Next Gen gaming consoles(XBOX ONE and PS4)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
iU8RJKfgYqMWx.gif

A55VA6

Legend
Sticking with the xbox again. They're winning the battle right now honestly. And this comes from someone who hates Microsoft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't like Xbox. I've had playstations since the PSONE, and I'll never use anything else.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I have both the Xbox 360 and PS 3. I prefer the Xbox personally, and I'm planning on buying the Xbox one when it comes out. I will say that I think both are very good systems

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
I have both the Xbox 360 and PS 3. I prefer the Xbox personally, and I'm planning on buying the Xbox one when it comes out. I will say that I think both are very good systems
Fence-sitter. :neh:

I just couldn't get used to the XBOX for some reason. Just didn't like the feel of the controller, and they didn't have some of the games that I love to play. Plus, PS3 has a blue-ray, which looks phenomenal on my HDTV, and the controller is rechargeable.

So, yeah. Suck it Microsoft.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
brokeu91 said:

I just couldn't get used to the XBOX for some reason. Just didn't like the feel of the controller, and they didn't have some of the games that I love to play. Plus, PS3 has a blue-ray, which looks phenomenal on my HDTV, and the controller is rechargeable.

I hear what you're saying. I just like the Xbox controller more. As far as games go...I actually prefer the exclusive games for PS3 more than the exclusive games for Xbox 360. But I think the whole gaming experience/online gaming is better on 360.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
X said:
brokeu91 said:

I hear what you're saying. I just like the Xbox controller more. As far as games go...I actually prefer the exclusive games for PS3 more than the exclusive games for Xbox 360. But I think the whole gaming experience/online gaming is better on 360.
Oh yeah. That's the other thing. Online play is free from the Playstation Network.
I don't have very many issues (nor does my son) with lag or anything either.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm a playstation man. I don't like paying for internet services (because I don't really play console games online), and I've been getting playstation since the first one. Plus Sony usually has better hardware, and a better relationship with Indy gamers, which can give them good exclusives. I don't really care for Halo or Gears of War, since to me they're just kind of generic shooters.. Games like The Last of Us (coming out next month) look amazing, not only visually but they have great writing, a plot system that really sucks you in.

The XBox One looks pretty cool, they're really trying to make it an all in one system so you don't need any other box, which is good... But I don't really mind having a cable box (because the Playstation does everything else). Playstation is more gamer friendly.

But both are good.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
brokeu91 said:

LOL when I first looked at your post I thought you called him a " Face-sitter"! I've used the Xbox since the first one and cant' get used to the damn controllers for the PS. The reason I even considered switching to PS is the Blue-Ray and free online access. Hate buying a subscription with Xbox but what you get for it is pretty bad ass. I love Halo and they don't have that on PS. Hope the new XBOX is a upgrade without much extras to buy or I will be switching! PS you can recharge the xbox controller to!

A55VA6

Legend
That's the only thing about XBOX that makes it not perfect for me... Xbox Live.

I enjoy playing online, but I refuse to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars over the years to play online. But I still choose Xbox over PS4.

I just hope XBOX One comes out strong and doesn't have all those issues that the 360 had at the beginning.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
A55VA6 said:
I just hope XBOX One comes out strong and doesn't have all those issues that the 360 had at the beginning.
That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to spend all of that money and get something like the red ring of death

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still have a working PS2 and i still have a PS3 that has lasted me 7 years through daily,rigorous use.
I also refuse to pay for an online "service" to play video games online,when i already shelled out hundreds for the console itself,and an existing monthly internet bill. F that.

XBox live is a superior experience to the PSN i'm told....it probably is...and well, it'd better be. With the exception of Sony's lack of communication to its customers when the network goes down or has had issues....i've had a positive experience with the PSN.

Failure rates have been documented and exaggerated and re-documented through the years,and i believe in the quality of a Sony made console over the XBox. My own experience is proof enough for me,as well as co-workers and friends who have been loyal to the XBox.

As far as the little things...i too prefer the dual shock over the XBox controller,and i've never felt like i missed out on too much in terms of exclusive games.

PS4 for this guy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've been following the Xbox news... but I've never been a gamer. I don't know why. I wish I was.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
I've been following the Xbox news... but I've never been a gamer. I don't know why. I wish I was.
And you're probably much smarter as a result. :mrgreen:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

I wish that were true... :lmao:

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

I've read that gamers usually have faster reactions and better problem solving skills... But I'm sure it depends on what type of games you play.