New Ram Wr Vs. Sherman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
You're assuming that the refs would actually call holding if they saw it, we played 16 games last season, I don't think a single one of them was called fairly.

The more obvious the holding appears, the more foolish and incompetent the refs look. With Tavon being as small as he is, it would tend to be much more obvious when he is thrown/dragged off route by an illegal grab. If the NFL wants to be taken seriously as a legitimate sport, obvious fouls have to be called.

Last edited:
The more obvious the holding appears, the more foolish and incompetent the refs look. With Tavon being as small as he is, it would tend to be much more obvious when he is thrown/dragged off route by an illegal grab. If he NFL wants to be taken seriously as a legitimate sport, obvious fouls have to be called.

I don't think they can look much more ridiculous than the Langford rejection, they know they have a job no matter how awful they are at it.

jap

Legend
I don't think they can look much more ridiculous than the Langford rejection, they know they have a job no matter how awful they are at it.

Consistently missing obvious fouls makes any sport look illegitimate---like WWE, which is correctly called sports entertainment rather than a legitimate sport. You better believe that The Fisher King has plenty of ammunition to point to when the NFL rules committee meets. As crazy as the officiating has gotten in recent decades, there is a point where the league really will look blatantly ridiculous if they allow miscalls to go too far. Seeing a small player with elite speed & quickness being obviously bullied by a larger CB would be an egregious miscall.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put Tavon up against Sherman. He's so quick and explosive that Sherman will have some issues getting a good jam on him and if he gets a free release, Sherman ain't running with him. Plus, he's such an explosive and effortless cutter. I think he's a tough match-up for Sherman. Kind of like fighting fire with water. Instead of going big and trying to out-size a big CB, lets beat him with speed and quickness.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I'm already sick of the hype for the seacocks. I'll give them their due, SB champs good job, but openly illegal play by the DB's takes some of the shine off the Lombardi Trophy. In the immortal words of Bart Scott "can't wait" for this game Fisher is gonna show them "who their daddy is". They are about to find out it is harder to defend the title than to win the title. Hope the Rams beat the shitchickens twice in 2014!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
TBH, I think Patrick Peterson is a better corner than Sherman, definitely the most athletic.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Draft Sammy Watkins. Hire Mike Martz as OC. And Martz will have Sherman seeing red rats.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tavon Austin and Bailey, being smaller and quick/fast, were Fishers answer to the bigger, long armed DBs in the division. The best way to beat those DB's is like mentioned by Iced is speed and good route running. Watkins fits the bill. Add him to Tavon, Stedman, and Sammy would make a deadly trio for bigger DBs to keep up with.

Evans may be able to win the jump ball but his route running won't fool Seattles DBs.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Draft Sammy Watkins. Hire Mike Martz as OC. And Martz will have Sherman seeing red rats.
Sounds great ,but if you hire Martz , Sam needs the protection MORE than he needs Watkins.
This team has all the athleticism it needs at wr. what it needs is disciplined routes and communication between Sam and them,and time to throw it of course.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sounds great ,but if you hire Martz , Sam needs the protection MORE than he needs Watkins.
This team has all the athleticism it needs at wr. what it needs is disciplined routes and communication between Sam and them,and time to throw it of course.

Just sign Saffold, draft Martin, have Boudreau coach 'em up. And Martz will take care of the rest.

That's what I would do.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Just sign Saffold, draft Martin, have Boudreau coach 'em up. And Martz will take care of the rest.

That's what I would do.
Are we talking about Mike Matrz, or "Mad Mike Martz" that doesn't need a running game?

EastRam

Pro Bowler

That's what I would do.

If "BS" doesn't get this O moving then Snisher should consider bringing Martz in.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Oh the guy who hates running the ball so much his first ever draft choice was a running back ? That Mike Martz ?
Or the imaginary one people like to blame for the decline of one of the NFL's most dysfunctional organizations, you know where employees leave throat slashing comments on coaches answering machines and keep their jobs.

Mr Finesse that! ?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Watkins is not your normal WR,,, instead of looking to get down right away, he likes to deliver the punishment when he can. I love that part of his game, and I'd love to see him punk sherman for the entire world to see.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Or the imaginary one people like to blame for the decline of one of the NFL's most dysfunctional organizations, you know where employees leave throat slashing comments on coaches answering machines and keep their jobs.

Mr Finesse that! ?[/QUOTE]
Yeah Trung was a first round draft choice.
Let that sink in.
Trung in the first round, nobody is as smart as me I'm "Mad Mike Martz" :mad::mad::mad:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

Mr Finesse that! ?
Let that sink in.
Trung in the first round, nobody is as smart as me I'm "Mad Mike Martz" :mad::mad::mad:[/QUOTE]
Well FWIW he was THE LAST choice in the first round and WAS the fastest guy on the team and proved serviceable until the HAS, but NO ONE ( at least I didn't say) he was the best at personnel ( most of his worst were giving Lovie what the man insisted he needed to run his defense).I only addressed the Incognito type phone messages he got and the MYTH that he didn't like to run the ball , he drafted a RB with his first EVER pick, NOT the actions of a guy who "doesn't think he needs a running game".
FWIW though I don't know if "nobody is as smart" as him, but there aren't many who are, and to be sure he never was one to suffer fools ,so alas the fools ganged up and got rid of the "most competent man".

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Let that sink in.
Trung in the first round, nobody is as smart as me I'm "Mad Mike Martz" :mad::mad::mad:
Well FWIW he was THE LAST choice in the first round and WAS the fastest guy on the team and proved serviceable until the HAS, but NO ONE ( at least I didn't say) he was the best at personnel ( most of his worst were giving Lovie what the man insisted he needed to run his defense).I only addressed the Incognito type phone messages he got and the MYTH that he didn't like to run the ball , he drafted a RB with his first EVER pick, NOT the actions of a guy who "doesn't think he needs a running game".
FWIW though I don't know if "nobody is as smart" as him, but there aren't many who are, and to be sure he never was one to suffer fools ,so alas the fools ganged up and got rid of the "most competent man".[/QUOTE]

All parties could have handled the situation better. Part of the job is working these issues out and they were ALL too stubborn to give in.
BTW I loved the GSOT just didn't like the QB having to "take a shot" as much as MM called for it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'd have him back in and instant,hell I'd pack Shotties office for him if they asked me too.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Well he's not busy, maybe some GM will give him a call:sneaky:
I doubt it, he cooked his own goose when he outed Shaws W-L meager expectations, the old boys won't forgive Mike for that ,it'd have to be an old friend or foe HC, hell just hire him as a QB consultant /coach for Sam ,gotta wake up now been dreamin' but MAN with Fisher/Williams defenses and Martz' offense we could spank this league