News Flash!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Lazor isn't a good OC either. He didn't blow me away when he was in charge of the Dolphins offense, as he consistently underutilized players like Lamar Miller.

Marvin isn't making it out of this season with a job. This team is going full nuclear meltdown and he won't be able to reel it back in. Just look at some of the comments players are making and then realize that it's only week 2. Then also realize that as talented as this offense is, it's under preforming badly and doesn't show much hope of getting better. It will improve a bit just through experience, but not enough to dig out of this pit they are in.

I don't think Marvin is a bad coach, but he definitely needs an Andy Reid style change of scenery. Even then, he's not as good as Reid. I think Reid can take a team deep in the playoffs. I think Marvin is a bridge. He's the Mark Jackson to the eventual Steve Kerr. He can do some nice things for your franchise and bring you up to a respectable level, but he can't break through that ceiling.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
feel bad for Lewis tbh. Regardless how you may feel about how good of a coach he is, it sucks to have a really talented team to lose in playoffs cuz of late injuries to key players. And doesnt help to lose your really good OCs and DC to head coaching jobs. He gets a lot of hate but to me, being a consistent playoff team is pretty impressive

And it's not like the bengals were worth a damn before he came. It's about time for a change there but to forget his overall contribution to that franchise would be to do him a serious disservice.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/near-mutiny-forced-the-hand-of-marvin-lewis/

“Near mutiny” forced the hand of Marvin Lewis
Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2017

So why did Bengals coach Marvin Lewis fire offensive coordinator Ken Zampese? Lewis basically had no choice.

After two home games only four days apart and zero touchdowns and nine total points scored, Lewis was facing a “near mutiny,” a league source tells PFT. The normally quiet A.J. Green publicly sounded off, and plenty of other players had plenty of pointed things to say privately, we’re told.

The fact that Lewis would cut the cord so quickly underscores how poorly the week has gone for Zampese, who simply hasn’t been able to do what Hue Jackson (and Jay Gruden before him) did with the offense of a team led by a defensive-minded coach. Yes, the fact that Zampese was fired after two games suggests he should have been fired after the 2016 season. Lewis nevertheless had to do something to keep things from imploding.

So what will Bill Lazor need to do to turn things around? As discussed on Friday’s PFT Live, the Bengals seem to spread the ball around to too many weapons, instead of building the attack around their best player(s). Throw it deep to A.J. Green at least every other drive; even when he doesn’t catch it, knowing it may be coming will open up the rest of the field. Pick a running back and make him the workhorse, instead of trying to spin the dial from Jeremy Hill to Joe Mixon to Gio Bernard.

The teams that can get away with having so many different players touching the ball typically have franchise quarterbacks distributing it — and distributing it so well that no one grumbles about not getting it enough. With Andy Dalton regressing, the ball isn’t being distributed effectively, and those who believe they should be getting it more often are going to begin to get upset.

So that’s the free advice to Lazor. Take shots to Green and John Ross, who disappeared after an unavoidable fumble that happened when Kareem Jackson put his helmet right on the ball. Pick a tailback and let him pound and pound and pound some more.

Here’s another tidbit for Lazor: Cultivate true leaders on offense. Dalton seems disengaged to the point of disinterested when things aren’t going well. Someone needs to show some fire and passion to snap this offense out of its funk. If not the quarterback, then it needs to be someone else.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not shocked here at all and many Ram fans have been clamoring over the years for Ken Zampese as Offensive Coordinator and I knew he would be a disaster because it took him so long to get a OC gig I knew something was missing. A beat writer in Cincinnati on the Dan Patrick show stated he did not think Zampese had confidence in himself as a play caller and I agree.

As to the Bengals I doubt anything improves, it was obvious they would be trending downward with the loss of not only Whitworth, but Kevin Zeitler as well. The Bengals will have a new Head Coach come 2018, but Lewis with either resign or retire and they will hire an offensive coach, but somebody not high profile like Mike Munchak of the Steelers as I believe the Steelers will lose Todd Haley as well to the New York Jets in 2018.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not shocked here at all and many Ram fans have been clamoring over the years for Ken Zampese as Offensive Coordinator and I knew he would be a disaster because it took him so long to get a OC gig I knew something was missing. A beat writer in Cincinnati on the Dan Patrick show stated he did not think Zampese had confidence in himself as a play caller and I agree.

As to the Bengals I doubt anything improves, it was obvious they would be trending downward with the loss of not only Whitworth, but Kevin Zeitler as well. The Bengals will have a new Head Coach come 2018, but Lewis with either resign or retire and they will hire an offensive coach, but somebody not high profile like Mike Munchak of the Steelers as I believe the Steelers will lose Todd Haley as well to the New York Jets in 2018.
Somebody like McVay.