NFL broadcasting musical chairs: Catching you up on the announcers for 'MNF,' 'TNF' and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NFL broadcasting musical chairs: Catching you up on the announcers for 'MNF,' 'TNF' and more​

The movement in the 2022 NFL offseason hasn’t just included a bunch of star players.

There’s also been some changes in the broadcast booths. And if you’re head’s spinning a little bit trying to remember who’s gone where and who’s calling what game, we’ve got you covered.

There’s a new booth for Monday Night Football. Amazon’s Thursday Night Football will have its own pairing. Sunday Night Football has a new play-by-play voice (but one we’re familiar with). That means the lead announcers for top FOX NFL games will be new.

Let’s dive in and go over who’s where at the moment:

Monday Night Football: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman

The lead pairing from FOX joined ESPN to call Monday Night Football, replacing Steve Levy, Louis Riddick and Brian Griese.

Thursday Night Football: Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit

A new pairing! Michaels comes over from Sunday Night Football — there was a lot of talk about Michaels leaving NBC before it was official — and joins Herbstreit, who will remain with ESPN as a college football analyst.

The pair will be on Amazon Prime every Thursday.

Sunday Night Football: Mike Tirico and Cris Collinsworth

This makes sense. Tirico is great at calling NFL games. Only question here is: Will we see the Collinsworth Slide continue?

Lead CBS team: Jim Nantz and Tony Romo

No changes here.

Lead FOX team: TBD

This is the only question we have left to answer.

Could Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen move up? We’ll see.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Al Michaels used to be one of my faves, but he needs to call it a career. He was awful this postseason and SB IMO.

Psycho_X

Legend
Al Michaels used to be one of my faves, but he needs to call it a career. He was awful this postseason and SB IMO.
Agreed I have always loved Michaels over anyone else. Idk if he needs to call it a career but he has definitely struggled a bit lately and has fallen off the ability to be the premiere featured game announcer. TNF is probably a good place for him. Currently there's not really any play by play man who I truly love to listen to anymore. I think Buck, Tirico and Michaels are fine and don't mind them but meh.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
No way they move Greg Olsen up, he sucks as a game analyst. He reminds me of the year Bruce Arians was an analyst..... That was some horrible TV to listen to.