NFCW West Murmers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just a couple, here, from reading opposing message boards. (Forgive me for not adding links. Even if I had them, I couldn't post due to my phone won't allow.)

-Alex Boone's hold out appears to be legit. He's not gonna pull a Marshawn Lynch. Multiple teams have contacted SF to talk a trade. It's a big loss if he doesn't play. Roto says Boone is unlikely to back down and the sides aren't even close.

-Aldon Smith met with Goodell, recently. His suspension is said to be on the 6-8 game range. We will get word on that very soon. We play them in week 6 and that includes a bye week. A five game suspension or more knocks him out of our game with SF. That's huge!

(-I wanted to add Boweman will enter the season on the PUP list. That's usually the first 6 weeks. A. Smith and Boweman may not be available in our first game with the Niners. How big is that?)

That's all I got, for now.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just a couple, here, from reading opposing message boards. (Forgive me for not adding links. Even if I had them, I couldn't post due to my phone won't allow.)

-Alex Boone's hold out appears to be legit. He's not gonna pull a Marshawn Lynch. Multiple teams have contacted SF to talk a trade. It's a big loss if he doesn't play. Roto says Boone is unlikely to back down and the sides aren't even close.

-Aldon Smith met with Goodell, recently. His suspension is said to be on the 6-8 game range. We will get word on that very soon. We play them in week 6 and that includes a bye seem. A five game suspension or more knocks him out of our game with SF. That's huge!

That's all I got, for now.

You do a nice job scanning other boards. Do you join or just lurk?

EDIT; I joined extremeskins and thebrownsboard in advance of the RG3 trade to debate with the forum members on trade scenarios. It was fun.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm curious to see what happens with J Gordan. They got into some hot water with the fans and media regarding Rice. I just don't see the NFL nailing this guy to the wall.

They may be better off not suspending him at all. Claiming a mistake in the two drug samples.

As soon as the Gordan decision is made, the Rice debacle is going to be re lived in comparison.

Going to be interesting.

Alex Boone's hold out appears to be legit. He's not gonna pull a Marshawn Lynch. Multiple teams have contacted SF to talk a trade. It's a big loss if he doesn't play. Roto says Boone is unlikely to back down and the sides aren't even close.

Watch some bastards trade a 1st round pick for him, which ends up being the number 1 overall pick, just to piss us off.

Aldon Smith met with Goodell, recently. His suspension is said to be on the 6-8 game range. We will get word on that very soon. We play them in week 6 and that includes a bye week. A five game suspension or more knocks him out of our game with SF. That's huge!

Shocked he's not just destroying the evidence and letting him off with a slapped wrist.

The bye week is for us though, not for the 49ers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anybody got some thoughts on the Cards blowout of Houston? Does it mean something or nothing?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watch some bastards trade a 1st round pick for him, which ends up being the number 1 overall pick, just to pee pee us off.

Shocked he's not just destroying the evidence and letting him off with a slapped wrist.

The bye week is for us though, not for the 49ers.

Yes, you're right about the bye week. Good eye, man.

The small tid bit I saw on trade talks is the Niners are looking for a mid round pick. This truly is speculation. I just ran across that.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Anybody got some thoughts on the Cards blowout of Houston? Does it mean something or nothing?
Their O was very impressive; very organized and slick. Their O line is just ok,still. Cooper at LG look average at best--the #1 pick from last year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting. Trouble brewing in paradise?

Hello snackdaddy nice to see you pop up once in a while!

San Fransisco paradise? Lawless Clueless City where most all high crime action is performed by the EPA police, highest cost in the US to live, ever try finding a parking spot there? You will get run over by cyclist who own the road. Roaming Street Erchants are in constant begging mode. I would suggest you leave your large truck or SUV way outside the city.

But still one of the most beautiful city locations in the US & where the occupants still think its 1969.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But still one of the most beautiful city locations in the US & where the occupants still think its 1969.

Just like the Hotel California and the first church of Satan for those of you scoring at home.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If I were a 49er GM, I would trade Alex Boone ASAP to the highest bidder. Guards are expendable, even the very good ones. Considering Colin Kaeperwhatever just got a huge extension, it may not be wise to invest that much money on a guard. If he can play tackle, maybe that would grant it. But c'mon, guard man.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If I were a 49er GM, I would trade Alex Boone ASAP to the highest bidder. Guards are expendable, even the very good ones. Considering Colin Kaeperwhatever just got a huge extension, it may not be wise to invest that much money on a guard. If he can play tackle, maybe that would grant it. But c'mon, guard man.
Ardunno man with all the teams that play 3-4 and double a gap blitzes, guards can be pretty damned important

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ardunno man with all the teams that play 3-4 and double a gap blitzes, guards can be pretty damned important

I'm talking financially. Of course guards are important, but vs other positions like QB, a pass rusher, LT, even a CB is more solid investment (ideally) than in a guard.

Let's say Alex Boone gets a 5 year, $40 mil (Rodger Saffold got a 5 year $31, mil). Is that money well spent vs. extending Navarro Bowman or Joe Staley, and getting another good guard in the draft for cheap?

Or to put it another way, is it easier to find a cheaper good guard or a cheaper good LT, QB, pass rusher, etc?

Alan

Legend
LACHAMP46 with a Q:
They earned the first pick in the draft? They're going to be sucking for a few years.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
If they trade Boone I can see some teams giving up a 2nd round and another pick somewhere in the later rounds, or maybe just a first if they get lucky.. Either way it helps us this year but in the long run it'll give them more depth

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm talking financially. Of course guards are important, but vs other positions like QB, a pass rusher, LT, even a CB is more solid investment (ideally) than in a guard.

Let's say Alex Boone gets a 5 year, $40 mil (Rodger Saffold got a 5 year $31, mil). Is that money well spent vs. extending Navarro Bowman or Joe Staley, and getting another good guard in the draft for cheap?

Or to put it another way, is it easier to find a cheaper good guard or a cheaper good LT, QB, pass rusher, etc?
At this moment ,getting hold of any of them if you need them is pretty sketchy,but if yer talking market value I'd say yeah guard brings up the rear of those ,then again a piss ass poor guard can make a decent DT look like Suh:eek: