Nfl Analyst Mayock Calls Watkins 'special Player'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Heck yes.
God, I hope so.
Lee looks more electric to me on tape, plus I've seen him play a lot. I don't think there is as much separation there as people think. As far as type of player to me, Evans is the type of guy that we need, only because Quick hasn't developed yet. I am still hoping that he will. I think we have a lot of options in this draft. I am looking forward to seeing these guys side by side.
Cool Doc. I appreciate your input.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
See thats where we would disagree. Looking at the OT position Jake Long got "maybe 2 good years left" and we don't have his replacement on our roster. So clearly LOT is a major need... Now we might not have a known "#1" wr currently on our roster but we should have a okay group thats only getting better... Add in the fact we will be dubious to get another high pick again, I just think its a no brainer you gotta take the blue chip OT over the blue chip WR. Furthermore when you line up 6 games a season vs Cards, Whiners & Hags great Def's you got to protect the QB...I come from the school of thought "it all starts up front"..
P.S. this weekend a lot of good info on "our" guys will only enhance the debate lol.
I disagree. (I know, predictable.)

You wait until you don't have an LT to get one. Otherwise, you have invested way too much draft capital in a position (RT or G) for who knows how long where a lesser pick is going to do just as well. And Long get pissed off because his successor is already on the team and he feels unvalued. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for his release in that circumstance. Saffold didn't, but only because he only had one year left on his contract anyway.

If talent is roughly equal, you take the guy you don't have over the guy you have. To me, that's the no brainer.

Plus with most of the OT crowd wanting Robinson, his rawness still scares me.

jjab360

Legend
Full measurements for Watkins come in at 6006, 211 lbs, 32" arms, 9 5/8" hands. About what was expected, but I thought for sure he'd have longer arms. Pretty much average measurements all around.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I disagree. (I know, predictable.)

You wait until you don't have an LT to get one. Otherwise, you have invested way too much draft capital in a position (RT or G) for who knows how long where a lesser pick is going to do just as well. And Long get pissed off because his successor is already on the team and he feels unvalued. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for his release in that circumstance. Saffold didn't, but only because he only had one year left on his contract anyway.

If talent is roughly equal, you take the guy you don't have over the guy you have. To me, that's the no brainer.

Plus with most of the OT crowd wanting Robinson, his rawness still scares me.

I just don't foresee Jake sulking over an OT pick, it's not in his DNA. He's a true leader of men.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I just don't foresee Jake sulking over an OT pick, it's not in his DNA. He's a true leader of men.
There is a difference though between sulking and not being happy.

But it's only one of the reasons that I think we should pick elsewhere. I might be wrong though.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Full measurements for Watkins come in at 6006, 211 lbs, 32" arms, 9 5/8" hands. About what was expected, but I thought for sure he'd have longer arms. Pretty much average measurements all around.
Wow, I'm pretty surprised by those numbers. I really thought he had longer arms and bigger hands.