NEW: Rams Must Solidify QB Position to Contend + 3 Reasons Rams Must Draft QB Early in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If Fisher wants to win now to save his job, rookie QB is not the way to get that done. You'd be better off just giving the 10th pick to Oakland for Carr if you want to win now and you just have to spend a 1st on a QB.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Who they going to get early in the draft. You going to sell the farm for Winston or Mariota? Doing so leaves you less resources to fix your biggest hole, the offensive line. People will get tired of me reciting this, but in 2011 the Titans, Jaguars, and Vikings all needed QBs. The Titans selected Jake Locker. The very next pick was Tyron Smith. After the Cowboys selected Smith the Jaguars selected Blaine Gabbert. Following the Gabbert pick the Texans selected JJ Watt. The next pick the Vikings selected Christian Ponder. Two picks later the Rams selected Robert Quinn. Now the Titans find themselves picking first in the draft. The Vikings and Jaguars have both since picked first round QBs. It would be nice if there were a legit option for us, there most likely won't be. Unless you are willing to give an RGIII type haul to move to the second or first pick there isn't a QB worthy of a first round pick. Forcing a high QB picks means we will miss out on a Smith/Watt/Quinn type player and end up looking at different QBs in 2-3 years.

The 49ers and Bengals also had QB needs in that same draft. They picked Aldon Smith and AJ Green, getting their QBs in the second round. In a perfect world a QB that is worthy if the 10th pick would be sitting right there waiting for us. But it isn't a perfect world because my alarm clock goes off at 4:30 every morning and I sadly have to work for a living.
yup, we're hosed. Our only real option for success next year is Sam remaining healthy.

jap

Legend
The Fisher King can't take any chances. Sam gets a new bionic body before training camp this upcoming season. :LOL:

Alan

Legend
STL-Rams with his reasons:
Regardless of what happens with Bradford, though, it is clear that St. Louis must utilize a premium draft pick -- defined as a round one round through three selection -- on a prospective quarterback of the future.
It will be nice to have a QB on the roster who we think could develop into a quality starter for a change won't it? Been awhile.

Good stuff Shane and thanks for posting.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
If Fisher wants to win now to save his job, rookie QB is not the way to get that done. You'd be better off just giving the 10th pick to Oakland for Carr if you want to win now and you just have to spend a 1st on a QB.
I would make that trade. Doubt oakland would.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamWoodie

Legend
Keep some SOBRIETY I say!!! You stay with Sam, hold on to Davis, and let Hill walk! I don't think the Rams go 1st round in the draft for a QB. I think the greater needs are are at safety, LB, and some OLine help.

There is flexibility there though...so it's anyone's guess what the Rams do.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Bad year to need a QB. We really need Bradford to be the comeback player of the year in 2015, and we really need a capable backup, ala Matt Hasselbeck, that can step in and take the team to the playoffs if Sam goes down again. Those draft picks need to be used very carefully to build this OL, or it really doesn't matter who is playing behind it. Unfortunately, even if we draft well, it will be tough to field a cohesive OL with rookies at key positions. These are the dilemmas that keep coaches up all night....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Bad year to need a QB. We really need Bradford to be the comeback player of the year in 2015, and we really need a capable backup, ala Matt Hasselbeck, that can step in and take the team to the playoffs if Sam goes down again. Those draft picks need to be used very carefully to build this OL, or it really doesn't matter who is playing behind it. Unfortunately, even if we draft well, it will be tough to field a cohesive OL with rookies at key positions.
Very well said, You captured my sentiments exactly.
These are the dilemmas that keep coaches up all night....
... and ROD members :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And if you miss you set the franchise back

For 4-5 or so years which people don't bring up......the 3 you give the guy you drafted until you figure out you have to replace him and the 1-2 more with a new guy you drafted.

Giving up a bunch of pics for that prospect is risky.

V3

Hall of Fame
This isn't the year to be taking a developmental QB, IMO. They missed their chance last year. This is a weak draft and I doubt anyone they take after the first will amount to anything in this league.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The more I look at the QB's that will be available in this draft, the more I wish the Rams would have taken a QB in the 2nd round last year(Garapolo).
Yup.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Something huge is coming down the pike.

This is all I can think will happen... something big that no one saw coming.

The options we are all aware of will not help Fisher get above .500 in his 4th year, IMO.

He's got to make a big splash.