(new) Puscifer album

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I lucked out winning tix from a local radio for both Tool- Halloween night and Puscifer Sunday night. Way over packed both nights. Well I got word of the new Puscifer album - Money $hot mentioned by Maynard between songs.

Can't stop listening, no wonder we'll continue to wait for a new Tool album... He's all over this one!

fearsomefour

Legend
Maynard is a brilliant weirdo.
More brilliant than weirdo however. Met him in a little bar in SLO several years ago. Interesting guy. Chilling with a back pack and seemed a little paranoid. This was before he had his winery and he was out touring around the local central coast wineries and was playing near by with Perfect Circle.
Will check out the new album, thanks for the tip.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I'm a huge Maynard fan -- love the bands TOOL, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer. Even made the pilgrimage to Jerome, AZ to visit the Caduceus tasting room and ship some of the wines home.

But I gotta be honest with Money Shot -- I'm just not feeling this album. It kinda picked up right where Donkey Punch left off....and I wasn't really a fan of that EP, either (other than their cover of "Balls to the Wall"). I wouldn't say the new album is bad -- it just seems more like meandering background music. Nothing really grabs my attention as a listener. When you compare that to earlier stuff like The Undertaker, Queen B, or Indigo Children -- or even stuff from Conditions of My Parole....well, this new album is kind of a letdown.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nicely put @HeiseNBerg , I agree. At first listen I was hooked and it hit me like in a trance or maybe the stuff I'm dealing with in life... it was soothing, yet it is missing as well. I still appreciate any new stuff Maynard puts out.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Nicely put @HeiseNBerg , I agree. At first listen I was hooked and it hit me like in a trance or maybe the stuff I'm dealing with in life... it was soothing, yet it is missing as well. I still appreciate any new stuff Maynard puts out.
I'll still give it a few more listens....maybe it'll grow on me. Some albums are like that.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Will be seeing Puscifer in April, so I figured it was time to give Money Shot another try. It's slowly growing on me.