New unofficial depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I think AD gets signed within 24 hours
As much as i love AD's skillset I actually want the Rams to hold tight on this one. If we resign him now it has to be a deal that benefits the Rams, otherwise there's no reason for us to cave in here. AD has to play this year or he's just going to hurt himself. I imagine AD would fetch us some pretty awesome draft picks if it comes down to it.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
As much as i love AD's skillset I actually want the Rams to hold tight on this one. If we resign him now it has to be a deal that benefits the Rams, otherwise there's no reason for us to cave in here. AD has to play this year or he's just going to hurt himself. I imagine AD would fetch us some pretty awesome draft picks if it comes down to it.

I think AD wants this year to count towards a potential future FA after this new contract expires and he won't get this year accounted for if he doesn't report by the tomorrow.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I think AD wants this year to count towards a potential future FA after this new contract expires and he won't get this year accounted for if he doesn't report by the tomorrow.

Tomorrow is an off day. Pretty sure he had to report today because of that.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe

What's the significance of tomorrow ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Signing him early is good business but he needs to realize the team could just sit on his contract so he should be willing to help them with longer term or whatever to allow for a smaller cap hit.

I'd sign him to like an 8 year contract for biggest DT bonus ever but smaller cap hit. And if he wants to play hardball, so be it. Enjoy your year off.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Players have to report tomorrow, in order for the year to count towards free agency.

but he already has the 5th year option, so it doesnt matter to him really. unless he holdsout again next year and misses the date again, but no way thats happening

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
At this point, fuck Aaron Donald. The defense will be fine without him. And I think the Rams are starting to realize that. Denver never had any stud Dlinemen. Phillips will make it work.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we sign him. But I'm not going to lose sleep again if we don't.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keep in mind Gentlemen that this is not the Rams season depth chart, they had to put a depth chart together because it's required before the first preseason game so they threw something together to meet that requirement.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Players have to report tomorrow, in order for the year to count towards free agency.

Correct me if I am wrong but Donald could actually not report till Week 8 of the regular season. If he came back before week 8 then he gets credit for a year of service/FA, or are you guys talking about something else.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct me if I am wrong but Donald could actually not report till Week 8 of the regular season. If he came back before week 8 then he gets credit for a year of service/FA, or are you guys talking about something else.

This rule really doesn't work for 1st round picks that they're referring to IIRC.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2017-18-important-nfl-dates/

There are a couple of dates listed there that are important. The August 8th that is being referred to means if a player doesn't report by then his first year of free agency is a restricted year instead of unrestricted. First round picks have the 5th year option so I don't think that would apply to them or if it does it means that 6th year would be unrestricted? The big date we have to pay attention to for AD is November 14th which would be prior to our week 11 game. If players holding out including rookies that went unsigned they cannot play in the NFL in the following year. That's my understanding at least of the rules, granted we haven't had a holdout in ages so I'm not totally up to snuff on this.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So, if this is correct, then do we assume, if he doesn't show up, that Donald doesn't want to become a Free Agent!?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Brandon Shippen ahead of Spruce and McRoberts.
That #82 guy sure was in a lot of photos....

I thought Josh Reynolds might have been higher on the Depth chart TBH
bigger shock was how low Reynolds was on the list. I mean...he must look like garbage....before his quad injury.

Williams at RT....sheesh, he was about to get guys killed last year...no clue where they're going with OLB either...unless they're going to wait for a game to see what Samson & Price can do...

Longacre & Fox....could actually make the team.

Strange stuff in the secondary....EJ goes to the pine??? Hmmmm.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Our front for seems to have less depth than in the past. Maybe it is just me. I hope some of the guys step up.LTP, Longacre, Fox maybe even Smart.
I would add add two previous All Pro's to that front DL 3 posts.......OSLB'er's Conner Barwin & Rob Quinn to my DL. ;)

Having to moved up what were two expected top DL reserves who were UDFA's (Westbrooks /LTP) into the 2 starting posts would cause that. Without top talents of interior pass rushers like former first round top draft selections (Aaron Donald & Dom Easley) it would naturally appear very light in overall talent but like many saw from the Chargers practice this past weekend from an outside Lber like Ingram who is the same size as Quinn can give any OL problems when used as a pass rusher!

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This rule really doesn't work for 1st round picks that they're referring to IIRC.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2017-18-important-nfl-dates/

There are a couple of dates listed there that are important. The August 8th that is being referred to means if a player doesn't report by then his first year of free agency is a restricted year instead of unrestricted. First round picks have the 5th year option so I don't think that would apply to them or if it does it means that 6th year would be unrestricted? The big date we have to pay attention to for AD is November 14th which would be prior to our week 11 game. If players holding out including rookies that went unsigned they cannot play in the NFL in the following year. That's my understanding at least of the rules, granted we haven't had a holdout in ages so I'm not totally up to snuff on this.

Thanks for the clarity, I agree its been a while since we have had to worry about this kind of stuff.