New team leaders in defensive stats in 2013?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some Settle Changes is taking place early in this 2013 Rams team. Rookie first round pick OLB'er Alec Ogletree is leading all Rams defenders with 21 tacks with one assist & 1 FF. A big change since JL was drafted who has been a team leader forever. JL has 15 tacks & a assist. JL was really silent last week. WW has 7 tacks.

When you look at the starters in the secondary you see another change from last yr is UDFA 2nd yr safety Rodney Mcleod is leading the other Ram high draft picks & the 50 million corner where Rodney has 17 tacks with 2 assists. JJ is next with 15 tacks & closely followed by TJ McDonald with 13 tack with 2 assists. Then the 50 million $$ CB with 13 tacks.

Another change is the lack of stats on starter LDE Chris long. Of the four starting DL'ers... Long is @ the bottom of the stats & is hanging out with back up Conrath & Cudjo is tacks. Plus of the Rams four DE's he is the only DE without a sack & once again on the bottom. That should change due to the injury to the knee of Hayes. Reserve DE Ernie Sims is off to a good start with 5 tacks & one sack.

Brockers has 8 tacks & Langford has 5 with one sack. Chris Long is not listed on any injury list. RDE Robert Quinn continues to be the Defensive Line leader with 11 tacks four sacks & 3 forced fumbles. Just wish Robert could contain or even limit all those big runs to his side of the field.

Special teams Ram tack leader is LS Jake McQuaide makes me wonder about our speeders & gunners ????

fearsomefour

Legend
Ogletree has overall been better than I expected for a rookie....but, he had some very, very bad moments vs. Dallas. Total inability to stand up to the point of attack, still getting blocked 7, 8 yards downfield. Of course, the whole D was bad vs. Dallas. In fact I think it is fair to say the Rams D has really only had about 5 quarters of success all season. That has got to change.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
fearsomefour said:
Ogletree has overall been better than I expected for a rookie....but, he had some very, very bad moments vs. Dallas. Total inability to stand up to the point of attack, still getting blocked 7, 8 yards downfield. Of course, the whole D was bad vs. Dallas. In fact I think it is fair to say the Rams D has really only had about 5 quarters of success all season. That has got to change.

Yes very true that Tree is getting pushed back rather easy @ the point of impact but he will get stronger & better @ that. Its just nice to see him so involved in the pass coverage for a young rookie. Usually you would not place a rookie LB'er with so much responsibilities in the back areas. His outstanding speed is a big help. I am ready to see Ray Ray Armstrong get on the field in the base defense tonight in place of Spoon. He may be able to ignite the Rams in the dome in a mighty way with his bravado!

The MIA Chris Long is a concern too. I wonder if Chris has peaked. Hayes when he was in for CL was better...now he is out makes me think we may see Gerald Rivers active tonight to make the normal 8 DL'ers available for rotation.