NEW: Rams on Cusp of Greatness After Decade of Disappointment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...Greatness-After-Decade-of-Disappointment.aspx

Gray: Rams on Cusp of Greatness After Decade of Disappointment

In a variety of ways this season, the St. Louis Rams (5-7) have exhibited strong signals that their lengthy journey back towards respectability and NFL relevance is nearing a successful completion. In fact, numerous outings over the last several weeks would indicate the return of legitimate playoff expectations and even championship aspirations could be arriving soon. Very soon.
As a team, the young Rams are showing signs of growing up and growing up quickly. After a disheartening 1-4 start, St. Louis has reeled off four wins in its last seven games -- including victories over the Denver Broncos (9-3), Seattle Seahawks (8-4) and San Francisco 49ers (7-5).

In its latest outing -- a 52-0 beat-down of the Oakland Raiders that was one of the more dominant performances one will ever witness in the NFL -- St. Louis provided more evidence they are on the cusp of greatness following a disastrous decade of disappointment.

It was a tumultuous 10-year run that featured zero winning seasons, the worst five-year won-loss record in league history (2007-2011), no playoff appearances in the last nine campaigns and the single worst winning percentage in the NFL (.302) over the past eight years (2006-2013).

Thankfully, however, that torturous time-frame appears to quickly be nearing a close as the 2014 Rams are showing strong indications the 2015 Rams and those of subsequent seasons will likely be bona-fide postseason candidates and eventual Super Bowl challengers.

(For a look at the offense, defense, free agency and more, please click below for the full read. Thanks, as always, for being the best Rams board anywhere and for all of the support, ROD):

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/STLSports/STLRams/tabid/137/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/15588/Gray-Rams-on-Cusp-of-Greatness-After-Decade-of-Disappointment.aspx

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Now that was a fun read. I have only one minor complaint: no mention of ST aces Benny Cunningham, Greg Zeurlein, and Johnny Hekker? :fighting: :snicker:

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now that was a fun read. I have only one minor complaint: no mention of ST aces Benny Cunningham, Greg Zeurlein, and Johnny Hekker? :fighting: :snicker:
Thank you, my friend. Prime, I have to admit that I accidentally omitted the STs points as I planned on touching on all three of the aforementioned ST's performers. Not a good feeling, but I'm glad you brought that up.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
You're welcome, CodeMonkey. And, for the first time in years, I truly believe the Rams are set to turn the corner beginning in 2015.
Agreed! The slow start was a little disconcerting after being so high in the offseason but you can see the pieces coming together. The young players stepping up like Gaines, Bailey, and Mason to name only three among many is so encouraging. It seems like the players are finally "getting" the schemes. We still have work to do but the potential is obvious. Next year it's important to come out of the gate on fire.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Prime Time is correct. Special Teams are stars in their own right! You didn't gush enough Shane!

I see it the same way Shane. This youth and the continuation of the coaching and players into 2015 could be beastly. It's a perfect storm. Even if it's Bradford/Hill/Player to be named later. Please let the Rams get a reasonable schedule. Call your people Shane, make it happen. (y)

When looking at the "great emergence" as I call it when mumbling in my sleep, being the last 6 games, my god the numbers are there.

On a downer note, IMHO, if Fisher had given Hill his shot game 4 instead of rushing to AD, this would be a playoff team right now. Why didn't he consult me, WHYYYYY? IT'S PEOPLE! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! o_O

Sorry, tangent.

THIS, Shane, is the article I've been waiting a decade to read. Thanks.

Don't forget us when the Rams dynasty rockets you to stardom as a major media consultant bro, we loved you as little Shane. (y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice! Watch out NFL - the Rams are on their way.

Thanks Shane. Great read as usual.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thank you, my friend. Prime, I have to admit that I accidentally omitted the STs points as I planned on touching on all three of the aforementioned ST's performers. Not a good feeling, but I'm glad you brought that up.

Not to worry, Shane. Just messing with you. :banana: You do the best articles on the Rams we've seen here in years. Thanks for sharing what you write and hanging out with us. (y)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...Greatness-After-Decade-of-Disappointment.aspx

Gray: Rams on Cusp of Greatness After Decade of Disappointment

In a variety of ways this season, the St. Louis Rams (5-7) have exhibited strong signals that their lengthy journey back towards respectability and NFL relevance is nearing a successful completion. In fact, numerous outings over the last several weeks would indicate the return of legitimate playoff expectations and even championship aspirations could be arriving soon. Very soon.
As a team, the young Rams are showing signs of growing up and growing up quickly. After a disheartening 1-4 start, St. Louis has reeled off four wins in its last seven games -- including victories over the Denver Broncos (9-3), Seattle Seahawks (8-4) and San Francisco 49ers (7-5).

In its latest outing -- a 52-0 beat-down of the Oakland Raiders that was one of the more dominant performances one will ever witness in the NFL -- St. Louis provided more evidence they are on the cusp of greatness following a disastrous decade of disappointment.

It was a tumultuous 10-year run that featured zero winning seasons, the worst five-year won-loss record in league history (2007-2011), no playoff appearances in the last nine campaigns and the single worst winning percentage in the NFL (.302) over the past eight years (2006-2013).

Thankfully, however, that torturous time-frame appears to quickly be nearing a close as the 2014 Rams are showing strong indications the 2015 Rams and those of subsequent seasons will likely be bona-fide postseason candidates and eventual Super Bowl challengers.

(For a look at the offense, defense, free agency and more, please click below for the full read. Thanks, as always, for being the best Rams board anywhere and for all of the support, ROD):

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/STLSports/STLRams/tabid/137/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/15588/Gray-Rams-on-Cusp-of-Greatness-After-Decade-of-Disappointment.aspx

Hi Shane,

Great read again, my friend.

I agree with your take on the team and am looking forward to the article with your view of our QB situation.

STL-Rams

Starter
Agreed! The slow start was a little disconcerting after being so high in the offseason but you can see the pieces coming together. The young players stepping up like Gaines, Bailey, and Mason to name only three among many is so encouraging. It seems like the players are finally "getting" the schemes. We still have work to do but the potential is obvious. Next year it's important to come out of the gate on fire.
THe slow start was indeed disappointing and frustrating. But, as you said, several aspects of the team are indeed "growing up". I also agree that a hot start, especially for a team that will still be young, will be a key.

STL-Rams

Starter
Prime Time is correct. Special Teams are stars in their own right! You didn't gush enough Shane!

I see it the same way Shane. This youth and the continuation of the coaching and players into 2015 could be beastly. It's a perfect storm. Even if it's Bradford/Hill/Player to be named later. Please let the Rams get a reasonable schedule. Call your people Shane, make it happen. (y)

When looking at the "great emergence" as I call it when mumbling in my sleep, being the last 6 games, my god the numbers are there.

On a downer note, IMHO, if Fisher had given Hill his shot game 4 instead of rushing to AD, this would be a playoff team right now. Why didn't he consult me, WHYYYYY? IT'S PEOPLE! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! o_O

Sorry, tangent.

THIS, Shane, is the article I've been waiting a decade to read. Thanks.

Don't forget us when the Rams dynasty rockets you to stardom as a major media consultant bro, we loved you as little Shane. (y)
RamzFanz, always love your comments. I agree with you on the STs: I should have -- and meant t0 -- touch on Hekker, GZ and Cunningham.

I agree with you that it would certainly be wonderful to see the Rams with a bit more favorable schedule for a change. They are due in that regard.

As for your comments on Hill and the timing of him returning to the lineup, in retrospect, I too cannot help but wonder where this team would be if he had been reinserted sooner.

Finally, thank you sincerely for the kind words. Wherever I end up ultimately, I will always be a part of this forum, whether that is in St. Louis for the long haul or with a national outlet. This forum is second to none. A true class act. And little Shane or bigger Shane, I will always just be me (for better or worse).

STL-Rams

Starter
Nice! Watch out NFL - the Rams are on their way.

Thanks Shane. Great read as usual.

Big thanks, RamFan503. I think you said it perfectly in saying "watch out NFL - the Rams are on their way." I couldn't agree more.

STL-Rams

Starter
Not to worry, Shane. Just messing with you. :banana: You do the best articles on the Rams we've seen here in years. Thanks for sharing what you write and hanging out with us. (y)
I love hanging out here and I appreciate the tremendous compliments greatly. Thanks, Prime Time.