New Rams QBs hit the ground running

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
1 hour ago • By Jim Thomas
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_68e38d76-0561-53dc-b8ca-471e4243e595.html

New quarterbacks Brady Quinn and Austin Davis were on the practice field Wednesday as the Rams began on-field preparations for Monday night’s game with Seattle.

With an extra day before the Monday game, the Rams have an extra day of practice this week, working Wednesday through Saturday. Wednesday’s workout was brief, about an hour in length, but the tempo was brisk.

Quinn and Davis worked for about an extra 15 minutes or so after practice. Monday’s starter, Kellen Clemens, also did some extra work after practice.

“I know the system, I know the terminology, so you just kind of hit the ground running,” said Davis, who was with the Rams throughout training camp and the preseason as well as the entire 2012 season. “In a way it feels like you never left.”

Because of the Rams’ familiarity with Davis, he did not have to work out Tuesday as originally thought.

As for Quinn, who was released by the New York Jets on Monday, it has been a whirlwind 48 hours.

“First day, just getting acclimated,” Quinn said. “Obviously there’s a lot of different things going on for me, whether it’s personnel or the system, or everything out around me. So still trying to get my feet on the ground right now.”

RAM-BLINGS

_ Quinn will wear jersey No. 3 for the Rams; Davis is wearing No. 9, the same number he had in his previous stint here.

_ RB Benny Cunningham (ankle) was the only player who didn’t practice Wednesday.

_ After clearing waivers Wednesday, offensive guard Brandon Washington is re-joining the Rams on the practice squad.

Follow Jim Thomas on twitter @jthom1

MORE RAMS REPORT STORIES

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I have always been intrigued by Quinn. Maybe this is finally the place where he can stick.

PhxRam

I seriously didn't know Quinn was even in the league until the other day

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Don't usually agree with Burwell, but I am in total agreement with his article (see list of articles under OP)

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Having gone with two QB's originally is there a chance Quinn gets released again after the Seattle game (having imparted his knowledge about their offence) n B Washington gets called back up. That would leave Clemens n Davis n we're back to two QB's again

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Having gone with two QB's originally is there a chance Quinn gets released again after the Seattle game (having imparted his knowledge about their offence) n B Washington gets called back up. That would leave Clemens n Davis n we're back to two QB's again

I think Quinn will get longer than that but I do think only one of the two will be on the roster by the end of the season provided KC stays healthy