NFC Special Teams money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Interesting numbers from NFC West teams and the money they allocate to special teams payroll.

1. Rams $7,812,000
2. 49ers. $5,616,009
3. Cards $3,693,000
4. Hawks $1,137,000

Obviously we have top tier or perhaps even best in class kickers. The salaries reflect that, and some would argue that Z’s contract is actually beneficial to the Rams. I’m curious what ya’ll think about the different strategies, if any, when it comes to deploying resources to special teams.

It should be noted that just SF recently tagged Robbie Gould at a price of $5,000,000 to bring thier total up.

I thought it was interesting so thought I would post the numbers. My take is that we certainly are blessed to be in the position (for now) to be able to afford these talented players at the rates they command. Both these gents have been with the Rams thier whole careers and I hope they stick around awhile.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NFL rankings

Rams spend 3rd most, behind Baltimore ($10.9m) and Tennessee (8.7m)

Bottom 3 are NE ($955k) Minn ($960k) and Seattle ($1.1m)

dang

Legend
I believe the Pats are so low b/c their kicker is an unsigned FA. It will probably cost them $2.5m+ to resign him.

…..

Legend
I believe the Pats are so low b/c their kicker is an unsigned FA. It will probably cost them $2.5m+ to resign him.
Good point, I missed that. When he signed in early 2015 he was the NFL’s highest paid kicker.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pro Bowl kicker, punter and long snapper and boom payroll through the roof :) Always interesting these breakdowns.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GZ enters the final year of his deal, this year. UFA in 2020.

Other than injuries, he’s got to be in line for extension?

…..

Legend
Pro Bowl kicker, punter and long snapper and boom payroll through the roof :) Always interesting these breakdowns.
I didn’t realize our long snapper made the pro bowl. Probably just forgot.

The system is what it is eh? Can’t bitch about it one bit. In our case, they’ve definitely earned the status.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn’t realize our long snapper made the pro bowl. Probably just forgot.

The system is what it is eh? Can’t bitch about it one bit. In our case, they’ve definitely earned the status.
Might not have this past season also can't remember since the Rams players all passed on it but the year before all 3 were along with Cooper as the returner.

Ram65

Legend
I notice the kicker salaries when I visit the cap sites. You want the best you have to pay them. Look at all the teams last year searching for FG kickers. Missing easy FGs really hurts the momentum of the team and making a long one raises the momentum. JZ should get a new deal soon as this is his last year on his current contract. His injuries have to be a bit concerning. Rams should have a feel for his current health.

Worth every penny.
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ivs=1&q=Jake+mcquaide+salary#tts=0
Jake McQuaide signed a 3 year, $3,525,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including $385,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,175,000.