NFL.com: Draft Winners and Losers Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490234/article/winners-and-losers-from-day-2-of-nfl-draft

Winners and losers from Day 2 of NFL Draft
  • By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: May 1, 2015 at 11:23 p.m.
  • Updated: May 1, 2015 at 11:37 p.m.
Losers:

NFC West run defenses: After grabbing the draft's best bruising runner in Todd Gurley, they picked up a road-grading right tackle Rob Havenstein in the second round and athletic guard Jamon Brown in the third. It doesn't hurt that last year's first round pick, left tackle Greg Robinson, flat-out blows defenders off the ball in the running game. The Rams are set up to challenge Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks as the division's dominant ground attack.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490234/article/winners-and-losers-from-day-2-of-nfl-draft

Winners and losers from Day 2 of NFL Draft
  • By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: May 1, 2015 at 11:23 p.m.
  • Updated: May 1, 2015 at 11:37 p.m.
Losers:

NFC West run defenses: After grabbing the draft's best bruising runner in Todd Gurley, they picked up a road-grading right tackle Rob Havenstein in the second round and athletic guard Jamon Brown in the third. It doesn't hurt that last year's first round pick, left tackle Greg Robinson, flat-out blows defenders off the ball in the running game. The Rams are set up to challenge Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks as the division's dominant ground attack.

I don't care what anybody says, I'm not getting down from this high.

bandre10

UDFA
Name
Brandon
Who is this guy anyway? I remember a few years back when Mel Kiper gave the Seahawks one of the worst grades in the 2012 draft class. How did that work out?

Last edited:

Big Game

Living The Dream
Seems weird has us as losers but what he says about the Rams seems as if he loves what we did lol.
At the end of the day I think the Rams did a great job so far

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He didn't say the rams are losers, he said nfc West defenses were the losers.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Did you guys read it or just assume he was talking shit? He has the losers as NFC West defenses because our line got that much better and we drafted the best RB. He complimented us.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Seems weird has us as losers but what he says about the Rams seems as if he loves what we did lol.
At the end of the day I think the Rams did a great job so far
If you guys look at what he wrote .... the first caption says Losers" NFC West Run Defenses" Meaning what the Rams did made them a force to be reckoned with :)

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all get caught up in the so called experts telling us who the best player available is . Then when the Rams pick someone who is way down the list we panic . I think they are building quite a roster and only time will tell who's right .

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489142/article/2015-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-nfc-teams

Also from NFL.com

St. Louis Rams
Draft pick:
RB Todd Gurley (No. 10 overall), OL Rob Havenstein (No. 57 overall), OL Jamon Brown (No. 72 overall), QB Sean Mannion (No. 89 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: B+
Overall grade: A
The skinny: As Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk said during NFL Network's broadcast of the draft, Gurley is the whole package at running back and should give the Rams' ground game a huge boost when he gets on the field. Yes, the medical issue will be in the back of everybody's mind, but the Rams landed one of the best tailback prospects to come into the league since Adrian Peterson. Havenstein should set up shop at right tackle, and Brown gives the Rams a solid run blocker. A lot of folks around the league liked Mannion's potential, and he found a good spot in St. Louis.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Did you guys read it or just assume he was talking crap? He has the losers as NFC West defenses because our line got that much better and we drafted the best RB. He complimented us.
Right, that's what I saw as well.

RamBill

Legend
Rams =Team That Has Helped Themselves the Most
Find out what the biggest picks, steals and reaches were on draft day two. Fox Sports Joel Klatt reveals those answers, plus he picks the Rams as the team that has helped themselves the most. He really likes the Gurley and Mannion picks.

Watch Klatt Talk Draft

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have not heard one "expert" that I trust, that is sour on what the Rams have done. Now .... I have seen many "experts" ... guys who try and make a living doing draft scouting (but yet they are so good, they don't work for NFL teams...they just sell to couch GM's) that hate it .... mostly because they didn't have the guys we took up in "their" ratings.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489142/article/2015-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-nfc-teams

Also from NFL.com

St. Louis Rams
Draft pick:
RB Todd Gurley (No. 10 overall), OL Rob Havenstein (No. 57 overall), OL Jamon Brown (No. 72 overall), QB Sean Mannion (No. 89 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: B+
Overall grade: A
The skinny: As Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk said during NFL Network's broadcast of the draft, Gurley is the whole package at running back and should give the Rams' ground game a huge boost when he gets on the field. Yes, the medical issue will be in the back of everybody's mind, but the Rams landed one of the best tailback prospects to come into the league since Adrian Peterson. Havenstein should set up shop at right tackle, and Brown gives the Rams a solid run blocker. A lot of folks around the league liked Mannion's potential, and he found a good spot in St. Louis.
This makes me feel a lot better, I knew very little about Havenstein and Brown!!