NFCCG notable PFF grades... if you care about such things

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
We were getting there with 4. Blitzing just invites the big screen or the quick hitter for a big gain - something the 9ers do well.
I said mix it in on 3rd down and long. Reeder does such a very good job blitzing.

Don't let them know when.

I would not blitz all the time on 3rd down and long.

Keep the other team guessing.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I said mix it in on 3rd down and long. Reeder does such a very good job blitzing.

Don't let them know when.

I would not blitz all the time on 3rd down and long.

Keep the other team guessing.
I get it. I guess I am just of the school that if you are getting there with 4 - keep the rest of the guys back. And we were having no difficulty getting there with 4.

TexasRam

Legend
Our NT was why we shut down that 9er run game. He probably 2 gapped half the calls too tbh. I would disregard their DL ranking due to that factor. Stopping that run was the prime defensive goal and they got it done.
No doubt. The interior guys were excellent. Robinson has been lights out all year vs the run. Him and Gaines were excellent. But we also loaded the box with 8 men so cut back lanes were nonexistent and we were able to get tackles behind the LOS at critical moments. When I say critical I mean if those stops are not made we lose that game.

Tano

Legend
I get it. I guess I am just of the school that if you are getting there with 4 - keep the rest of the guys back. And we were having no difficulty getting there with 4.
Well sorta - he was still getting the ball out and burning Reeder over the middle.

I guess I just want Reeder out of the middle and replace him with someone else lol

And if we have to have Reeder in there - blitz him and have the QB have even less time to throw

There were a few 3rd and long yesterday where Crapola had all day to throw and found open guys over the middle that Reeder had lost in coverage.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Well sorta - he was still getting the ball out and burning Reeder over the middle.

I guess I just want Reeder out of the middle and replace him with someone else lol

And if we have to have Reeder in there - blitz him and have the QB have even less time to throw

There were a few 3rd and long yesterday where Crapola had all day to throw and found open guys over the middle that Reeder had lost in coverage.

Interestingly, we don't pick until middle rounds, but that's where we could maybe land a decent LB.
But we've got some LB's who've been kicking butt, Howard & Jones, and a few on IR that I'm looking forward to getting back.
Reeder's value I guess was more for his run game support, which we don't win last night without shutting down the run, so there's that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm Snead I would be fully focused on interior OL and DBs in this draft. And of course as always take the best player you see with that first pick, whatever position it is. Someone will slide there just take him.

But we get another couple weeks before we have to talk offseason how cool is that.

I swear to God I'd better hear Morris is getting some interviews this next week too. The guy deserves to sit down with some owners.

Tano

Legend
Interestingly, we don't pick until middle rounds, but that's where we could maybe land a decent LB.
But we've got some LB's who've been kicking butt, Howard & Jones, and a few on IR that I'm looking forward to getting back.
Reeder's value I guess was more for his run game support, which we don't win last night without shutting down the run, so there's that.
Yeah we definitely need some depth help.

I like almost all of our starters (and back-ups being groomed to be starters next year - Rochelle, the two Browns, etc) that are coming back and this is the draft to stock up on depth players in the later rounds.

Only position I am worried about is center and if only McSnead had listened to a lot of us on this board in the second round this year lol

Is Allen the guy or will we be promoting Corbett or get someone else.

The depth positions I would really look hard at in this draft are:

ILB
Safety
CB

Not in any particular order

Edit

I also have to add LT if Whitworth doesn't come back and we aren't able to sign Noteboom

I do like Jackson as a back-up

Last edited: