NFL Coaches not high on Dennard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard, according to the Sideline View's Lance Zierlein.
This is significant, since the draft media highly values Dennard's skills. The pure press man corner is very physical with receivers at the line of scrimmage and downfield, and that hand fighting could turn off some evaluators thanks to "illegal contact" being implemented in the NFL. Teams will likely question his long speed as well despite running a 4.51 forty.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter
Apr 8 - 1:49 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cant believe anything this time of year and I dont know who this guy is but first ive heard of teams not liking Dennard.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah, it is the season of misinformation. I am certainly not a talent evaluator but from what I've seen of his game I came away impressed. Still, I prefer Gilbert.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yeah, it is the season of misinformation. I am certainly not a talent evaluator but from what I've seen of his game I came away impressed. Still, I prefer Gilbert.

I have read some post on here that talked about Dennard getting away with a lot in college that he will get flagged for in the pros. I also like Gilbert if were going CB at 13.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Haha was waiting for the bashing of prospects.... " Matthews couldn't block a STD, watkins couldn't catch a cold " -_-
Dumb asses

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Haha was waiting for the bashing of prospects.... " Matthews couldn't block a STD, watkins couldn't catch a cold " -_-
Dumb asses

Yep there running out of things to talk about! shouldnt have pushed the draft back!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Dumb asses

You forgot the best one "Clowney is always just clownin around on plays"

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Gil Brandt reported that Dennard had a great Pro Day today. ran under 4.5.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes that Penn State WR Allen Robinson's "stock will be up" after his pro day performance.
"WR Allen Robinson having big day at Penn State pro day. 42 Vertical jump, 11 Broad jump, sub-4.5 40. Stock will be up after today," Brandt tweeted. The two-time Big Ten receiver of the year may not have break away speed, but he does make up for it with size (6-foot-3, 220 pounds)and athleticism. Teams are impressed with his ability to dominate smaller defenders after the catch, as well as his versatility to play inside or outside, and win at the catch point. Robinson could hear his name called in the second round of the draft.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter
Apr 8 - 1:39 PM

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Allen Robinson is way undervalued by the media and fans. That guy was clutch all year. He made the big catches when someone had to make them. He can jump and high point the ball nicely. He runs short, intermediate, and long routes. He is very good with the ball in his hands, often making a good gain out of a busted play. He is very good at WR screens even when they are sniffed out. He did this with a rookie QB prone to mistakes and a reclamation project in McGloin the year before. Some team will get a steal if Robinson last past the early part of round 2.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

This is not a team specific piece though. Misinformation is usually sown by team personnel to sources to try to mislead other teams as to their intentions. If this guy is just flat out wrong then okay but I don't think he wrote it to deceive. I agree with him BTW. Dennard is too scheme specific and his excessive holding wont fly in the NFL unless he is in a good situation like Dick Sherman where the refs allow him to get away with it. I am not sure how Sherman gets a pass but most DBs get called for the clutching, grabbing, arm barring stuff. I know the Rams DBs did.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This is not a team specific piece though. Misinformation is usually sown by team personnel to sources to try to mislead other teams as to their intentions. If this guy is just flat out wrong then okay but I don't think he wrote it to deceive. I agree with him BTW. Dennard is too scheme specific and his excessive holding wont fly in the NFL unless he is in a good situation like Dick Sherman where the refs allow him to get away with it. I am not sure how Sherman gets a pass but most DBs get called for the clutching, grabbing, arm barring stuff. I know the Rams DBs did.
Good point. I did not consider the source of the article.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Yep there running out of things to talk about! shouldnt have pushed the draft back!
I agree whole heartedly there! Stupid Goddell! Hate his dumb face! We'd be almost ready now for draft normally right?

You forgot the best one "Clowney is always just clownin around on plays"
lmao that should of been my lead off one! haha

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have read some post on here that talked about Dennard getting away with a lot in college that he will get flagged for in the pros. I also like Gilbert if were going CB at 13.

He definitely is a grabber. A bit too much of one but Seattle's CBs get away with it...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I agree whole heartedly there! Stupid Goddell! Hate his dumb face! We'd be almost ready now for draft normally right?

lmao that should of been my lead off one! haha

I think its normally around the 25th of april whenver that friday falls on. so they moved it back like 2 weeks.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The NFL is "absolutely not" high on Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard.
This sort of statement is really ambiguous, are they saying they aren't hi on him as a top ten prospect, a top DB or a top CB. If the source of this info is trying to convince me that Dennard is no a top CB or prospect of any kind I would be shocked. I will be shocked if he isn't one of the first three CB's taken which will put him in the top 5% of CB's And that is the very definition of a Top prospect.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I think its normally around the 25th of april whenver that friday falls on. so they moved it back like 2 weeks.
FML this sucks... if it was later this month it wouldn't be to bad... we have like a month left... not looking forward to the pointless articles and bs the next month ;/
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was waiting for the bashing of prospects? :sneaky:

Yes, exactly why i don't want him because he's a basher...!