NEWBIES - Bet on games with ROD$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I hate to show my ignorance but I dont have a clue about spreads and stuff.

PhxRam

I hate to show my ignorance but I dont have a clue about spreads and stuff.

Lets look at the Rams game

Rams -3.5
Vikings +3.5

The rams have been set as a 3.5 point favorite on the betting line. The negative number will be the team who is the favorite, or "spotting points"

That means for the Rams to cover the spread they will need to win by at least 3.5 points (4 essentially)

Ex Final Scores

Rams 10
Vikings 7

lose

Rams 11
Vikings 7

Win

If you were to pick the Vikings and +3.5 that means you think that the Vikings will win straight up or that they will lose by LESS then 3.5 points.

Ex Final Scores

Rams 10
Vikings 11

Win

Rams 12
Vikings 11

Win

Rams 16
Vikings 12

Lose

Make a little more sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PS. that little .5 (half pt) will screw you more times then you think it will.

That's a great example.

The other way to bet is just head to head which is this team or that team will win but you get paid more if the team is not favored like 2/1 in the odds ($2 paid for every $1 bet) or less if the team is favored like 1/2 in the odds ($1 for every $2 bet), Of course, you also get your bet back if you win too.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And all examples where you fall exactly on the number or spread are pushes, you neither win or lose, you just get your money back.

PhxRam

And all examples where you fall exactly on the number or spread are pushes, you neither win or lose, you just get your money back.

One thing I forgot to tell you.. When you go to settle bets on a push, make sure you make everyone a winner or it will just take everyones money. So for the sake of argument pushes here are winners.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But the strippers suspiciously look like @CGI_Ram in a dress.

I waqs going to reply to his post and say "You mean hookers not strippers" then you posted and I thought "Hmmm, maybe that would be a bad visual".

Hahahahahahahahaha

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
PS. that little .5 (half pt) will screw you more times then you think it will.

That .5 is how bookies and Vegas make so much money. It's the secret weapon that they have gotten people to accept.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I was going to lay some hard earned, irresponsible ROD cash on the Packers tonight but after doing a little more research I'm on the fence about who to take in this one. It certainly won't be one of my picks in my Pick 4 league.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think I am going to wait until the whiner game and bet the house.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I think I'm just going to bet half my money on a Rams win each week. The odds will generally take care of me, paying me a meager amount for the Rams easy home opening win against, Minnesota, but paying me a ton for the Rams week 17 win at Seattle.

Just curious, how did I earn this money to begin with? I'm sure it's written around here somewhere. But just like my betting style, my research style could be accurately described as LAZY.

PhxRam

I think I'm just going to bet half my money on a Rams win each week. The odds will generally take care of me, paying me a meager amount for the Rams easy home opening win against, Minnesota, but paying me a ton for the Rams week 17 win at Seattle.

Just curious, how did I earn this money to begin with? I'm sure it's written around here somewhere. But just like my betting style, my research style could be accurately described as LAZY.

you earn money simply by posting... Eazy Peazy. You also get additional money when someone likes your post, logging in everyday.

Ramatik

Starter
I bet it all on the Rams beating the Vikes.

If they don't win, I guess I will just bury my head in the sand and wait till next year.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
you earn money simply by posting... Eazy Peazy. You also get additional money when someone likes your post, logging in everyday.

How do you get up into big bucks territory? You have 20 times my posts but 1000 times my money. Is that all from wagering? I do have a lot of likes for my meager number of posts, I think.

When I go to the east side with @CGI_Ram , I wanna get the hot strippers! (no skanks for me, thank you!)

PhxRam

How do you get up into big bucks territory? You have 20 times my posts but 1000 times my money. Is that all from wagering? I do have a lot of likes for my meager number of posts, I think.

When I go to the east side with @CGI_Ram , I wanna get the hot strippers! (no skanks for me, thank you!)

Over the course of the year I gave everyone a bunch of money.. Also your money earns interest as well.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Over the course of the year I gave everyone a bunch of money.. Also your money earns interest as well.

Well thanks for that! I do enjoy playing with house money when the opportunity arises.

Hmmm... with my betting strategy, after the Rams go 16-0, I'll have $4M to spend on strippers! Hmm... maybe I should be calling 800-BETS-OFF before I get started.