New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
And the CVC is left hoping the NFL will do what they chose not to do: Force the Rams to stay in St. Louis

giphy.gif

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Well, I was using blue font, not really making any argument or statement. But I believe the the point was that the NFL was supportive if we got our ducks lined up, not that it would be a game set and match. We realize that Stan needs to buy in. I do believe that this means that if we get our stuff lined out the NFL will push a little to keep St Louis as an NFL market, especially since it doesn't seem likely that the other two situations will be solved in their home markets. That's all.

To be honest my comment was more a touch of sarcasm. Lately it seems that any news or argument that seems to look good for ST Louis is raked over looking for flaws. Almost gleefully at times. Any statement resembling "this may be good" is guaranteed to get a multi paragraph response pointing out how very little is good for ST Louis.
Amen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
"They also talk about the anonymous letter from an NFL executive that Dan Sileo read on air Tuesday with John Gennaro. Was it written by Mark Fabiani? They seem to think so until Sileo joins them in studio and madness ensues."

From that, you write:

From there, you say:

I dunno... that seems like a lot of dot connecting where I can't see any dots.

Maybe I am missing something concrete.

Special counsel to the team went and did something like that on his own without vetting it with his bosses? You think Demoff goes out and does or says things that Kroenke doesn't want him to?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
According the Vinny Bonsignore Fabiani was hired to play the role of bad cop so Spanos won't have to. Seems like their strategy is to be combative with San Diego and their efforts. What's their end game? Who knows?

The Rams are doing the opposite. They seem to be giving the appearance of at least not criticizing the St. Louis efforts. Maybe even showing interest. Are they sincere? Who knows.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke has already started building in Inglewood:

per Fred Roggin, right now......He said he found out last night..Sewers and all the stuff thats below the ground are being installed for the stadium..This is from Inglewood Project builders....So the whole lets have a meeting before December before Kroenke starts building the thing, is moot.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

per Fred Roggin, right now......He said he found out last night..Sewers and all the stuff thats below the ground are being installed for the stadium..This is from Inglewood Project builders....So the whole lets have a meeting before December before Kroenke starts building the thing, is moot.

Sounds more like hype to me. He'd need specific permits that would show up on Inglewood's city website to start any construction on a stadium. We know Inglewood is going to be a large development regardless of what gets built there, show me the permits and I'm a believer.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, if this Fred Roggin said it (through anonymous sources, right? ;)), then it must be true!:whistle:

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Breach of contract is a big deal, it does usually represent a business decision by one of the parties not to abide by the contract, and is usually followed by litigation.

But the CVC DID NOT breach the contract, nor did the Rams. Breach of contract is a legal term that means someone didn't fulfill their legal responsibilities. Both sides satisfied the terms of the lease, the CVC exercised their right to decline the arbiters' decision, the Rams exercised their right to a year to year lease.

Source?

Jk. I know you haven't seen the actual contract......have you?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol..Ok....I am reporting what I heard. I'm different I guess, in that I give zero credibility to St Louis Press, and some of you feel the same about Fred Roggin..fair enough.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Well, if this Fred Roggin said it (through anonymous sources, right? ;)), then it must be true!:whistle:

I'd say Fred Roggin's reports on Inglewood are likely to be credible. He's got the mayor doing monthly check ins with his radio show. How much more do you really need?

rick6fan

UDFA
Source?

Jk. I know you haven't seen the actual contract......have you?

I have read portions, though not all, of the lease for a class on sports financing. I am going from memory as they wouldn't let us take copies out of the classroom. Interestingly, the professor of the class opined that the deal wasn't really that bad for St. Louis as opposed to not having a team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds more like hype to me. He'd need specific permits that would show up on Inglewood's city website to start any construction on a stadium. We know Inglewood is going to be a large development regardless of what gets built there, show me the permits and I'm a believer.

See you guys take this point of view and are combative about any reports surrounding Inglewood then you wonder why people take the same approach to anything reported about St Louis. Turnabout is fair play and you inspire people to behave just like you with your actions. The truth is both sides of this possible relocation act the same way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say Fred Roggin's reports on Inglewood are likely to be credible. He's got the mayor doing monthly check ins with his radio show. How much more do you really need?

He's just as reliable as Bernie or JT. And he's just as well liked as them also.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
See you guys take this point of view and are combative about any reports surrounding Inglewood then you wonder why people take the same approach to anything reported about St Louis. Turnabout is fair play and you inspire people to behave just like you with your actions. The truth is both sides of this possible relocation act the same way.

Where was I combative? I just said that I would need to see the permits, which are public record, to believe Roggin.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point, I'm convinced that some people just participate in this thread just for the sake of the debate.
I think its safe to say that the majority of the people participate in the thread for the sake of debate.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

[
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.