NFC West offseason: Several key 49ers may be set free/USAToday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Looks like we have a reading comprehension issue here. I never said that the Rams should bank on Jake Long. I merely stated that he hasn't been released yet and that he might not be if he were to take a paycut. And keeping him on the team doesn't necessarily mean that the team is banking on him and shouldn't further address the position. He could merely be another positional option. Remember, not all rookies can come in and be effective immediately.

As far as CB being a position of strength, I beg to differ. Sure, they have bodies, but they don't have an impact player at the position. One capable of taking away (figure of speech) a teams #1 or even #2 WR. And again, the team didn't need Aaron Donald when they selected him, but I'm sure glad that they did as teams shouldn't pass on superior talent in order to attempt to fill a so-called immediate need.

No reading comprehension at all man.. You may have one?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Rok Watkins. They picked him with the extra 5th round pick they got from trading down from #45 to #50.

Gotcha.. I would not be against trading down at all and picking up extra picks.

Athos

Legend
The Giants had Victor Cruz and still got Odell Beckham, Jr. Pretty sure they're happy with that, especially once Cruz comes back.

And that 2nd rounder on Randle who's gotten better every year despite Eli getting worse every year.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Rok Watkins. They picked him with the extra 5th round pick they got from trading down from #45 to #50.

Damn he is long forgotten.. As Tom Petty says... "God it's such a drag when you live in the past.." Time to move on. I know it was an example but lets talk current potential draft picks? :cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
With all this drafting a CB talk here recently... I heard something very funny today. I was listening to E$PN 101 (The Fast Lane) and they had Savard come on. Savard stated that he read a couple mocks today and one had us taking a CB out of need.. I loved Savard's reply..

He basically said that with our depth/strength at CB, and if there wasn't the 2nd coming of Deon Sanders/Rod Woodson in this draft, and there isn't, it would be "Criminal" for the Rams to draft a CB.. :cool: As of now the Fast Lane 5 to 6 hour has yet to be put up on Sound Cloud. As soon as it is, I'll post it for Savard's comments.

Aaron Donald was different last year when drafting BPA.. We'd already taken Grob for the OL. Hell, I even drafted Donald here in our mock. He is a special player. I see no CB's in this draft that equal that to take at #10. You're really going to take Waynes or Peters at #10? Rollins is still raw and would be a project. PJ Williams not at #10 either.

There's just no BPA to be taken there with our current strength at CB. No need to reach. That said, this thread has dwindled into draft talk that should be in another forum. My apologies mods and admins. I'm done here though.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
here's Savard speaking on drafting a CB. it starts at the 15:15 mark on the dial. There's also some good FA QB discussion after the CB talk.

Memphis Ram

Legend
No reading comprehension at all man.. You may have one?

Sorry, but there seems to be one to me. Re-read my posts if you'd like. Via your response it seems that you pretty much had a conversation with yourself and included me.

All I said was that Long might not get released. And with the right paycut he might not. Hell, even Jim Thomas has stated that they think he can play guard in his last chat.

As for the CB position, I disagree that it's a strength AND I also understand that the 2015 draft isn't just about the 2015 season (Jenkins & Johnson are 2016 UFAs, Joyner is too small to play outside effectively, McGee is fast but stinks).

Plus, I never said that they needed to draft a CB. I said that they could use a stud CB that can better lock down a #1 or #2 WR. Or maybe even a more consistent above average one, IMO.

Maybe then, the team won't have Matt Cassell completing 68% of his passes. Or Josh McCown completing 76.2% of his passes. Or Tony Romo completing 78.3% of his passes. Or Russell Wilson (68%), or Alex Smith (86.2%), or Carson Palmer (69.4%), or Phillip Rivers (82.9%), or Eli Manning (78.1%), or even Collin Kaepernick whom most here say can't even play the position (66.7%). That was ridiculous. Gregg Williams top rated defenses didn't consistently have QBs with have such high completion percentages. But, yeah. CB is a strength.

BTW, if I'm acting like Russ Lande, then you are acting like a typical non-draftnik football fan who counts bodies and focuses on immediate needs (as if most rookies can actually fill them) while not being able to see past that draft classes rookie year team effect.

Last edited: