NFL brings time of transition for Auburn's Greg Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
NFL brings time of transition for Auburn's Greg Robinson
By Mark Inabinett
June 16, 2014

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/nfl_brings_time_of_transition.html

Greg Robinson is making the move from the left offensive tackle position that he held down at Auburn to the left guard spot for the St. Louis Rams after being taken with the second pick in the NFL Draft on May 8. But that's not the only transition for Robinson as he prepares for his rookie season. He's also moving from a hurry-up, no-huddle collegiate offense to an NFL playbook.

"We had a select few (plays at Auburn), but it worked," Robinson said. "This is a full playbook, and it's something that I'm really going to have to work on and really learn in and out because I'm sure they are not going to play nobody that's not ready. But they threw me in the fire, and that's something that I'm going to have to get used to real fast."

Robinson does think at least one thing about moving to guard will grow on him.

"Well, I can get my hands on them faster," Robinson said, "so it's something that I think I can grow to like. But I'm a little rusty. It's been a while since I played guard.

"I think sooner or later it's going to come."

Robinson also could be making a transition into a new lifestyle after signing a guaranteed four-year contract worth about $21.3 million, including a $13.8 million signing bonus. Robinson has plans for the money.

"Put it in the bank," he said. "I'm going to take my time with it. I'm not planning to rush into anything. I've talked to my mom. She has a few things she would like for me to do for her. But I'd rather just take my time because I don't want to make any mistakes early. I made the decision to get a financial advisor early because I never experienced having this much money. I really came from nothing, so my plan is to be smart about it and manage it as well as I can.''

St. Louis is the only NFL team that does not have a mandatory minicamp this month. The Rams have three more voluntary OTAs scheduled this week before breaking until training camp next month.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
"Put it in the bank," he said. "I'm going to take my time with it. I'm not planning to rush into anything. I've talked to my mom. She has a few things she would like for me to do for her. But I'd rather just take my time because I don't want to make any mistakes early. I made the decision to get a financial advisor early because I never experienced having this much money. I really came from nothing, so my plan is to be smart about it and manage it as well as I can.''

Man, this is what I most like about this guy. Simple guy who trains hard, and know how that money is valuable. It really was the best choice for us.