New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here it is. While it is not guaranteed to pass, it is a pretty important item to watch. If this goes to a vote of the public, do any of you have any idea when that would take place and do those of you from St Louis have a pulse on whether it would pass? You can PM me with your takes on this. I am thinking about doing a post on what people in the Lou see coming of this.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_2e2020d1-1064-52b1-9501-62700ddfd683.html

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Another article on the vote being proposed by the city aldermen. This was sent to me by @ChrisW and it has more detail than the PD article. Go figure - right? Anyway, this one answers the question of when a vote would occur and also talks about a bill that Mayor Slay is proposing that would pass the funding without a public vote.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/...s-bill-would-put-city-stadium-funding-to.html

I would also like to add that the best way for those of you here on ROD to get your opinion seen on this is to write, call, and email your aldermen and mayor. If any of you would like to PM me a list of that contact information, I will post it here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just a heads-up. @LetsGoRams just informed me that the NFL hearing for St Louis has "sold out" if you will. They are not taking any new registrations as apparently they will have a full house already.

upload_2015-10-22_15-3-40-png.10801

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Apparently the Mayor's office has released a financing plan or has backed a plan by the task force. I'm honestly not sure which after reading this article. There is also very little in the form of details and apparently what was released was only a draft. But here you go and thanks @ChrisW for sending it to me. The article says to check back as it is a developing story. Hopefully they will develop some details. :D

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_692b29a4-f2b6-52ed-8664-7ac04a28b7c7.html

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sent to me by @Prime Time Fabiani has stated that the Chargers will file for relocation. I realize this isn't a big surprise but some have theorized that only one or two teams will file for relocation, and those are the teams the NFL will have already decided would be moving. If so, this is meaningful, if not, it is just Fabiani doing his usual shtick to get in front of the microphones again. I'll let you decide.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-confirms-theyll-apply-for-relocation-to-l-a/

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey guys. A long time member here @Sum1 is going to be at the public hearing. He was wondering if anyone else here is going to be there. If you are, please PM him to let him know. He has also agreed to give me a report after the meeting that I can post here. If anyone else is going to be there and can give me a report as well, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and GO RAMS!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Regarding the Townhall, I would have to say that the last speaker might have been the most eloquent and convincing. For those of you who missed it, I will post the video if the NFL puts it up. If one of you sees a link to the video of the townhall, please PM it to me and I will post it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As promised, here is the report from @Sum1 after attending the town hall meeting. We are considering doing a Q&A for those with further questions.

Here's a few points from the meeting:

For the most part, St. Louis was well represented. The tone for the most part was pro STL as opposed to negativity toward LA, though it would be disingenuous of me to say that there wasn't any of that. People were passionate and with a few exceptions presented very intelligently and with a lot of thought and consideration.

I think even those that are hoping the team leaves St. Louis can appreciate that the fans did their best to hold Eric Grubman and the other execs accountable when questions were asked, alas Grubman is a professional at the non-answer.

Randy Karraker was easily the highlight as he spoke from his heart as a fan, not as a radio host. He was emotional about being a professional football fan and being a true St. Louisan. He made several points regarding the relocation guidelines. He spokes of the lack of communication of Stan Kroenke. And a great takeaway was when he presented pictures of 31 owners working in the community. The only owner you can't find a picture of doing this is Stan.

The execs on a few different occasions on the night spoke to the passion of the St. Louis fans. The female exec (her last name was Hogan I believe) concluded that she believes that St. Louis is as passionate as any city in the league and the evening reminded her of what she loves about football and that is the relationships and connections (paraphrasing there...).

At one point a woman got up to talk about football and how it brings people together as a community and how important that can be. It was one of the best speeches of the night. Eric Grubman got up afterward (one of the few times he offered anything without being directly asked) that she gave the best description of a community that he's ever heard.

Another gentleman tried to speak but was so overcome with emotion his wife read his thoughts to us. He was 81 years old and described himself as the oldest Rams fan. He says this because he lived in Cleveland when the Rams came into existence and worked for the stadium. He was hooked. He followed the team to Los Angeles. Some years after the Rams moved to St. Louis his wife got a job offer in the St. Louis metro area. He told her she was taking the job because that's "Where my Rams are". Throughout the night when people would bring up LA he became animated stating that the team needs to stay in St. Louis because it's been a better home for the team. (And please don't take this out on me, I'm just reporting what was said) He also very vocally stated that LA has a much better soccer presence than football. Much of this was after Eric Grubman was asked about previous NFL teams in LA, in which he proclaimed that they failed.

There were a couple people that used the townhall meeting to speak against the stadium, which was clearly the wrong forum to do so. One lady spoke against using tax dollars and people were courteous to her and let her speak, but like I said the correct forum for that would have been to the BoA or the task force, not this meeting. The other person was there to sabotage the event to discuss racial inequality and other non-Rams related issues in St. Louis. Eric Grubman even seemed caught off guard and said to her that this meeting isn't to discuss or fix St. Louis problems...which promptly was followed by the real intention of this lady, the 4 or 5 protestors that were holding banners and were really quite embarrassing. But security hauled them away within seconds and the program continued very productively.

The guidelines were obviously a big point of discussion, as was the absence of Stan Kroenke. The work of the task force was highlighted by Grubman as he said that San Diego is about 10-12 months behind what St.Louis has done and Oakland hasn't done a thing. He also wanted to make it clear that he was the one that negotiated the Minnesota deal, not their ownership and that St. Louis very easily could have the same result, though he did not make any promises throughout the evening.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here is the link to the full version of the town hall meeting. Thanks to @Psycho_X for being the first to send it to me. Though we were wanting to wait for a YouTube link, I felt that we needed to put this up while it was fresh as possible.

For a more personal view of the meeting, please read the on the scene report by our own @Sum1 While we are seeing if a Q&A would work, Sum1 has said that members could PM him with specific questions. I really appreciate him giving us this inside view.

So here's the link to the meeting:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...fans-greet-nfl-executives-at-st-louis-hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.