New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Come on, guys! "The JOURNEY starts today?"

Journey to where? LA????

I just think it is sort of 'baiting' St. Louis fans. Of course, the LA crowd should be thrilled by its innuendo.

Just sayin' . . . :sick:

But then again, maybe I'm reading more into it than is really there.
Breh, they do that cheesy "it's our year, new journey" bullshit every season. Don't put too much thought into it.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Guys. The situation has to be very uncomfortable so the filters are getting skewed. KD's comments are very likely the simple fact that the team just got together for weight training, team meetings probably just ramped up, the draft is a few days away, yada yada. That's probably all he meant.

Go Rams!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm on a trip with my wife for our anniversary so I will just be skimming this thread for the next few days. CGI banning Dick IMO was warranted for a couple reasons. Clearly this topic was pretty much the only reason he was here and only after being banned by the PD. Second, I repeatedly asked him to stop saying he knows what Stan wants when there is simply no way he could "know" that and all it does is pee pee others off. Sorry but them's the breaks when you can't catch a clue.

Chris - this came up quite a while back in the thread. The information in that article is incomplete. If you actually look up the wording of the G4 it does not allow for the owner to pay for it in lieu of paying his share of revenues. It is essentially a lien on the property that is the team an absolutely has to be paid back. IIRR it is 15 years or when the owner sells the team, whichever comes first. The loan is also at prime rate. Amazingly, in certain market conditions, guys like Stan can actually get better than prime rates based on markets and past performance. So the G4 isn't even likely the best loan a guy like Stan could secure.

I thought $100 million of the bond extension would be used to finish paying off the Dome. Regardless, say the city is able to come up with $480 all things combined. That $505 million that Stan has to come up with is $505 million. The G4 is UP TO $200 million in loans - not grants. I also think what Hack/saw was saying is something to keep in mind. I mean when was the last time a government project came in at or below budget? In my experience it is very rare and most come with a boatload of change orders and delays.

Who profits from what could very likely be a big part of the final negotiations to see if Stan will buy in. I also think it is a prime reason for Stan to keep applying the leverage pressure. And yeah - from a business sense, it wouldn't seem wise to invest $500 million and not get a sizeable piece of the revenue stream generated from your investment. I would think a straight percentage per investment $ would be a minimum starting point because he also owns the team that anchors the stadium.

Also, that bond figure includes the payoff on the Dome - right? I believe the bonds would net $350 toward the new stadium.

I wonder if those figures will ever be released. Do you know where to find what he's getting now?

I'd have to see that somewhere. Pretty sure that is wrong.

Good advice except that I may not respond to much until Tuesday.

I'm not sure but I could ask.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Guys. The situation has to be very uncomfortable so the filters are getting skewed. KD's comments are very likely the simple fact that the team just got together for weight training, team meetings probably just ramped up, the draft is a few days away, yada yada. That's probably all he meant.

Go Rams!

It's easy to see he's referring to the journey they volunteered to take to the entirety coincidental region of SoCal for absolutely necessary training with Stan's coincidental best owner friend.

Jeez the clues are right there man. Put them together.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

Journey to where? LA????

I just think it is sort of 'baiting' St. Louis fans. Of course, the LA crowd should be thrilled by its innuendo.

You're reading way too much into this, imo. I took it as new quarterback, new journey.

beej

Rookie
I took it to mean that they are taking the Amtrak to chicago for the draft rather than flying. ;)

cracengl

Rookie

Journey to where? LA????

I just hate the word journey. It's one of those overused buzz words these days. Everything is not a fucking journey!! I swear, you'd think walking down the hall to take a dump would be just that, but no. Now it's a goddamn journey.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I just hate the word journey. It's one of those overused buzz words these days. Everything is not a freaking journey!! I swear, you'd think walking down the hall to take a dump would be just that, but no. Now it's a goddamn journey.

It makes life seem more exciting.

I'm not going to the bathroom. I'm on a quest to find a solitary area in order to purge previous conquests from my body, for after I destroyed them I ate their flesh and drank their life force to grow even more powerful.

RAMbler

UDFA

Go Rams!

Right!?!? It never occurred to me, at all, that the word "Journey" meant anything but the hopeful journey to the play-offs.... That is, until I read this board.

But I still see it the same. There's no there, there....

beej

Rookie
yeah, I'm already tired of the word Journey. can we get back to talking about how much we hate California. (not the land just the people) LOL

iced

The only time Journey should be used is when you're setting a trap for a cougar

beej

Rookie
So...what's going on with that San Andreas Fault line?...any chance Cali falls into the ocean sometime between now and...say...the relocation deadline. just trying to get us back on track.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
So...what's going on with that San Andreas Fault line?...any chance Cali falls into the ocean sometime between now and...say...the relocation deadline. just trying to get us back on track.
How will that do any good? When we get the big one, everything east of the San Andreas fault is going to slip into the Atlantic.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
:mad:Someone says "Journey" and I start hearing "Don't stop believing" in my head...thanks for THAT

Just a small town girl, livin a lonely world...

I do like Journey.... but I've heard Don't stop Believing at least one too many times. It's hard to stomach that song now. Fortunately it isn't one of their top 5 songs, so I got those to redeem Journey for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.