If and where we draft a S will speak volumes as to the new regimes opinion on Stewart.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:

And that's assuming Stewart continues to improve. He has the potential to, but if his development plateaus he isnt really a asset either. If and where we draft a S will speak volumes as to the new regimes opinion on Stewart.
I disagree on Stewart, he is a star in the making, opposing coaches game planned for him, he was just asked to do too much last year, including calling the plays on the secondary, and being the single backer in some packages. When this defense has more talent, and simplifies, and Darian can just be Darian the safety...watch out.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:

I disagree on Stewart, he is a star in the making, opposing coaches game planned for him, he was just asked to do too much last year, including calling the plays on the secondary, and being the single backer in some packages. When this defense has more talent, and simplifies, and Darian can just be Darian the safety...watch out.

Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of Stewart. Like you I think he can become a very good player. However as of right now he is only a borderline NFL starter and is a 3rd safety on most teams.

He is good in the box but still has to work on his coverage skills(he has the tools to be good in coverage). With the way the NFL is evolving coverage skills for safeties is imperative. So what I was saying was if his coverage skill do not improve the regime may choose to find an upgrade. Im sure they have already developed an opinion on him. If we draft a S its because they feel he has hit his ceiling.