NFL Arrests and lawsuits - 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/29/cowboys-nolan-carroll-arrested-for-dwi/

Cowboys’ Nolan Carroll arrested for DWI
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 29, 2017

493371746-e1458051233161.jpg
Getty Images

Cowboys cornerback Nolan Carroll was arrested for driving while intoxicated early this morning.

WFAA in Dallas reports that Carroll was arrested by Dallas Police and released at 2:45 p.m. after posting bond.

The Cowboys signed Carroll to a three-year, $10 million contract in March. He played the last three years for the Eagles and four years before that for the Dolphins.

The 30-year-old Carroll started all 16 games last season in Philadelphia and has been penciled in as a starter in Dallas as well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ck-michael-bennett-gets-five-years-in-prison/

Former NFL running back Michael Bennett gets five years in prison
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 26, 2017

1683481.jpg
Getty Images

Former NFL running back Michael Bennett will spend the next five years in prison, after pleading no contest to felony charges of burglary and identity theft.

According to Filipa Ioannou of the San Francisco Chronicle, the 38-year-old Bennett took out $225,000 in loans in the name of his girlfriend’s parents. He broke into their home to steal paperwork he used to steal their identities and apply for the loans.

At the time of the incident, he was on probation in Florida for a wire fraud incident.

“The defendant used a position of trust within this victim’s family to exploit and take advantage of them,” district attorney Jill Ravitch said in a statement.

Bennett, the 27th overall pick in the 2001 NFL Draft by the Vikings, was a former Pro Bowler. He also played for the Saints, Chiefs, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Raiders. He made the Pro Bowl after the 2002 season, when he ran for 1,296 yards. But injuries derailed his career after that, and he never rushed for more than 500 yards in any other season.

now that's a man that didn't invest his nfl money wisely.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...robation-in-one-case-may-get-jail-in-another/

Colts’ David Parry gets probation in one case, may get jail in another
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 31, 2017

ap_17143596016494-e1496274953599.jpg
AP

Colts defensive lineman David Parry was sentenced to two years of probation in Arizona today after pleading guilty last month to attempting to commit unlawful means of transportation and disorderly conduct.

Parry may still face jail time in connection with the events of the same night: He has a court date next month on an extreme DUI charge. In Arizona, extreme DUI convictions result in automatic jail time; Vikings receiver Michael Floyd spent 24 days in jail this offseason for an extreme DUI conviction in Arizona.

Meanwhile, it’s surprising and troubling that so little attention has been paid to one detail in the police report: That Parry spewed homophobic and misogynistic slurs after he was arrested. The NFL, the Colts and Parry have been silent about that aspect of Parry’s arrest.

The league likes to talk a good game about its commitment to tolerance, but when one of its players shows a decided lack of tolerance, the league takes no action unless there’s a public outcry. In Parry’s case, that outcry hasn’t materialized.

In two seasons with the Colts, Parry has started all 32 games, and that’s why the Colts are sticking with him. A lesser player would be cut for the same crimes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...facing-misdemeanor-domestic-violence-charges/

Broncos safety Will Parks facing misdemeanor domestic violence charges
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on June 1, 2017

627687610-e1496370819992.jpg
Getty Images

Denver Broncos safety Will Parks is facing misdemeanor charges stemming from a March 31 arrest in Brighton, Colo.

According to Mike Klis of 9NEWS, Parks has been charged with harassment and non-violent domestic violence after an incident involving a former girlfriend.

He was released on bond and is scheduled in court on June 30.

“We became aware of the issue involving Will Parks immediately after it occurred in April,” the Broncos said in a statement given to 9NEWS. “It was promptly reported to the league office and we are continuing to monitor the matter.’’

After the relationship between the victim and Parks ended, his former girlfriend claims Parks threatened her after she retrieved items from his home. Parks claims otherwise and said he was only upset because he thought she had stolen some of his items in the process.

Parks appeared in 16 games for the Broncos last season and recorded 22 tackles with an interception.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:dizzy::headexplosion::wtf::bueller: I'm confused and don't understand the difference!?!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Seems like Will Parks didn't handle this too well. It would have been an open/shut case of "he said" vs. "she said." But now there's a police officer who heard his rantings. Plead guilty to the misdemeanor and take your lumps, Will.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQD3At3E7TA

***************************************************************************************
http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/den...sdemeanor-domestic-violence-charges/444955138

According to an arrest affidavit filed with the Adams County courthouse, a Brighton police officer was dispatched March 24 to the home of the victim, who said she had been seeing Parks for about a year but that the relationship had recently broken off.

The victim told the officer she had gone to Parks’ home in Englewood to pick up her belongings. As she did, she said she used two of Parks’ suitcases and two trash bags and added that she was assisted by Parks’ brother, Tyree, and one of Parks’ teammates in loading her car.

She then told the officer Parks later accused her of taking his social security card, birth certificate, football rings and football jerseys. She said Parks started placing threatening phone calls to her, at one point saying he was going to come to her house “with his people’’ to get his things.

The victim also said Parks was going to call his lawyers, the cops and his family to “handle it.” The affidavit also stated, according to the victim, Parks said he was going to have his cousin on the next flight from Philadelphia to “beat her ass.’’

Although the victim repeatedly asked Parks to stop contacting her, she said she frequently received calls and texts from Parks’ brother, Tyree. While the officer was at the victim’s house, Tyree called the victim. The officer had the victim put her phone on speaker. The officer in his report wrote Tyree said, “He was just bluffing, he was trying to scare you.’’

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I didn't take it that you where Trivialising it, I was just trying to comment that I was just as confused as you where!(y);):D

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18706337/michael-floyd-begins-24-day-arizona-jail-term

WR Michael Floyd starts 24-day jail term in Arizona for DUI
Josh Weinfuss/ESPN Staff Writer

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Former New England Patriots and Arizona Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd began a 24-day jail sentence Thursday after pleading guilty to one charge of second-offense extreme DUI (.15-.19), according to the Scottsdale, Arizona, prosecutor.

Floyd's sentence included 120 days in jail -- of which he has to serve 24 in jail and 96 as home detention -- $5,115.99 worth of fines and fees, admittance to a court-directed alcohol-education program and 30 hours of community service.

Floyd was arrested in the early-morning hours of Dec. 12 after Scottsdale police found him asleep behind the wheel of his running SUV. His blood-alcohol level was .217. Floyd was hit with seven charges, but six, including extreme DUI equal or greater than a blood alcohol level of .20, were dismissed.

The court-directed alcohol program will require Floyd to serve a certain number of educational hours, which will be determined after a screening.

Floyd was waived by the Cardinals on Dec. 14 and was claimed by the Patriots a day later.

He played three games for the Patriots and was a healthy scratch for the team during both the AFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl.

The unrestricted free agent has expressed a desire to return to New England. It is unclear how the house arrest would factor into his offseason participation with wherever he lands.

"We have been monitoring developments but have no further comment at this time," an NFL spokesman told ESPN.

I hate this crap. The ONLY reason six of the seven charges were dismissed were that he engaged in hiring the legal acolytes to the Temple of Law... err... hired well-connected attorneys.

Anyone on this board had this exact scenario and we'd be UNDER the jail.

And, yes, I say this with Leonard Little in mind.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/05/rex-rob-ryan-in-a-minor-nashville-scuffle/

Rex, Rob Ryan in a minor Nashville scuffle
Posted by Mike Florio on June 5, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/CooperStef/status/871511768811675648

Among the many Nashville Predators bandwagon fans are former NFL coaches Rex and Rob Ryan, who were smashing the Penguins car on Saturday night while wearing very large yellow hockey jerseys.

They also did a little smashing the next day.

A Twitter account in the name of Cooper Stefaniak posted a pair of videos that show the Ryan twins in a scuffle at a Nashville establishment, apparently on Sunday. The first begins with Rex engaged in some sort of physical altercation with another man (who seems to be roughly the size of Jesse Pinkman, which justifies the photo selection), and Rob intervenes with a left hand to the throat of the non-Ryan combatant. Rob’s hand is pushed away, and the guy returns to pester Rex.

The second video begins with Rex breaking away from the guy, who exits the scene, which appears to end the altercation.

Several websites have posted the videos by saying that it “appears” to be the Ryans. Appears? Surely there aren’t two of that duo.

Currently, Rex is employed by ESPN. The contents of the video don’t seem to be nearly enough to jeopardize that, especially since only Rob is shown laying hands on the unidentified man who may or may not have been the aggressor.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ested-for-operating-a-vehicle-while-impaired/

Giants WR Roger Lewis arrested for operating a vehicle while impaired
Posted by Josh Alper on June 5, 2017

630772886-e1496677171439.jpg
Getty Images

Giants wide receiver Roger Lewis was arrested after a traffic stop in Ohio over the weekend.

TMZ was the first to report the news of Lewis’ arrest in Reynoldsburg on June 4. Per their report, Lewis was pulled over due to excessive speed and overly tinted windows and came under further scrutiny when the police officers on hand smelled marijuana and observed signs that Lewis was intoxicated. He was charged with operating a vehicle while impaired.

Lewis was released from jail on his own recognizance. Neither he nor the team has commented on the arrest at this point. Lewis will face possible discipline from the league as a result of the arrest.

Lewis is in his second season with the Giants after making the squad as an undrafted rookie last year. He caught seven passes for 97 yards and two touchdowns in 13 regular season appearances

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
11817-nfl-stanley-wilson-mugshot-gi-av.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Credit: Multnomah County Sheriffs Office

He tested positive for methamphetamine in November, one of several violations of the conditions of his release, the documents state. The 34-year-old is the son of former Cincinnati Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, who also battled drug problems.
A really sad story there which hits home personally with me. I did meth for a year while working full-time and taking a full load of classes at San Jose State during my early 20's. My ex-wife and her parents took me in and weaned me off that crap. It was a really tough time. Hope this young man gets the help he needs.

Meth has has affected, obviously in a negative way, 2 of our adult children...I tried to blame myself for a poor job of parenting until one of them told me that it had nothing to do with me as their Dad...Sometimes people have to take responsibility for their actions and she at least did that and has really turned her life around ..She has paid a heavy price with regard to her own children that she will deal with for the rest of her life...The other daughter and I have been estranged for a long time so I don't know she has she has done with it...She also paid a price losing her license as a R.N...She has a good job as a quality control nurse (not an R.N. position obviously), which I find odd...She may or may not get her license back at some point...It's just not worth the grief...I should add that their actions have also unfairly inflicted a heavy toll on their mother and me...It can affect a large number of people other than just themselves...

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/05/rex-rob-ryan-in-a-minor-nashville-scuffle/

Rex, Rob Ryan in a minor Nashville scuffle
Posted by Mike Florio on June 5, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/CooperStef/status/871511768811675648

Among the many Nashville Predators bandwagon fans are former NFL coaches Rex and Rob Ryan, who were smashing the Penguins car on Saturday night while wearing very large yellow hockey jerseys.

They also did a little smashing the next day.

A Twitter account in the name of Cooper Stefaniak posted a pair of videos that show the Ryan twins in a scuffle at a Nashville establishment, apparently on Sunday. The first begins with Rex engaged in some sort of physical altercation with another man (who seems to be roughly the size of Jesse Pinkman, which justifies the photo selection), and Rob intervenes with a left hand to the throat of the non-Ryan combatant. Rob’s hand is pushed away, and the guy returns to pester Rex.

The second video begins with Rex breaking away from the guy, who exits the scene, which appears to end the altercation.

Several websites have posted the videos by saying that it “appears” to be the Ryans. Appears? Surely there aren’t two of that duo

Currently, Rex is employed by ESPN. The contents of the video don’t seem to be nearly enough to jeopardize that, especially since only Rob is shown laying hands on the unidentified man who may or may not have been the aggressor.

I see Rob still scores ZERO style points with his choice of doo...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Meth has has affected, obviously in a negative way, 2 of our adult children...I tried to blame myself for a poor job of parenting until one of them told me that it had nothing to do with me as their Dad...Sometimes people have to take responsibility for their actions and she at least did that and has really turned her life around ..She has paid a heavy price with regard to her own children that she will deal with for the rest of her life...The other daughter and I have been estranged for a long time so I don't know she has she has done with it...She also paid a price losing her license as a R.N...She has a good job as a quality control nurse (not an R.N. position obviously), which I find odd...She may or may not get her license back at some point...It's just not worth the grief...I should add that their actions have also unfairly inflicted a heavy toll on their mother and me...It can affect a large number of people other than just themselves...

Truly sorry to hear that. As I'm sure you know, when it comes to our children, not everything is our fault and not everything is to our credit. Each person is an individual who has free will and makes their own choices in life. All we can do is try to set a good example while they are growing up.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

I feel your pain, brother. You just summed up my life for me but only one daughter taking the bad road and is also estranged. The other...Masters Degree, second child on the way and a very successful teacher. So yes, it took me a long while to realize it wasn't my parenting.

Thank you for sharing.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/06/assault-accusation-made-against-rex-and-rob-ryan/

Assault accusation made against Rex and Rob Ryan
Posted by Mike Florio on June 6, 2017

630205576-e1496796377857.jpg
Getty Images

The video of fraternal-twin former NFL coaches Rex and Rob Ryan involved in a Nashville kerfuffle on Sunday apparently has resulted in a former accusation of assault.

Via TMZ, Matthew Havel of Colorado has filed a simple assault report against the Ryan brothers after an incident at the Margaritaville bar on Saturday.

The accusation presumably arises from the video posted on Twitter over the weekend, unless of course the Ryans were involved in two different altercations in Nashville. Which wouldn’t really surprise anyone.

The filing of a report doesn’t mean either Ryan brother will be arrested or charged. It nevertheless shows that there an alleged victim who is motivated to see them brought to justice.

Rex and Rob coached together last year in Buffalo. Rob is currently out of football; Rex has been hired to work for ESPN.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ges-rex-ryan-grabbed-at-alleged-victims-neck/

Complaint alleges Rex Ryan “grabbed at” alleged victim’s neck
Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2017

461529290-e1496889715635.jpg
Getty Images

Some more details have emerged regarding the criminal assault complaint filed against former NFL coaches Rex and Rob Ryan.

Via the Buffalo News, the alleged victim, 30-year-old Matthew Havel, makes specific accusations against Rex Ryan.

“He alleges that he saw the Ryans in Margaritaville on Broadway, went up to their table, and that after being there for more than an hour, Rex Ryan reached across and grabbed at his neck,” Metro Nashville Police Department public affairs manager Don Aaron said via email. “Havel alleges it was unprovoked.”

The video of the incident shows Rob, not Rex, grabbed an unidentified man by the throat. But Rob Ryan is listed only as a witness in the police report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-reaves-arrested-for-incident-with-two-women/

Running back Darrin Reaves arrested for incident with two women
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 8, 2017

592621538-e1496916481110.jpg
Getty Images

Former Chiefs and Panthers running back Darrin Reaves was arrested over the weekend, following a domestic incident involving two women.

According to WRMJ, Reaves faces two Class 4 felony counts of unlawful restraint and a Class A misdemeanor of criminal trespass to a residence.

He was arrested by Aledo (Ill.) Police Sunday. The state prosecutor said Reaves had a prior relationship with one of the women, and that both had filed orders of protection against him. He’s currently free on $10,000 bond.

Reeves, who played at Alabama-Birmingham, played for the Panthers in 2014, and spent the last two seasons with the Chiefs’ practice squad. He was waived-injured in May following sports hernia surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lessing-he-wasnt-arrested-for-gun-at-airport/

Steelers corner: A “blessing” he wasn’t arrested for gun at airport
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 8, 2017

Steelers cornerback Senquez Golson carries a gun with him for protection when he’s back home in Mississippi, but he dodged a figurative bullet by flying through Alabama on his way back to Pittsburgh.

The oft-injured cornerback was not arrested when TSA agents found a gun and 23 rounds of ammunition in his luggage at the security checkpoint at the Mobile airport in April.

“They were telling me good thing I was in the state of Alabama. That was a blessing,” Golson said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com.

“I just went through the airport rushing, threw everything on the belt, and it just rolled through,” he added. “They kind of looked at me, and I said, ‘I know I don’t have any liquids in there.’ They were kind of looking at me, we were both looking with confused faces. Good thing I was with some good people. The officers there, they were good people.”

While other players have been arrested this offseason for similar forgetfulness (though charges against wide receiver Louis Murphy were dropped), the law in Alabama allows people to carry guns in an airport (though he could have been fined since it wasn’t checked in a hard-sided case).

But airport police chief Brian Fillingim said Golson was friendly and immediately contrite, recognizing he had simply forgotten to take the gun out of his bag when he packed. Golson said he didn’t intend to take it with him to Pittsburgh, but intends to collect it when he returns to Mobile en route to his home in Pascagoula, Mississippi, where he has two young sons.

“Personal protection — it gets kind of weird down there sometimes,” Golson said.

(Hopefully he’s a little more aware of the location of his firearm as the boys grow up.)

With that matter behind him, the 2015 second-rounder can concentrate on getting on the field. That’s something he hasn’t done in his two years with the Steelers, following a torn labrum and a Lisfranc injury which each required surgery.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ichael-irvin-give-findings-to-state-attorney/

Police close investigation into Michael Irvin, give findings to State Attorney
Posted by Charean Williams on June 8, 2017

michael-irvin.jpg

Getty Images

The sexual assault investigation into Michael Irvin is closed, with the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Police Department turning over its findings to the State Attorney’s office.

A Fort Lauderdale PD spokesman told Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News that Broward County (Fla.) State Attorney Michael J. Satz now will review the findings and decide whether enough evidence exists to charge the Hall of Fame receiver.

Irvin, 51, has proclaimed his innocence since being accused of drugging and raping a 27-year-old woman at a Florida hotel in March. Irvin considered the woman a long-time friend.

Irvin recently told TMZ that authorities informed his legal team that the rape kit in his sexual assault investigation came back negative.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/08/jonathan-williams-found-not-guilty-of-dui/

Jonathan WIlliams found not guilty of DUI
Posted by Charean Williams on June 8, 2017

624670090-e1496122428541.jpg
Getty Images

Bills running back Jonathan Williams fought his drunk driving arrest and won. Williams was found not guilty Thursday.

His attorney, Shane Wilkinson, told TMZ that prosecutors in Fayetteville, Ark., didn’t have “enough evidence to provehe was intoxicated.”

Williams, a fifth-round pick in 2016, was arrested July 14 on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after refusing to take a breathalyzer. Police said he displayed signs “consistent with intoxication” during a field sobriety test.

Williams played in 11 games last season, getting 27 carries for 94 yards and a touchdown.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...demarcus-wares-super-bowl-ring-get-jail-time/

Men who stole DeMarcus Ware’s Super Bowl ring get jail time
Posted by Charean Williams on June 9, 2017

508395052-e1477855383473.jpg
Getty Images

DeMarcus Ware got his Super Bowl ring returned, and the two men who took it are headed to jail.

Billy McCaslin, 41, and Sergio Irreza, 32, both pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary in a plea agreement. According to The Denver Post, McCaslin received 60 days in jail plus two years’ probation, while Irreza was sentenced to 30 days in jail plus two years’ probation.

The two men broke into Ware’s house during the Broncos’ Oct. 24 game against the Texans and stole $40,000 in valuables. Police arrested McCaslin and Irreza two days later after releasing video from Ware’s security system.

Most of the property was recovered, including the Super Bowl L ring.

Ware retired in March after a 12-year NFL career. He made 138.5 sacks in his career.