New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMotes

Starter
Aren't there already businesses leaving? I thought Busch was moving and a few others as well... I figure it'd probably be related more to politics than a football team... As long as the Cards are there I can't see how anyone could say that St Louis is a second class city, but maybe I'm biased.

My thoughts exactly. Businesses are leaving, corporate money drying up, that's one of the reasons the Rams may leave, which will, in all likelihood, make the problem worse...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
While I don't think I'd like it much, I don't know how much it will actually come into play in any kind of decision, nor should it.

The point that he fails to get is it's Demoff they need to hear from, he's the front man from Kroenke. If people haven't figured out yet this they're going to keep on being upset for nothing during this whole process. Lets look at the situation as a whole.

Goodell heads the NFL but he has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
Stanos has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
Carson stadium has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
The city of St Louis/Gov. Nixon has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
Kroenke has a front man for the team and Inglewood doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are not ok with this and they can't figure it out.

tonyl711

Starter
And one simple fact keeps going over your head and you fail to understand it. Kroenke is not the point man either he has assigned those duties to Demoff.
no he is not the point man, He is the owner, and as the owner IMO he should be heard from.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no he is not the point man, He is the owner, and as the owner IMO he should be heard from.

That low flying plane just keeps buzzing right over your head.

tonyl711

Starter
The point that he fails to get is it's Demoff they need to hear from, he's the front man from Kroenke. If people haven't figured out yet this they're going to keep on being upset for nothing during this whole process. Lets look at the situation as a whole.

Goodell heads the NFL but he has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
Stanos has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
Carson stadium has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
The city of St Louis/Gov. Nixon has a front man doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are ok with this.
Kroenke has a front man for the team and Inglewood doing the leg work and talking to the media. People are not ok with this and they can't figure it out.
Goodell has a front man yes, does he still take calls and do interviews? yes
Spanos has a front man yes, does he refuse to take calls? NO
Carson stagium has a front man yes, but do the Riaders and Chargers snub them? NO
St Louis has a front man who has talked more than once about how he cant get Stan to talk to him.
Stan is an owner with a city in his hands and refuses to say anything, so yeah i dont want to hear his lackey, i want to hear from him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goodell has a front man yes, does he still take calls and do interviews? yes
Spanos has a front man yes, does he refuse to take calls? NO
Carson stagium has a front man yes, but do the Riaders and Chargers snub them? NO
St Louis has a front man who has talked more than once about how he cant get Stan to talk to him.
Stan is an owner with a city in his hands and refuses to say anything, so yeah i dont want to hear his lackey, i want to hear from him.

Then give him a call I'm sure he'd love to hear your demands on his time.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That low flying plane just keeps buzzing right over your head.
and yours too,
Let's keep the attitude out of it before daddy comes home. Tony makes a good point. Almost every owner speaks to the media. I would love to have Jerry Jones over Kroenke at this point. At least he likes the fans.

I understand what you're trying to say but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's keep the attitude out of it before daddy comes home. Tony makes a good point. Almost every owner speaks to the media. I would love to have Jerry Jones over Kroenke at this point. At least he likes the fans.

I understand what you're trying to say but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Some do and some don't. Most have their football people talking for them and they pay them good money to do so.

People need to get over the fact that Stan doesn't operate the way other owners do. Getting pissed off about it isn't going to help any. Go to youtube and see how many video's there are of Stan talking then search Demoff. If that doesn't give people a clue then there's not much hope for them. Stan talks when he wants to talk and it's amazing that people haven't figured it out by now.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
My thoughts exactly. Businesses are leaving, corporate money drying up, that's one of the reasons the Rams may leave, which will, in all likelihood, make the problem worse...
The city of St. Louis has 14 Fortune 1000 companies, fyi. Should the Rams stay, they shouldn't have problems with corporate sponsors. I think this has been stated by someone before, can't remember who.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Aren't there already businesses leaving? I thought Busch was moving and a few others as well... I figure it'd probably be related more to politics than a football team... As long as the Cards are there I can't see how anyone could say that St Louis is a second class city, but maybe I'm biased.
Anheuser Busch isn't leaving St. Louis, though they did announce that there sales and marketing dept will be moving to New York. Also (as I stated above), there are 14 fortune 1000 companies in the area. I think the second class city statement by Karraker may be going overboard.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And one simple fact keeps going over your head and you fail to understand it. Kroenke is not the point man either he has assigned those duties to Demoff.
Ok... I have to step in here. "Going over your head"?... "fail to understand"?

Don't do this. I get that you don't agree with him on what is going on but....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And the other point is that we're fans. He is from the Lou and has every right not to like how it seems to be going down.

He's not getting upset for nothing. There is a real possibility that his team - OUR team - is potentially going to be ripped from his city. Do you really expect him to not want to hear something from the actual owner? Hell - I do and I don't live there.

The fact is that we've heard from every one of those people you say has a front man but not Stan.

I'd be upset too about that if it was my city. Georgia gave the city of LA nothing too. Were you not pissed about that?

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

You calling me daddy? :love:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
When did the St Louis metro area start losing businesses? We've got plenty. The city may be Idk, but drive 5 minutes and you'll find plenty. Drive 15 min down I64 to the west county and you'll find nothing but construction on new stores and businesses. The reason the Rams have little corporate support is because they lose games, they lose them in sloppy undisciplined ways, and the owner treats pretty much everyone like an unimportant subordinate. To say it's because we don't have enough business is a smear job. It's a narrative apparently being bought into by some. I don't know if it fits people's preconceived notions of how a Midwest city is, or it makes people feel better about their chances of getting our team, but if the lack of businesses narrative had any basis in fact the Blues and the Cardinals would also have problems. Shockingly, they do not. Want monetary support from business? Try having a winning season once every decade or so. Try working the room. Just saying, "I'm Stan Kroenke, buy boxes for my team but don't speak to me or talk to me directly" doesn't work. Surprisingly, deleted who owns the losingest team in this century doesn't do much for other executives.

Last edited by a moderator:

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
They approved the lease with the right to relocate in there so it's not irrelevant. It was known what happens when the lease went year to year from the beginning by the NFL, the Rams and the CVC.

Yes actually it is, no organization is going to write their own rule on relocation into the lease. It adds a level of possible legal action that no organization would want. Thy will want the lease to give their member maximum flexability whiel keeping the internal limitation (in this cae the requirements for relocation of franchise) internal. If they let it get written into the leases then their own rule may be litigated and argued by outside parties in ways they do not want. They don't want the city of STL arguing with the rams what level of negotiation is needed between the city and franchise to be allowed to call ita reasonable level, they want that kept strictly between the franchise and the league. They would do this for two reasons (At least) 1) they would not want a case to set precedent 2) if they change their rule then what do they do....change 20+ leases. The other thing is if the league and Rams went to court over it the fact that it wasn't in the lease, and or the wording in the lease regarding moving would be a non factor - the league would be arguing violation of league policy not violation of a lease....the lease would be irrelevent to the case between the two.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Yes actually it is, no organization is going to write their own rule on relocation into the lease. It adds a level of possible legal action that no organization would want. Thy will want the lease to give their member maximum flexability whiel keeping the internal limitation (in this cae the requirements for relocation of franchise) internal. If they let it get written into the leases then their own rule may be litigated and argued by outside parties in ways they do not want. They don't want the city of STL arguing with the rams what level of negotiation is needed between the city and franchise to be allowed to call ita reasonable level, they want that kept strictly between the franchise and the league. They would do this for two reasons (At least) 1) they would not want a case to set precedent 2) if they change their rule then what do they do....change 20+ leases. The other thing is if the league and Rams went to court over it the fact that it wasn't in the lease, and or the wording in the lease regarding moving would be a non factor - the league would be arguing violation of league policy not violation of a lease....the lease would be irrelevent to the case between the two.

The NFL makes certain exceptions to teams as compromises. They give additional rights and take them away too.

If it went to court it can be said that the approval for the lease which the NFL did, gives the Rams the option to relocate. The leases are scrutinized heavily and the NFL will change them if it's not in their interest. The precedent set would be that cities don't need to honor their leases because the NFL won't support the teams. The NFL can't selectively honor provisions in leases that they approved. The NFL knew prior to arbitration that if the Rams won and the city didn't meet the deadline the the Rams had the right to negotiate and sign a lease with anyone plus the right to relocate. The relocation guidelines are only league policy and can be changed at anytime by the commissioner, they fall under his duties from 8.5 where as the lease is a legal contract.

NFL has changed agreements and rewrote leases. Al Davis challenged the NFL on this in regards to Hollywood Park and he lost.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im done with you, your doing nothing but trying to bait me, you know what im saying.

I know exactly what you're saying and I'm telling you it doesn't matter if he isn't talking. It's his choice to hire somebody to do the talking for him just like every other lead man in this situation, it's his choice to get in front of a mic or not. And people getting pissed off at him for doing this and not at others is pointless and irrational. I get that people in St Louis hate him for the potential move. But he gets criticism for things that the others get a pass at.

Status
Not open for further replies.