New Rams QB coach Greg Olson on Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, well....so, another genius that believes that a starter...needs all the damn reps to get ready...with all this limited contact BS.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
For the life of me I can't find that quote. Where did you pull it from?

I hope that's a joke because if Olsen thinks Mannion release is quick I have some serious doubts about what tape he's been watching

I just made that quote up! I had a few last night and figured some would flip their shit seeing that! Lmao

My bad!

Ps I guess this qualifies me a sports reporter now a days egh...? Lol

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay I'm glad the Rams hired the right people, however, @jrry32 & others I do believe that Quarterbacks who do not take snaps under center have a steeper hill to climb when they transition to the NFL and in Goff's case, he did not even take snaps under center at the high school level.

You could see from day one, this was an issue for Goff IMHO, now maybe having such poor offensive coaches in place did factor in, however, IMO, if a kid has not taken snaps under center not only am I going to insists on him doing that time and time again, but I'm also going to have a big ugly over the center while he's practicing taking the snaps as well besides other things.

It was obvious even reading the defense under center was an issue as well and again IMHO you have to factor that in when you are making decisions on draft day.

Does it add one more thing to the list? Yes. But I see it as pretty minimal, like adding one more step to a staircase.

There are so many QBs who entered the NFL from shotgun spreads and did just fine early on.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Im excited to see a LaFleur, McVay, and Olsen working with Goff. Its the best scenario coaching wise he could ask for

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Im excited to see a LaFleur, McVay, and Olsen working with Goff. Its the best scenario coaching wise he could ask for

It does appear that way. Lots of experience with QB's and offense on this staff.

My only concern is too many cooks in the kitchen. But, that's McVay's to guard against.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I just made that quote up! I had a few last night and figured some would flip their crap seeing that! Lmao

My bad!

Ps I guess this qualifies me a sports reporter now a days egh...? Lol

Well your instantly more credible then Jason Cole.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It does appear that way. Lots of experience with QB's and offense on this staff.

My only concern is too many cooks in the kitchen. But, that's McVay's to guard against.
I hope that they all share the basic philosophy when it comes down to the position - otherwise you'll have backroom fighting and everyone trying to be Alpha Male.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hope that they all share the basic philosophy when it comes down to the position - otherwise you'll have backroom fighting and everyone trying to be Alpha Male.

That's a fair thing to be concerned about.

A little success early will help. The biggest test for leadership is how they respond when the going gets tough.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I wouldn't worry too much about " Too many Cooks" CGI, McVay has already found his time is being spread thin as a HC, so he knows he needs a Big staff to accomplish what he wants to do! at least that's what I took from a recent interview of his!

Zero

Pro Bowler
McVay spoke on this, and it is one of the most important
fundamentals of coaching.A confused player is not a
productive player.I have no worries,McVay is a smart
man and would not allow this to happen.