NFL Arrests and lawsuits - 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Within the last year the Rams' have had 4 arrests, Hill, Westbrooks, Mason, McDonald. The numbers you posted are "all time" numbers, the website began keeping track in 2000. Britt's last arrest was 5 years ago.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Within the last year the Rams' have had 4 arrests, Hill, Westbrooks, Mason, McDonald. The numbers you posted are "all time" numbers, the website began keeping track in 2000. Britt's last arrest was 5 years ago.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. My comprehension skills must be slipping because "The Rams had the highest arrests in the last year at 4" caused me to think Rams players were arrested more than any other team's players.

Looking at the site you linked, thanks btw, it seems the Rams are at the bottom end of the scale, while the Vikings are at the top.

RAMBUSH

Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...son-ii-arrested-while-naked-for-a-third-time/

Stanley Wilson II arrested while naked for a third time
Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2017

75385561-e1487528452538.jpg
Getty Images

A sad situation keeps getting sadder.

Former Lions defensive back Stanley Wilson II had been arrested while naked for the third time in less than a year, and the second time in little more than a month.

Via the Associated Press, police in Woodburn, Oregon arrested Wilson after he attempted to force his way into a home, and then disrobed. When police arrived, Wilson emerged naked from a shed. Wilson was taken to the Marion County Jail.

Last June, a homeowner shot Wilson during a similar incident. In January, he was arrested after being found outside a Portland residence without clothing.

It’s unclear what’s happening between these various arrests, but it’s obvious that Wilson needs help. However and wherever he gets it, he needs it now. If he’s unwilling to do it and if his family is unable to persuade him to, the authorities need to find a way to neutralize the threat Wilson apparently poses to others, and to himself.
Pcp I assume

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Pcp I assume

11817-nfl-stanley-wilson-mugshot-gi-av.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Credit: Multnomah County Sheriffs Office

He tested positive for methamphetamine in November, one of several violations of the conditions of his release, the documents state. The 34-year-old is the son of former Cincinnati Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, who also battled drug problems.
A really sad story there which hits home personally with me. I did meth for a year while working full-time and taking a full load of classes at San Jose State during my early 20's. My ex-wife and her parents took me in and weaned me off that crap. It was a really tough time. Hope this young man gets the help he needs.

RAMBUSH

Starter
11817-nfl-stanley-wilson-mugshot-gi-av.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Credit: Multnomah County Sheriffs Office

He tested positive for methamphetamine in November, one of several violations of the conditions of his release, the documents state. The 34-year-old is the son of former Cincinnati Bengals running back Stanley Wilson, who also battled drug problems.
A really sad story there which hits home personally with me. I did meth for a year while working full-time and taking a full load of classes at San Jose State during my early 20's. My ex-wife and her parents took me in and weaned me off that crap. It was a really tough time. Hope this young man gets the help he needs.
Hey man , me too... I owned a bar .. good times but long hard hours ... I was on a 10 - 12 year party... just recently stopped the meth , had to hit it with a stick when it gets its grip.. but I fast free for a month... lol.. doesn't seem like very long but I'm sure your aware it not easy ... I'm stubborn , and I got grandkids that I would cut my legs off for ! !

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hey man , me too... I owned a bar .. good times but long hard hours ... I was on a 10 - 12 year party... just recently stopped the meth , had to hit it with a stick when it gets its grip.. but I fast free for a month... lol.. doesn't seem like very long but I'm sure your aware it not easy ... I'm stubborn , and I got grandkids that I would cut my legs off for ! !

Hope you stay clean from it Rams brother. I remember staying up for days and then doing a "crash and burn" where I slept for 24 hours in a row to detoxify. Then the cycle would start all over again. It's a bitch!

RAMBUSH

Starter
Hope you stay clean from it Rams brother. I remember staying up for days and then doing a "crash and burn" where I slept for 24 hours in a row to detoxify. Then the cycle would start all over again. It's a bitch!
Yea man , days ..... wow... drank half gallon of rum or vodka or gin a day

RAMBUSH

Starter
Yea man , days ..... wow... drank half gallon of rum or vodka or gin a day
Smoke 3 packs of camel widespread a day... now I don't really drink , I small glass of whisky now and then ... quit smoking 7 years ago... still like my weeds , oh well ...

Psycho_X

Legend
The firearm safety course is a no brainer but I have no idea why this "and he must also provide a list of firearms he owns to NFL security." is any of the NFLs damn business. That's bullshit if you ask me.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/r...ishment-2016-shooting-incident-175053938.html

Reports: Aqib Talib won't face NFL punishment for 2016 shooting incident
Shalise Manza Young,Shutdown
Aqib Talib won’t be punished by the NFL for shooting himself last June. (Getty Images)
Good news forAqib Taliband the Denver Broncos:USA Today’s Tom Pelisseroand others reported on Tuesday that the NFL will not punish the cornerback for a shooting incident last year.

In the incident in Dallas last June, Talib was shot once in the right leg. Initially, the 31-year-old said he was shot by an unknown individual, but in a meeting with investigators a few months later, Talib’s attorney provided a letter in which Talib admitted to shooting himself.

He was not charged.

Via Pelissero, while the NFL decided after its investigation that Talib’s behavior was an instance of conduct detrimental to the league, the decision was made toissue only a disciplinary warningto the player.

The NFL will require Talib to complete an approved firearm safety course, and he must also provide a list of firearms he owns to NFL security.

Albert Breer of The MMQB noted that the factTalib was in lawful possessionof the gun played a role in the NFL’s decision not to suspend the four-time Pro Bowler.

Talib has frequently found himself in the headlines for on- and off-field incidents during his nine-year career. Previous to the shooting last year, he was suspended one game in 2015 for poking then Indianapolis Colt Dwayne Allen in the eye, and in 2012 he was suspended four games for violation of the policy on performance-enhancing substances (Talib said he took Adderall). In 2010, he was suspended for one game and fined an additional game check for his alleged assault of a cab driver. In 2011, Talib was accused of firing shots at and trying to pistol-whip his sister’s boyfriend; though he faced a felony assault with a deadly weapon charge, the charges were ultimately dropped.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...voids-jail-time-on-gun-charge-with-plea-deal/

Josh Huff avoids jail time on gun charge with plea deal
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 19, 2017

630219360-e1492597420718.jpg
Getty Images

Bucs wide receiver Josh Huff was sort-of-apologetic last year when he was arrested with an illegally registered gun, and now he doesn’t even have to go to jail for it.

According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, Huff has entered a pretrial diversion program that will allow him to take care of the unlawful possession charge with six months of probation.

Huff was a member of the Eagles when he was arrested last fall, but probably what made him a former Eagle were his comments after the arrest, when he defiantly said “What professional athlete don’t have a gun?” (The answer is many.)

Huff still faces a DUI citation for suspicion of being under the influence of marijuana, but that case hasn’t been heard yet.

He played a bit part for the Bucs after they picked him up last fall, catching three passes and returning six kickoffs. And he still faces potential discipline from the league under the conduct policy or the substance abuse policy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nd-partially-clothed-asked-cops-to-shoot-him/

Cyrus Kouandjio found partially clothed, asked cops to shoot him
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 20, 2017

492012515-e1492708948237.jpg
Getty Images

Bills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio wasn’t at practice Thursday. And that’s the least interesting thing about his day.

According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, Kouandjio was involved in a bizarre incident in which police found him partially clothed and asking police to shoot him.

According to the report, an Erie County Sheriff’s deputy found Kouandjio lying in a field after climbing over an electric fence. It was near the scene of an accident. A police source told the News that Kouandjio yelled, “Shoot me!” as police approached.

It sounds a little like Cardinals pass-rusher Chandler Jones turning up at a Massachusetts police station shirtless last spring, displaying erractic behavior.

“We are aware of the matter involving Cyrus and are carefully monitoring his condition and gathering more information,” the Bills said in a statement. “We don’t have all of the details, so we won’t have any further comment at this time.”

Kouandjio was not arrested, but he was taken to a nearby hospital for observation.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sentenced-to-25-years-for-killing-will-smith/

Cardell Hayes sentenced to 25 years for killing Will Smith
Posted by Josh Alper on April 20, 2017

150562610-e1492721778413.jpg
Getty Images

Cardell Hayes learned his sentence for killing former Saints defensive end Will Smith a little more than a year after shooting Smith following a traffic accident and altercation in New Orleans.

Hayes was convicted of manslaughter for killing Smith and Judge Camille Buras sentenced him to 25 years in prison on Thursday. Hayes was also sentenced to 15 years for attempted manslaughter for shooting Raquel Smith, Will Smith’s widow, but the two terms will run concurrently. Hayes had argued he acted in self-defense when he shot Smith.

“This case has presented a highly unique and emotional set of facts,” Buras said, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “The jury did reject the state’s theory that the defendant had acted with specific intent to kill Will Smith or Racquel Smith. The jury likewise rejected the defense’s theory that Cardell Hayes had acted in self-defense. Many things have been said regarding this case.

The court does feel compelled to say how profoundly sad and tragic this case is, that three (Smith) children have lost their father, a wife her husband, and a family their cherished loved one. The Hayes family also has experienced loss. However, we are a society that functions based on the adherence to law. Whatever happened that night, this court finds it does not warrant what happened to Mr. and Mrs. Smith.”

A spokesman for district attorney Leon Canizzaro’s office said the D.A. and the Smith family are disappointed in the length of the sentence.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The firearm safety course is a no brainer but I have no idea why this "and he must also provide a list of firearms he owns to NFL security." is any of the NFLs damn business. That's bullcrap if you ask me.

It'll help identify the wound next time the fucking moron shoots himself and lies about it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fucking dumbarse. 25 years because someone bumped your car and you had to show the other guy how tough you were with a gun in your hand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...sentenced-to-25-years-for-killing-will-smith/

Posted by Josh Alper on April 20, 2017

150562610-e1492721778413.jpg
Getty Images

Cardell Hayes learned his sentence for killing former Saints defensive end Will Smith a little more than a year after shooting Smith following a traffic accident and altercation in New Orleans.

Hayes was convicted of manslaughter for killing Smith and Judge Camille Buras sentenced him to 25 years in prison on Thursday. Hayes was also sentenced to 15 years for attempted manslaughter for shooting Raquel Smith, Will Smith’s widow, but the two terms will run concurrently. Hayes had argued he acted in self-defense when he shot Smith.

“This case has presented a highly unique and emotional set of facts,” Buras said, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “The jury did reject the state’s theory that the defendant had acted with specific intent to kill Will Smith or Racquel Smith. The jury likewise rejected the defense’s theory that Cardell Hayes had acted in self-defense. Many things have been said regarding this case.

The court does feel compelled to say how profoundly sad and tragic this case is, that three (Smith) children have lost their father, a wife her husband, and a family their cherished loved one. The Hayes family also has experienced loss. However, we are a society that functions based on the adherence to law. Whatever happened that night, this court finds it does not warrant what happened to Mr. and Mrs. Smith.”

A spokesman for district attorney Leon Canizzaro’s office said the D.A. and the Smith family are disappointed in the length of the sentence.

Will Smith died?!?!?!??!?!?!!?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Amazing how things can escalate when one of the two parties in a dispute has a gun.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I really don't get why everyone seems to own a gun and how the mental stability of the owner doesn't seem to be questioned...