NEW: Rams vs Raiders - Shane's Select Seven

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Rams vs. Raiders: Shane's Select Seven
Shane Gray

On Sunday, the St Louis Rams (4-7) will host the Oakland Raiders (1-10) in week 13 action. While St. Louis will attempt to bounce back from a heartbreaking 24-27 loss to the Chargers, Oakland will try to notch its second win of the season after securing its first victory last week vs. Kansas City.

Oakland's Offensive O

The Raiders offense has been a nightmare for Oakland fans in 2014.

Statistically, it ranks thirty-first in points per game, thirty-second in yards per contest, twenty-eighth on third down, twenty-ninth in passer rating, twenty-sixth in completion percentage, twenty-sixth in yards per carry, last in rushing yards per game and worst in the league in fumbles.

With a rookie quarterback in Derek Carr under center, it isn't surprising that the offensive attack has been inconsistent. What has been surprising, however, is how consistently unproductive the unit has been.

Of late, however, the O slowly realized an uptick in production, averaging 17.3 points in the last seven games after managing just 12.8 in its first four.

Despite their struggles, the Oakland offense possesses some dangerous weapons and shouldn't be slept on.

"They’re highly skilled," Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher said this week. "They like to run it and use play-action pass for protection. The tight ends are talented and they can get down the field. They use the play-action pass to get the ball to the backs in the check down. All of their backs (are) hard to get down in the open field. Our defense is going to have to play really well.”

For the other six points re: Loosing Long, Donald Delivering, Bailey Breakout Out, Considering Carr, Respecting the Raiders, and Ferguson Focused, please click below. Thanks as always to the best Rams board anywhere: ROD):

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...5553/Rams-vs-Raiders-Shanes-Select-Seven.aspx

SierraRam

Recreational User
As always, the best breakdown of our team and competition comes from you Shane. Thanks!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Another good read as always Shane. I posted linkage on the ROD FB page and in my old timers Rams group there.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another good read as always Shane. I posted linkage on the ROD FB page and in my old timers Rams group there.

Thank you for the incredibly kind words, Dagonet. And a huge thank you for be so thoughtful as to share the link on the ROD FB page and the other page that you mention. I sincerely appreciate that.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Thank you for the incredibly kind words, Dagonet. And a huge thank you for be so thoughtful as to share the link on the ROD FB page and the other page that you mention. I sincerely appreciate that.

The other is a group I started on FB before I came here to ROD. That said, no problem man, and it's well deserved. I have always liked reading your columns. I also appreciate the fact you're on www.insidestl.com instead of the E$PN 101 site now. Seems you can be yourself more to me, meaning with 101 the flagship, you don't have to tow the company line as much. You can do a little more constructive criticism is what I mean. I could be wrong, but there's much more talk about Kroenke and Rams relocation on insidestl.com than on 101 too. Look forward to more man. Peace.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am anxious to see Derek Carr play today.

Also excited to see C Long back. Defense should be fired up.

STL-Rams

Starter
Good morning Shane. Thanks for the article. (y)

"We have an opponent that’s playing much better than their 1-10 record and they fully recognize that," Fisher asserted."

"They’re a heck of a lot better than their record indicates for sure," Hill said."

Blah, blah, blah...anything less than a thorough butt-kicking of the Raiders will be a disappointment.

Let's not forget our reunion with former Rams OC Greg Olson. Let's hope it goes better than our reunion with Dallas OC Scott Linehan.

"He was the offensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams from 2006-2007. In his first year with the Rams in 2006, he helped guide a high-powered offense that ranked sixth in the NFL in total offense (360.4 yards per game) and a passing offense that ranked third (247.6) in the NFC.

Under Olson's direction the Rams became just the fourth team in NFL history to produce a 4,000 yard passer (Marc Bulger), a 1,500 yard rusher (Stephen Jackson) and two 1,000 yard receivers (Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce). Bulger, Holt and Bruce were all selected to the Pro Bowl. Bulger also posted career-highs in passing yards (4,301), passing touchdowns (24), and passing attempts (588) and completions (370) while ranking second in the NFL in interception percentage (1.4%).

Jackson also had a career-year in 2006, leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 2,334, and he led all NFL running backs with 90 receptions and was fifth in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,528."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Olson_(American_football)

I agree with you that -- at the very least -- the Rams have to win this one.

Great info on former OC Olson and the connection with how things went against Linehan!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree with you that -- at the very least -- the Rams have to win this one.

Great info on former OC Olson and the connection with how things went against Linehan!

I agree that they should win but the Raiduhs have played some good teams and given them a fight. This could easily be a two win team.

STL-Rams

Starter
I agree that they should win but the Raiduhs have played some good teams and given them a fight. This could easily be a two win team.
They could have a few more than two but they have been playing some good teams. Good to hear from you, Les.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They could have a few more than two but they have been playing some good teams. Good to hear from you, Les.

Blue font Shane......indicates sarcasm. Meaning they aren't as good as people are making them out to be. They stink and people are being politically correct. This is a game the Rams should control because the defense will dictate everything.

It's no damn fun when ya gotta splain the joke!!! But I still love ya!