New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I see your point blue4 but I live here and take the pulse of the hood and it is consistent with this board and the NFL poll which had Rams fans in LA outnumbering Raiders fans 5 to 1 with the Chargers half of that.

Ah, but the Chargers and Raiders are not in LA. They are in SD and Oakland which is nowhere near the same market from what I've been told here. So why would they have fans there? Like I was asking before, what if LA had gotten another team and a new stadium? Would there be Rams fans left? I'm sure there'd be Cardinals fans left here too, if not for the fact we narrowly missed an expansion team (which started cutting the cardinals ties) and then got another team. Which won the SB. I'm not doubting there are Rams fans there, I was responding to what I took as a very mild dig at STL fans for being willing to accept teams that want to come here. What I'm doubting is that there would still be Rams fans in LA if say, the Vikings would have moved there years ago and had success.

bluecoconuts

Legend

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ah, but the Chargers and Raiders are not in LA. They are in SD and Oakland which is nowhere near the same market from what I've been told here. So why would they have fans there? Like I was asking before, what if LA had gotten another team and a new stadium? Would there be Rams fans left? I'm sure there'd be Cardinals fans left here too, if not for the fact we narrowly missed an expansion team (which started cutting the cardinals ties) and then got another team. Which won the SB. I'm not doubting there are Rams fans there, I was responding to what I took as a very mild dig at STL fans for being willing to accept teams that want to come here. What I'm doubting is that there would still be Rams fans in LA if say, the Vikings would have moved there years ago and had success.

I see a lot of Steelers stickers, and had a few good friends who were Packers fans. I see a lot of 49er fans as well, it's just what happens when there is no team. A lot of those people would jump on the "whatever team is here" bandwagon, but there would likely still be many Rams fans still here as well. A lot of those fans are fans for life, doesn't matter who is where.

beej

Rookie
Nothing, I wouldn't read into that, its just Kevin doing his job. He's smart enough to know to act like everything is normal, even if there's big things going on. It doesn't mean anything in terms of will they won't they. They could be planning a move tomorrow and he would probably say that.
LOL! if it's Pro-LA then it's "See! this is what I'm trying to tell ya!"
if it's Pro STL then it's "Yeah...just ignore that..."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
TBH, I find the ability some St Louisans have shown to be city first fans admirable. To me, it shows civic pride in a sense, supporting another team that buys in and wants to be here, moving on to the future. much better than moping over an organization that tells us to get lost. But if course, that's just my view of things. No right or wrong answers.
I agree. It is admirable. Absolutely nothing wrong with being a homer to your city.

bluecoconuts

Legend
LOL! if it's Pro-LA then it's "See! this is what I'm trying to tell ya!"
if it's Pro STL then it's "Yeah...just ignore that..."

No, there are things that are worth noting and things that aren't. If Demoff tweets how much he loves In N Out that doesn't mean much either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Please use another team for your analogy like maybe the Jags or Bills. Though I don't care for either one of those teams, the very thought of the LA Viqueens makes me puke in my mouth. And note the absence of blue font. :cool:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Please use another team for your analogy like maybe the Jags or Bills. Though I don't care for either one of those teams, the very thought of the LA Viqueens makes me puke in my mouth. And note the absence of blue font. :cool:
Hey watch it buddy. we've already been though enough up here lol

rick6fan

UDFA
Nothing, I wouldn't read into that, its just Kevin doing his job. He's smart enough to know to act like everything is normal, even if there's big things going on. It doesn't mean anything in terms of will they won't they. They could be planning a move tomorrow and he would probably say that.

It may mean nothing, it may be him trying to ease St. Louis fan's fears. The only certainty was ...Deleted - Keep it about the post

Last edited by a moderator:

beej

Rookie
No, there are things that are worth noting and things that aren't. If Demoff tweets how much he loves In N Out that doesn't mean much either.
Post deleted - I'll tell you what - I think Bluecoconuts is able to see the humor here but I don't like the tone of the post. It strikes me as calling someone out. We're not going to go there. I realize you may have been just ribbing him but....

Stu

bluecoconuts

Legend
Post deleted - Sorry Blue - I understand wanting to respond to this and I don't think you were out of line but I'm going to end it right here.

We don't need this kind of tit for tat and I urge everyone involved to let it go right here.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I had In-N-Out before. I don't understand what all the hubbub is all about. It's your typical diner burger. Nothing beats home cooked anyway.

Carry on.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I had In-N-Out before. I don't understand what all the hubbub is all about. It's your typical diner burger. Nothing beats home cooked anyway.

Carry on.
I would say that In n Out is just a good ole burger. Nothing amazing about the food itself. Just done well, far better than most fast food, and fast and consistent. But yeah - it's a burger. And though there are some "secret" options, you get only what they do and do well. Want a chicken samich? Go somewhere else. Onion rings? Nope.

The real amazing thing - at least for a restaurateur - is watching the operation. I have been to thousands of restaurants of all types and am always amazed at how close to perfect the In n Out chains are operated. Notice that no matter where your counter person is from, they look you straight in the eye, speak to you in clear English, repeat your order, and count your change back to you. Watch as something hits the floor (cuz you can see everything in the kitchen). It is immediately picked up by the next person bye. The place is always packed yet flows like none other I have seen. It truly is amazing.

When we visit CA, I'll admit that we go to an In n Out several times. I know I'm going to get a pretty good burger for a fairly good price and from a place that is unafraid to show me how my meal was made.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I would say that In n Out is just a good ole burger. Nothing amazing about the food itself. Just done well, far better than most fast food, and fast and consistent. But yeah - it's a burger. And though there are some "secret" options, you get only what they do and do well. Want a chicken samich? Go somewhere else. Onion rings? Nope.

The real amazing thing - at least for a restaurateur - is watching the operation. I have been to thousands of restaurants of all types and am always amazed at how close to perfect the In n Out chains are operated. Notice that no matter where your counter person is from, they look you straight in the eye, speak to you in clear English, repeat your order, and count your change back to you. Watch as something hits the floor (cuz you can see everything in the kitchen). It is immediately picked up by the next person bye. The place is always packed yet flows like none other I have seen. It truly is amazing.

When we visit CA, I'll admit that we go to an In n Out several times. I know I'm going to get a pretty good burger for a fairly good price and from a place that is unafraid to show me how my meal was made.

A new place just opened here alled "The Good Stuff Eatery". It's owned by that dude Spike Mendelsohn from the food channel. Now that's a good burger. Grass fed, cooked perfect medium, on a potato bun.

But I'll give you the operations stuff. I don't know anything about it. I just compare end products like a good little consumer.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A new place just opened here alled "The Good Stuff Eatery". It's owned by that dude Spike Mendelsohn from the food channel. Now that's a good burger. Grass fed, cooked perfect medium, on a potato bun.

But I'll give you the operations stuff. I don't know anything about it. I just compare end products like a good little consumer.
How much is that burger and how long to get it? Personally, if I am going to go out for really good food, I'm skipping right on by the burger section. There are definitely better burgers out there than In n Out. But In n Out doesn't pretend to be anything other than what they are - a fast food drive in that started in the 50s and hasn't really changed what they do in all that time.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
How much is that burger and how long to get it? Personally, if I am going to go out for really good food, I'm skipping right on by the burger section. There are definitely better burgers out there than In n Out. But In n Out doesn't pretend to be anything other than what they are - a fast food drive in that started in the 50s and hasn't really changed what they do in all that time.

The price for a plain cheeseburger with veggies and fries was $10. The wait was about 15 mins.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The price for a plain cheeseburger with veggies and fries was $10. The wait was about 15 mins.
Not too bad. I'm just weird though I suppose. I'm just not a burger guy. I almost never order them unless I am at an In n Out or at Duane's Ono Char Burger on Kauai or sadly a double cheese burger at Macdonalds.

We make a pretty damn good burger (Fresh sirloin and chuck ground on site and hand pressed) here too but I hardly ever eat them.

bluecoconuts

Legend
In N Out is good, I like it. Of course there are better burgers out there, The Habit I think has better burgers, and Fatburger can as well (they're more hit and miss though), but those are what I call "fast" food. Faster than a typical restaurant, but not like a drive through joint.

In N Out also benefits from the California cult following aspect of it. Which is why there are always people that will say they don't like it, because they don't like California. Its a great burger no doubt. Are there better? Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.