NFC Leaders Face Off - Playoff Football Comes Early

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
If our special teams could go ahead and step up and score some TD’s again .. for a few of these big games...yea that’d be great.
Like this. 1980 Rams. Packer at Rams Sept 21, 1980. Yeah, that's 37 points by the Rams in the 2nd quarter.

Code:
2    Rams    Frank Corral 29 yard field goal              0    10
Rams    Cullen Bryant 4 yard rush (Frank Corral kick)     0    17
Packers    Eddie Lee Ivery 46 yard pass from Lynn Dickey  7    17
Rams    Johnnie Johnson 99 yard interception return       7    24
Rams    Elvis Peacock 1 yard rush                         7    31
Rams    Willie Miller 29 yard pass from Vince Ferragamo   7    38
Rams    Rod Perry 83 yard interception return             7    44

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198009210ram.htm

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
The Hag's are already getting Beat-Up, Thomas is Hurt and Sherman is out, They're going down FAST!!
The Rams will probably have a 3 or 4 game edge on them by the Time we meet up with them again!!(y);):yess:
Shecocks will lose to Jax, Philly and us. We will win division with only loses to either NOLA or philly. Even if we lose both we will win the division.

fearsomefour

Legend
Way I see it we have suffered longer than every other fan base other than Cleveland. We deserve to be high on our team and to be a little cocky. And the Rams deserve our confidence, this team is very, very good.

So be confident and enjoy watching them go into Minnesota for a playoff-level game man. It doesn't get any better than this in the regular season, and we have FOUR games of that caliber coming.

Bring it on MFers.
Rams have been worse than Cleveland the last ten years....think about that.
At any rate, I agree.
This team is a good team going into a stretch of games that will provide a good test and barometer of where they are.
Young visionary coach, solid front office, young team and good cap situation.
Young, talented franchise quarterback.
No reason this success cannot be sustained long term.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The lack of quality opponents is the only thing that worries me about our team....Time to thump some division leaders. I think that first half vs Houston was good for the offense.
I think the defense is gonna kill Case this weekend....the real test will be New Orleans, Philly, Tennessee, and Seahawks on the road.
Funches is better than Kelvin Benjamin, IMO....you know, 40 times matter....they both have very good hands. But it actually makes most QB's get better by removing a "security blanket" from the offense. They have to go through their reads.

That guy that got injured probably hurts more...he is a field stretcher...and a dynamic player. the OSU sent some studs to the pros these last few years.
Wasn't Jacksonville leading their division when we "thumped" them in their house? I think so...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing that really concerns me is if we're #1 or #2 seed in the NFC
~LACHAMP46

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we weren't blowing out the bad teams I'd be worried. Patriots have been winning Super Bowls while playing in a garbage division and easy schedule for years.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
If we weren't blowing out the bad teams I'd be worried. Patriots have been winning Super Bowls while playing in a garbage division and easy schedule for years.
Actually this is a myth. I have to see if I still have the numbers. But the AFC east as a division has a better overall win percentage since Belicheat took over than most people think.

One thing the Pats do, is never take their foot off the gas. The go full bore until the game ends. They never play to kill the clock when ahead, they play to score.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
-Not going to apologize for our 4-12 schedule. We earned it.
-The best way to get to the playoffs is to score a shitload of points in a variety of ways.
-The best way to win playoff games is have a dominant front seven defensively and a legit QB who can make plays on 3rd down.
-The best way to eat a peanut butter sandwich is with a tall cold glass of chocolate milk.

My wisdom is free of charge.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wasn't Jacksonville leading their division when we "thumped" them in their house? I think so...
I was gonna respond, then read what Mojo wrote there...and l just have to laugh....

Jax isn't a real team...not yet...media darling...but not really potent on offense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually this is a myth. I have to see if I still have the numbers. But the AFC east as a division has a better overall win percentage since Belicheat took over than most people think.

One thing the Pats do, is never take their foot off the gas. The go full bore until the game ends. They never play to kill the clock when ahead, they play to score.

*with the aid of practice tape of opponents...
~Bellicheat's Inner Thoughts

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was gonna respond, then read what Mojo wrote there...and l just have to laugh....

Jax isn't a real team...not yet...media darling...but not really potent on offense.
Were they, or were they not leaders of their division at the time? If you say no, then there are no leaders in any division until they clinch

AND, part of why teams like Jacksonville are no longer divisional leaders, is cuz they get they @ss beat by other divisional leaders, like the Rams!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Well, they traded away one of their top WR's and just lost another for the year. I think they are now playing for a wildcard position.

Well Samuel really hadn't done much to date, they were 15-1 the year Benjamin missed the entire season due to injury, and his best target TE Greg Olsen is due back from IR shortly, so I don't know.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone ever notice that when Cheatriots are 3rd and long, Brady throws the long ball and they get a PI for a 1st down? One of their favorite plays.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is anyone else (old guys) getting an old school vibe this week with this RAMS Vikings matchup? No, not 1999 old school with two great offences going back and forth in the divisional round.

I’m talking 70’s old school, two great defenses knocking heads. The Vikings pretty much owned the RAMS during the 70’s especially in the playoffs. It’s time for some payback for all those years they broke my heart and many other RAMS fans hearts!

GO RAMS!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm still not ready to talk playoffs yet - but if I were ready, I would say something like this ....

Assuming the 6 from the NFC are the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers, Saints, and Seahawks - my preference would be to have a first round bye and then play the Seahawks at home.

I tend to put the Eagles, Saints, and Panthers ahead of the Vikings and Seahawks. I do think that these are the best 6 teams in the NFC right now so it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if a team like the Falcons, Cowboys, Lions, or Skins somehow snuck in.

It goes without saying that these games with the Vikings, Saints, and Eagles are very important - trying to nail down one of those first round byes would be very nice.

But as I said, I'm not ready to talk playoffs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The record of their division rivals isn't my point. My point is their record in division games. They almost never are challenged in division. Go back 15 years, they have almost as many 6-0 division record as 4-2 and never below 4-2. The other afc east teams may do ok out of division but they almost never challenge in division.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I would have to disagree. The only thing mythical is that the Patriots record is included in there. Also you have bad teams splitting games against bad teams. Miami, Buffalo and the NY Jets have been horrible. Over the last 10 years only 6 times has a team other than NE had a winning record! and twice the winning record was 9-7. The reason the numbers appear better are because nobody in that division ever goes 2-14 or 3-13. They are all equally bad. Typically the last place team goes 6-10 in the AFC East. Mostly because they play split and get 3 wins against really bad teams.

On top of all that the AFC East has probably had the worst cast of QBs in any division. The AFC East has been a joke for almost 15 years now outside of the Patriots.

I do agree NE as a team does try to bury their opponents. Full throttle for all 60 minutes. You nailed that part.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think it's a myth! And I would like to see the Link that proves me wrong! I'm not arguing, just saying!!!(y);)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not going to apologize for our 4-12 schedule. We earned it.

that schedule led them to matchups against the vikings and saints.

every other game was set in stone no matter their record.

rams luck.