NFC tops AFC in ProBowl Skills Competition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://thesco.re/theScore_App

In a competition featuring events focusing on football-related skills as well as others more in line with your high school gym class, the star players from the NFC reigned supreme.

With a convincing win over the AFC in the fifth and final event of the day, a 10-on-10 dodgeball match, the NFC took home an overall victory in the NFL's new-look Pro Bowl Skills Showdown.

The competition got started with the Best Hands event, where receivers caught passes from quarterbacks at one-hand, two-hand, sideline, and over-the-shoulder stations. Odell Beckham Jr. made it look easy in the second-to-last run, but former LSUteammate Jarvis Landry bested his time by just one-fifth of a second to give the AFC an early lead.

Next up was a Power Relay event filled with controversy. The NFC team was unable to move a 700-pound blocking sled on its first attempt, but officials granted another run upon ruling that it was indeed blocked on its tracks. Ezekiel Elliott smashed through the foam-wall finish line for a time of 28.7 seconds, giving the NFC its first win of the day.

Philip Rivers got the AFC back out in front with a win in the Precision Passing event, but Beckham would again tie things up when he took down Landry in the odd Drone Drop competition that had participants haul in passes from increased elevations.

Just as everyone had hoped, it all came down to a dodgemall match that would award the winning side three points. The NFC got out to a fast start, mowing down a number of AFC players to position itself for a runaway win. T.Y. Hilton would make things interesting by hanging around after all his teammates had been eliminated, but a failed catch attempt would eventually seal things in the NFC's favor.

In an apparent effort to spice up a Pro Bowl week that appears to be getting old for players and fans alike, the midweek event marked the first time that the NFL held any sort of skills competition since 2007. The response to the unique - and often times bizarre - event will presumably go a long way toward determining whether the format sticks in the years ahead.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ag8EnrkU9Sj9C.gif

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I didn't realize this had already happened. I did, however, realize that it sounded stupid.
Why not just do an American Gladiators course with Pro Bowlers?

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously, the Pro Bowl looks like an elementary school recess. I guess it's fun for the kids.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Keep in mind guys... all this stuff was held at Disney World in their Wide World of Sports area. There were lots of kids there watching as a result.