LEGEND New Movie Trailers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Universal is going to try and reboot all their classic 1930's / 1940's movie monsters , all into a shared Universe

The way Marvel Studios has been doing with their comic book movies

Universal Pictures , will be bringing back such characters as the Wolfman , Frankenstein , Dracula , and others , and they will all coexist

And if you noticed , Russell Crow in the trailer , he's playing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde , and Johnny Depp has apparently been inked to play The Invisible man

So basically , The Mummy is the first , of which I'm sure Universal Studio is hoping , will be many more classic monster reboots , where each movie will cross over into the other , the same way Marvel does with the Avengers

Me personally , I love the idea , now will it work .......................we'll wait and see

universal_monsters_625.jpg

Van Helsing was a revolutionary film in this regard. It tied together many of the old Monster stories all into one film. Van Helsing was Dr. Frankenstein's partner that disagreed with his experiments. In 'Van Helsing' the movie he was the hero and Frankenstein's monster was a misunderstood freak that was actually good at heart, but he was created to help Dracula bring his children to life. Dracula commissioned Dr. Frankenstein to create the monster. Dracula brought about a werewolf to help him do his bidding and also to attempt to power his machine that would awaken his babies. There is an appearance from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in the beginning as the Vatican is responsible for charging Van Helsing with dispatching the many monsters throughout the world.

Upon watching the Mummy trailer I instantly wondered who is the character played by Tom Cruise? Is it similar to the Van Helsing character in the movie by the same name?

I also figure that it will be another 'Tom Cruise' movie. So many of his films seem the same because he acts the same in all of them.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Final Skull Island trailer

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
teaser for tomorrows new trailer

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Van Helsing was a revolutionary film in this regard. It tied together many of the old Monster stories all into one film. Van Helsing was Dr. Frankenstein's partner that disagreed with his experiments. In 'Van Helsing' the movie he was the hero and Frankenstein's monster was a misunderstood freak that was actually good at heart, but he was created to help Dracula bring his children to life. Dracula commissioned Dr. Frankenstein to create the monster. Dracula brought about a werewolf to help him do his bidding and also to attempt to power his machine that would awaken his babies. There is an appearance from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in the beginning as the Vatican is responsible for charging Van Helsing with dispatching the many monsters throughout the world.

Upon watching the Mummy trailer I instantly wondered who is the character played by Tom Cruise? Is it similar to the Van Helsing character in the movie by the same name?

I also figure that it will be another 'Tom Cruise' movie. So many of his films seem the same because he acts the same in all of them.
Yea , watching the Mummy trailer , you defiantly get the Tom Cruise vibe , but , the creative team behind all the upcoming Universal Monsters movies , are the guys that have brought us the Mission Impossible and The Fast and the Furious movies , which all pretty good actions movies , now we'll just have to wait and see if they can make a monster movie , or even more , an entire universe of monster movies

As far as Tom Cruise , no , he doesn't appear to be the Van Helsing type character , their actually working on a separate Van Halsing movie

But who Tom Cruise is in the Mummy

this is my guess , and only a guess , but I think Russell Crowes , Dr Jekyll is behind everything , he's the one who had them bring the mummy back to his place , and I think Dr Jekyll is doing all kinds of hidden experiments

In the trailer they at least make it look like Tom Cruise died in that plane crash , then he wakes up on the morgue table , so does Dr Jekyll have a way of brining him back to life , and will this have anything to do with Frankenstein

And it sounds like Van Helsing will be very unlike Huge Jackman's version , they said it will be much scarier if he's one guy in the room , that is NOT a monster , just an average guy who has to survive on his wit alone

I think Dr Jekyll is the guy pulling all the strings

the-mummy-jekyll-russell-crowe-slice-600x200.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Mummy Featurette

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yea , watching the Mummy trailer , you defiantly get the Tom Cruise vibe , but , the creative team behind all the upcoming Universal Monsters movies , are the guys that have brought us the Mission Impossible and The Fast and the Furious movies , which all pretty good actions movies , now we'll just have to wait and see if they can make a monster movie , or even more , an entire universe of monster movies

As far as Tom Cruise , no , he doesn't appear to be the Van Helsing type character , their actually working on a separate Van Halsing movie

But who Tom Cruise is in the Mummy

this is my guess , and only a guess , but I think Russell Crowes , Dr Jekyll is behind everything , he's the one who had them bring the mummy back to his place , and I think Dr Jekyll is doing all kinds of hidden experiments

In the trailer they at least make it look like Tom Cruise died in that plane crash , then he wakes up on the morgue table , so does Dr Jekyll have a way of brining him back to life , and will this have anything to do with Frankenstein

And it sounds like Van Helsing will be very unlike Huge Jackman's version , they said it will be much scarier if he's one guy in the room , that is NOT a monster , just an average guy who has to survive on his wit alone

I think Dr Jekyll is the guy pulling all the strings

the-mummy-jekyll-russell-crowe-slice-600x200.jpg

You are probably onto something with Crowd's character. There has to be a bigger force behind things. Random monsters isn't enough. I never could get into Fast and the Furious. Ditto for Mission Impossible. I am skeptical about this project. The old time monsters don't have the universal appeal that they used to...unlike Marvel comics. Casting Tom Cruise in the lead seems like a mistake. It gives it a feel of just more of the same. As leading men go I always felt Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt were some of the worst actors.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Holy...........

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Won't bother with newest CGI Kong
Not in a hurry to see Star Trek the Fast and the Furious
Waiting to see Star Wars Rogue One in my home theatre
Waiting for Westworld on home video so i can binge watch it
Looking forward to War for POTA on the big screen
Skeptical on Alien but will probably see on the big screen

bnw

Pro Bowler
Then you'll love this too.

Can't wait...... much like this log I'm trying to hold back from my diaper. I will see that movie and I will maintain sole possession of my diaper even if I have to fling poo to do so. The dog licked my hand clean and got blamed for my log last time so I've got that covered.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The full Justice League trailer comes out on Saturday , but it looks like Warner Brothers is gonna tease us until then

C7nZNrnVYAAfFLc.jpg:large

C7oJ7qyVQAA-Wnw.jpg:large

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Flash

c7o9w1kvyaefpgi-1.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Psycho_X

Legend
I can't decide if the Justice League trailer is good or trying too hard to be like Marvel and still falling short.