New planet "earth like"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That's dope!

Whenever I think of space I end up with a blown mind and like an hour of my time at least gone. There's literally so much shit out there you can think about it forever.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I saw recently that NASA put in a patent for a fusion engine. Hopefully that leads somewhere. The next big innovation in propulsion is hopefully SSTO (Single-state to orbit.)

The EM drive that is supposed to be able to get us to the moon in a few hours, and Mars in about 70 days (vs about 3 days for the moon and 9 months for Mars currently) seems to work despite violating our current understanding of physics (conservation of momentum, which says that if something is launched forward, there needs to be a propellant that launches in the opposite direction to move it)... There's a really highly regarded Austrian physicist who specializes in thrusters and propulsion systems who confirmed that he has made one that produces thrust.

He just can't figure out why. :ROFLMAO:

However his opinion is pretty highly regarded, so it's probably going to start getting more looks, there's a possibility that we could develop a working EM drive for a ship without knowing how the hell it works.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Essentially yeah, but given that we don't know how life began on Earth,;)
Sure we do. A big, giant alien came billions of years ago and buried itself deep within the earth. It created the dinosaurs, got bored so it wiped them out. It decided to hibernate for awhile, so it created the ice age (it likes it cool to sleep). Then, upon awaking, it decided to create animals with a conscious (humans) strictly to fuck with for entertainment purposes. The pyramids? Mystery solved.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015...loving-aliens-prevented-nuclear-war-on-earth/

Apollo 14 astronaut claims peace-loving aliens prevented 'nuclear war' on Earth
Published August 15, 2015
FoxNews.com
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email

MithcellEdgar1.jpg

Edgar Mitchell (NASA)

From “The Day the Earth Stood Still” to “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” to “E.T.,” pop culture is filled with stories about friendly, curious extraterrestrials visiting Earth to learn more about mankind.

For Apollo 14 veteran Edgar Mitchell that plotline is less fiction than it is reality. The sixth man to walk the surface of the moon told Mirror online that he believes peace-keeping aliens visited our planet to prevent a nuclear war between Russia and the United States.

The idea sounds far-fetched, but Mitchell claims that military insiders viewed strange flying crafts cruising over U.S. missile bases and the White Sands facility in New Mexico, the site of the first-ever nuclear bomb detonation in 1945.

“They wanted to know about our military capabilities,” he said. “My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth.”

Mitchell, who grew up near the famous Roswell site in New Mexico, said that he has heard from various Air Force officers who claim UFOs were a regular site during the Cold War.

“They told me UFOs were frequently seen overhead and often disabled their missiles,” he added. “Other officers from bases on the Pacific coast told me their (test) missiles were frequently shot down by alien spacecraft.”

Some are understandably skeptical about this theory that diplomatic aliens have traveled the cosmos to disarm U.S. military weapons.

“Given that the Universe is around 14 billion years old, if we’re being visited, it’s unlikely we’re dealing with a civilization just a few hundred years ahead of us, so stories of aliens managing to disrupt a few of our weapons tests are far-fetched,” Nick Pope, former Ministry of Defense UFO researcher, told Mirror online. “Chances are they’d be millions of years ahead of us and could do anything they wanted to.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm. I dunno. I believe it is very likely there is life out there... But I don't believe they've visited us.

If they could, why not make their presence known? Crop circles are not it.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Hmm. I dunno. I believe it is very likely there is life out there... But I don't believe they've visited us.

If they could, why not make their presence known? Crop circles are not it.
I agree. And crop circles aren't hard using basic geometry. The pyramids are definitely a mystery, and I'm not sure how humans could have built them, but aliens aren't involved in that, either (imo).
What if aliens are observing us right now, but since they're so far away the dinosaurs they are seeing have them like, "fuck that shit." Lol

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree. And crop circles aren't hard using basic geometry. The pyramids are definitely a mystery, and I'm not sure how humans could have built them, but aliens aren't involved in that, either (imo).
What if aliens are observing us right now, but since they're so far away the dinosaurs they are seeing have them like, "freak that crap." Lol
%279)__@E22J@!......alien signals decoded....."Brady is a cheater"

bluecoconuts

Legend
There isn't a single astronaut that doesn't believe in aliens.

That doesn't mean that they have visited, but they're out there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/sp...ical-radio-waves-deep-space-baffle-scientists

Are aliens trying to contact us? Mathematical radio waves from deep space baffle scientists
Strange bursts of radio waves have a pattern that can't be explained by known phenomenon.
By: Bryan Nelson

In the 1997 film "Contact," which was an adaptation of a novel written by Carl Sagan, an astrophysicist played by Jodie Foster becomes the first human to make contact with an extraterrestrial civilization after detecting a strong, patterned radio signal from outer space.

Though fictional, the movie may have been prophetic. For the last 15 years, scientists have been detecting strange radio bursts from deep space that appear mathematical in nature, reports New Scientist. The fact that they display a mathematical pattern is the linchpin: There are no known natural phenomenon capable of generating radio bursts with this kind of pattern.

So either these radio waves represent some yet undiscovered celestial event, or they are being produced by some kind of technology. In other words, if they do have a technological origin and they aren't being generated by us, that means they could be signals from an extraterrestrial intelligence. Yep, that's right: aliens.

The reason this may be the first you've heard about these potential alien radio broadcasts is that scientists still aren't entirely sure what to make of them. There are a lot of possible explanations that don't involve little green men. But the fact that scientists can't rule out the possibility of an alien origin is rather mind-blowing, if not downright frightening.

Fast radio bursts

The signals have been given a name: fast radio bursts, or FRBs. They last just a few milliseconds but they're incredibly powerful, with the energy equivalent to what the sun releases in a month. Ten of these bursts have been detected since 2001, the most recent of which was captured live in 2014 at the Parkes Observatory in New South Wales, Australia.

The brevity of the bursts is particularly unusual because it means their source has to be extremely small, hundreds of kilometers across at most. And because they exhibit such a high pulse dispersion — a measure of the distance between the arrival of higher frequency waves within the signal compared to lower frequency waves — scientists believe they come from very far away, possibly another galaxy entirely.

All 10 of the bursts detected so far have dispersion measures that are multiples of a single number: 187.5. That's the mathematical regularity that is hard to shake off. The breakdown of the pattern implies five sources for the bursts all at regularly spaced distances from Earth, billions of light-years away. Scientists have calculated this to be a five in 10,000 probability of a coincidence. In other words, not likely.

"If the pattern is real, it is very, very hard to explain," said John Learned, a scientist at the University of Hawaii in Manoa who analyzed the FRBs.

Other possibilities

There are a few known cosmic objects capable of producing bursts of radio waves. For instance, dense remnant stars called pulsars produce them, just not with such regularity or with as much power as observed in FRBs. Still, perhaps there are some undiscovered superdense stars that operate according to an underlying physics we don't yet understand, which are spitting these radio waves across the cosmos. That's one possible natural explanation, though mere conjecture at this point.

Some other scientists have theorized that FRBs could come from what is known as a "contact" binary star system, two stars orbiting each other at an extremely close distance.

It's also possible that the signals are coming from something human. Perhaps an unmapped spy satellite is hovering about, appearing to send signals from deep space.

Human sources can be difficult to rule out. For instance, back in 2010 the Parkes Observatory picked up 16 pulses with similar characteristics to FRBs that turned out to be signals generated from microwave ovens operated at the Parkes facility. Though these signals were clearly of terrestrial origin, unlike FRBs, it goes to show that there may well be a simpler, human explanation for FRBs that has yet to be identified.

The E.T. theory

If the radio bursts do turn out to be beacons from extraterrestrials, which is a possibility that can't be ruled out, then there are some exciting but scary scenarios to consider. FRBs would not be easy messages to send. The amount of energy required to send such powerful bursts from another galaxy is hard to fathom. Such alien technology would be far more advanced than anything we can imagine, with the ability to harness power equivalent to the sun.

In other words, any face-to-face encounter with such a civilization may not end well for us, if they turn out to be hostile.

Ultimately, scientists will need more evidence before any firmer conclusions can be drawn about the origin of these FRBs. More of the signals will need to be detected, for instance, just to establish that they do all represent a consistent pattern. With only 10 signals to work with currently, the sample size isn't very large. It's difficult not to be electrified by the possibilities, however.

"There is something really interesting we need to understand. This will either be new physics, like a new kind of pulsar, or, in the end, if we can exclude everything else, an ET," said Michael Hippke of the Institute for Data Analysis in Neukirchen-Vluyn, Germany. "When you set out to search for something new you might find something unexpected."