NFL Arrests and lawsuits - 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I think this offseason is just getting started.... this list should get much longer come september

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/23/former-jet-charged-with-punching-teenager/

Former Jet charged with punching teenager
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2017

83025692-e1487900625934.jpg
Getty Images

Scott Mersereau, a former Jets defensive lineman, faces charges of punching a 15-year-old boy. Mersereau reportedly believed the boy had egged Mersereau’s home.

Via the Palm Beach Post, Mersereau walked to the boy’s home to accuse him of throwing eggs. The boy denied doing it, the argument escalated, and the boy allegedly cursed at Mersereau, who pushed the boy in the chest. When the boy told Mersereau to leave, Mersereau allegedly punched the boy in the back of the head with a closed fist.

Several people reportedly witnessed the attack, including the boy’s mother.

A police officer claimed that Mersereau was both belligerent and intoxicated. He faces a charge of child cruelty.

Mersereau, 51, was released on $3,000 bond over the weekend. He spent seven seasons with the Jets, 1987 through 1993. Mersereau was the teammate with whom Dennis Byrd collided in 1992 in an incident that left Byrd paralyzed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ainst-pouncey-twins-set-for-trial-on-march-6/

Civil lawsuit against Pouncey twins set for trial on March 6
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2017

NFL offensive lineman Maurkice and Mike Pouncey soon will be standing trial in a civil case arising from a 2014 brawl at their birthday party.

Per multiple reports, the trial against the twins starts on March 6 in Miami-Dade County. The case brought by Ricquan James and Niya Pickett claims that the Pounceys and their security team beat the plaintiffs and subjected them to homophobic slurs.

Among other things, the lawsuit specifically contends that Steelers center Maurice Pouncey (pictured) punched James in the face and said that James “was ruining his party by acting gay.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Scott Mersereau, a former Jets defensive lineman, faces charges of punching a 15-year-old boy. Mersereau reportedly believed the boy had egged Mersereau’s home.

the lawsuit specifically contends that Steelers center Maurice Pouncey (pictured) punched James in the face and said that James “was ruining his party by acting gay.”
that's funny...and very hard to believe.

I know they're bad...but these reports are so much better than shootings...and dui's....trust me....getting punched adds character. LOLOLOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/26/ravens-matt-elam-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Ravens’ Matt Elam arrested on drug charges
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 26, 2017

Ravens safety Matt Elam has been arrested on drug charges in Miami.

According to Miami-Dade police records, Elam was booked at 3:45 a.m. today on charges of possession of more than 20 grams of cannabis, possession of cannabis with the intent to sell or deliver, and possession of a controlled substance.

Police say they initially pulled Elam over for reckless driving and found 126 grams of marijuana and three grams of oxycodone in his vehicle.

The 25-year-old Elam was the Ravens’ first-round draft pick in 2013. The Ravens did not pick up Elam’s fifth-year option, so he becomes a free agent next month.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...free-jail-american-football-nfl-pension-early

OJ Simpson set to walk free 24 years early to enjoy pension millions
DISGRACED former American football star OJ Simpson is set to walk free from prison exactly nine years into his 33-year sentence.
By MIKE PARKER

oj-simpson-walk-free-jail-parole-772143.jpg

A parole board hearing scheduled for the week beginning July 3 – six days before his 70th birthday – is expected to recommend his release, based on good behaviour.

Experts believe the board will vote to release the fallen sports star at the earliest possible date of October 3.

It would be nine years to the day after he was sentenced to 33 years for a string of charges, including armed robbery and kidnapping.

In 1995, Simpson was sensationally cleared of the brutal stabbing murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman in the so-called “Trial of the Century”.

Yesterday, an ex-business partner who visits him regularly at medium-security Lovelock Correctional Centre in Nevada declared: “He’s convinced he’ll be coming out this fall and is counting down the days to his hearing like a kid waiting for Christmas.”

Former American Football hero and NFL Hall of Fame star Simpson – prisoner number 1027820 – has suffered a string of medical setbacks at the remote desert jail, including diabetes and a severe bone infection.

But Simpson, who enjoyed a successful Hollywood acting career in the Naked Gun comedy films after hanging up his boots, is virtually certain to spark fresh outrage when he leaves Lovelock.

US magazine Sports Illustrated claims he has amassed a new fortune while sitting in his shared 125sq ft cell thanks to his huge NFL pension, which reportedly pays him almost £20,000 every month.

That adds up to £240,000 a year and will amount to a £2.16million fortune by the time of his anticipated release.

Under America’s Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the pension cannot be touched by creditors, despite Simpson owing almost £27 million.

That was the then-record damages award set in February 1997 by a civil jury that found him liable for the wrongful deaths of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman.

But the Goldman and Brown families say they have seen a “mere fraction” of their award from the civil case.

A source close to the Goldmans said yesterday: “They have vowed to pursue him to the ends of the earth and will continue to do so after he walks out of prison.

“His nightmare might be coming to an end, but theirs never will.”

On October 3, 2008, Simpson was found guilty of kidnapping and robbing at gunpoint a sports memorabilia dealer in a Las Vegas hotel room.

The dealer had, Simpson claimed, stolen a stash of his personal NFL mementos.

To win his freedom, Simpson will need release recommendations from at least four of the seven commissioners at the hearing, which also relies on a complex points system.

Simpson is expected to represent himself.

His chances are good, according to Las Vegas criminal defence attorney Daniel Hill, who has acted on behalf of several Lovelock inmates.

“He’s the kind of person who gets paroled,” he said.

“He has done a significant amount of time and, by all accounts, hasn’t caused any problems.”

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s unclear what’s happening between these various arrests, but it’s obvious that Wilson needs help
Not sure if its obvious that he needs help, but it is definitely obvious that the man needs some clothes

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Odds are if he does get released, and its not for sure he will, he won't live to see his next birthday.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/23/former-jet-charged-with-punching-teenager/

Former Jet charged with punching teenager
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2017

83025692-e1487900625934.jpg
Getty Images

Via the Palm Beach Post, Mersereau walked to the boy’s home to accuse him of throwing eggs. The boy denied doing it, the argument escalated, and the boy allegedly cursed at Mersereau, who pushed the boy in the chest. When the boy told Mersereau to leave, Mersereau allegedly punched the boy in the back of the head with a closed fist.

Several people reportedly witnessed the attack, including the boy’s mother.

A police officer claimed that Mersereau was both belligerent and intoxicated. He faces a charge of child cruelty.

Mersereau, 51, was released on $3,000 bond over the weekend. He spent seven seasons with the Jets, 1987 through 1993. Mersereau was the teammate with whom Dennis Byrd collided in 1992 in an incident that left Byrd paralyzed.

This is a tough case. I have been in his shoes with a neighbor kid a few years ago. These cocky kids that know they are protected by there age, and whose parents don't seem to discipline, are infuriating. If I had done something like that to a neighbor my father would have been certain to make me never want to do it again. I would have had to clean it up too.

My neighbor was continually picking on my step son on the bus, despite my talking to his dad about it. I wanted to pound that kid myself. He was 4 years older and much bigger than my frail step son. I nearly did one day at the bus stop. I told him he has to stop and he threw a rock at my face, that just missed my eye. I flipped out and raised my fist and went after him. That was all it took. It scared the crap out of him. I never hit him, but him thinking I would put an end to the bullying. Doing it the right way didn't accomplish anything. Doing it the wrong way did.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This is a tough case. I have been in his shoes with a neighbor kid a few years ago. These cocky kids that know they are protected by there age, and whose parents don't seem to discipline, are infuriating. If I had done something like that to a neighbor my father would have been certain to make me never want to do it again. I would have had to clean it up too.

My neighbor was continually picking on my step son on the bus, despite my talking to his dad about it. I wanted to pound that kid myself. He was 4 years older and much bigger than my frail step son. I nearly did one day at the bus stop. I told him he has to stop and he threw a rock at my face, that just missed my eye. I flipped out and raised my fist and went after him. That was all it took. It scared the crap out of him. I never hit him, but him thinking I would put an end to the bullying. Doing it the right way didn't accomplish anything. Doing it the wrong way did.
I hate the disrespect that teens have for adults these days, I just don't get it. The "you can't touch me because I'm a juvenile" is bollocks. These kids need a smack round the head now and then! I think its because you have people having children when they're too young, they're kids themselves.

On a funny note - one of my friends was fed up of his kid (about 10) being picked on at school daily, she was being mentally bullied by another kid in her class, one day when he went to pick up his daughter he noticed this other kid coming out at the same time whispering something to his daughter, who was looking sad, as they came close he lent down to the children and in his quietest deepest serial killer voice, he whispered to the boy, he said "You'd better not pick on anyone again, I know where you live little boy, I'll take your mummy away." The kid never picked on anyone again...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...son-ii-arrested-while-naked-for-a-third-time/

Stanley Wilson II arrested while naked for a third time
Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2017

75385561-e1487528452538.jpg
Getty Images

A sad situation keeps getting sadder.

Former Lions defensive back Stanley Wilson II had been arrested while naked for the third time in less than a year, and the second time in little more than a month.

Via the Associated Press, police in Woodburn, Oregon arrested Wilson after he attempted to force his way into a home, and then disrobed. When police arrived, Wilson emerged naked from a shed. Wilson was taken to the Marion County Jail.

Last June, a homeowner shot Wilson during a similar incident. In January, he was arrested after being found outside a Portland residence without clothing.

It’s unclear what’s happening between these various arrests, but it’s obvious that Wilson needs help. However and wherever he gets it, he needs it now. If he’s unwilling to do it and if his family is unable to persuade him to, the authorities need to find a way to neutralize the threat Wilson apparently poses to others, and to himself.

This is sad, hopefully its just an addiction thing that he can get help for, like Robert Downey Jr had - I seem to remember him doing something similar and being found in a young girls bedroom years ago, before he cleaned himself up.

The other thing it could be is a mental problem, i've read reports on it before, parts of the brain short-circuit and it gets confused - the same way people with hypothermia go and hide in cupboards.

fearsomefour

Legend

My son was off playing college baseball last year. There were some high school kids, underage, that took to egging their (he and 4 other baseball players lived in a house) cars. They weren't just egging their cars but other college people that lived nearby. I talked to the my son and his housemates a couple of times about you can't beat these idiots up. You will get arrested. Tossed off the team and maybe out of college.
Have to be grown up and take it. It sucks, but that's life sometimes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My son was off playing college baseball last year. There were some high school kids, underage, that took to egging their (he and 4 other baseball players lived in a house) cars. They weren't just egging their cars but other college people that lived nearby. I talked to the my son and his housemates a couple of times about you can't beat these idiots up. You will get arrested. Tossed off the team and maybe out of college.
Have to be grown up and take it. It sucks, but that's life sometimes.

It wouldn't be a problem if the police would enforce the laws. My crew and I discovered people riding four wheelers on our hiking trails. It is a big deal because it makes ruts that lead to drainage problems that leads to a shit ton of work to repair. I called the cops. They met me as the people were down in the woods riding. The cop told me that no charges will stick even if he is able to figure out who it is. All that will happen is he will have a couple of hours of extra paperwork. He left without doing a thing.

In another incident this kid vandalised the bird watching house we built. He was caught and went before a judge and was ordered to clean up his mess and sand off the grafitti he wrote. He didn't do any of it because none of the cops would take him to do it, nor did they want to nab him again and incarcerate him for it.