New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMbler

UDFA
He might have gotten a word in with Kroenke and heard him say that he was happy to see the LA fan support in SD. Of course, will all news these days, creative liberties are taken to put a spin on the truth. Jim Thomas is probably the only person that's been even keeled on this, IMO. And then they traded Sam, and JT lost his marbles.

I don't know who got what message...., but I can say that the Rams support that showed up in SD that day was flat out insane!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't know who got what message...., but I can say that the Rams support that showed up in SD that day was flat out insane!

Yeah it was very similar to all the St. Louis football fans that showed up to Arrowhead Stadium when the Los Angeles Rams played in Kansas City back in 1994.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Woah Jerry slow down cowboy they getting the permits.

Jerry Jones is hard to read sometimes. I can't tell if he's saying stuff because that's just what he thinks, or if he's just being brutally honest and not as tactful as the other owners.

I think the deal to watch now is Oakland's. At least from a pro - NFL StL perspective.

My feeling is the market analysis will show that Oakland is the weakest market. If I had to guess which of the three markets would lose the NFL, my guess is Oakland. Recent articles seem to hint at a Rams-Chargers split in Inglewood and Oakland moving to St Louis to fill the void. Even when they talk about Spanos working for the greater good, it can be a hint that they see the Inglewood project as better for the league (at least at this time), so they would rather that get done instead of the Carson project.

If I had to guess what I think happens now is 65% Rams move to LA (up from 60% I had until recent developments, down from 75% I had before Carson came up)... If that happens I think the Chargers look to stay in San Diego, however Inglewood remains open for them. That means that Oakland will not be the second team in LA, so instead they push them towards going to take the better option in St Louis.

Of course St. Louis Rams fans wont be super stoked about the Raiders, but I get the feeling the NFL bets that the city takes them in because the Raiders are better than no team, and the city has demonstrated they should have a team and can support a team.

The Chargers can remain in San Diego, have a much more "real" threat, if San Diego can't get anything done, and free to move up north if they don't, Kroenke gets his stadium built, NFL gets more money, Raiders get a great new stadium, St Louis gets to keep the NFL. Right now I get the feeling the NFL would prefer that, and would like to see it happen. Of course it all depends on a number of things, including Spanos and Kroenke getting chummy with each other (I'd take a guess they're not exactly planning to buy any BFF necklaces), but it might be the end result of all this craziness.

iced

Jerry Jones is hard to read sometimes. I can't tell if he's saying stuff because that's just what he thinks, or if he's just being brutally honest and not as tactful as the other owners.

I'd go with what he thinks - seems to me Him and Snyder have been the ones disagreeing more with the other owners...particularly when it came to salary dumping (which is funny because jones still doesn't think he was wrong)

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Too much enthusiasm for this project not to get done. It's funny how the members of this board think poorly of Spanos yet the league views him as a loyalist good guy. I think the deal to watch now is Oakland's. At least from a pro - NFL StL perspective.
As a league and a business perspective if one of your partners is going to build the worlds most beautiful and most expensive stadium that could host the draft and and become headquarters for the NFL office and the NFL network and pay you a relocation fee and could also host 2 teams and maybe in the future la could still be used as leverage to get other city's to build a stadium and most importantly grant your wish by making it work in LA.

It's tough to say no to that. Would you say no to that? I wouldn't

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

My feeling is the market analysis will show that Oakland is the weakest market. If I had to guess which of the three markets would lose the NFL, my guess is Oakland. Recent articles seem to hint at a Rams-Chargers split in Inglewood and Oakland moving to St Louis to fill the void. Even when they talk about Spanos working for the greater good, it can be a hint that they see the Inglewood project as better for the league (at least at this time), so they would rather that get done instead of the Carson project.

If I had to guess what I think happens now is 65% Rams move to LA (up from 60% I had until recent developments, down from 75% I had before Carson came up)... If that happens I think the Chargers look to stay in San Diego, however Inglewood remains open for them. That means that Oakland will not be the second team in LA, so instead they push them towards going to take the better option in St Louis.

Of course St. Louis Rams fans wont be super stoked about the Raiders, but I get the feeling the NFL bets that the city takes them in because the Raiders are better than no team, and the city has demonstrated they should have a team and can support a team.

The Chargers can remain in San Diego, have a much more "real" threat, if San Diego can't get anything done, and free to move up north if they don't, Kroenke gets his stadium built, NFL gets more money, Raiders get a great new stadium, St Louis gets to keep the NFL. Right now I get the feeling the NFL would prefer that, and would like to see it happen. Of course it all depends on a number of things, including Spanos and Kroenke getting chummy with each other (I'd take a guess they're not exactly planning to buy any BFF necklaces), but it might be the end result of all this craziness.
Jerry is a lot of things. He's a horrible football guy and he's a clown and his team is a circus but he is a brilliant business man. He knows how to market. He holds his training camp in Oxnard ca to suck in all the la fans. Stan is also a brilliant business mind. They're both on the same track. The NFL is a business..so Ya.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

I'm not gonna lie, I would take the NFL moving the Rams into St. Louis as a slap in the face. It's like they would look at us like we are so damned desperate for an NFL team that as long as they plant one in the city we would be happy. It's like giving a hungry dog dinner scraps and the city of St. Louis would be that hungry dog. If they really cared about doing the right thing, they would find a way to keep the Rams in St. Louis and figure out a solution for LA, which hasn't even had a team in 20 years. If that market is so lucrative, what difference would it make if they had the Chargers or Raiders there? But we're not talking about saints, we're talking about the fucking greedy ass NFL. Seriously, who in the fuck talks about letting a team relocate from a city that is willing to build not one, but TWO fucking stadiums in 20 years?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm not gonna lie, I would take the NFL moving the Rams into St. Louis as a slap in the face. It's like they would look at us like we are so damned desperate for an NFL team that as long as they plant one in the city we would be happy. It's like giving a hungry dog dinner scraps and the city of St. Louis would be that hungry dog. If they really cared about doing the right thing, they would find a way to keep the Rams in St. Louis and figure out a solution for LA, which hasn't even had a team in 20 years. If that market is so lucrative, what difference would it make if they had the Chargers or Raiders there? But we're not talking about saints, we're talking about the freaking greedy ass NFL. Seriously, who in the freak talks about letting a team relocate from a city that is willing to build not one, but TWO freaking stadiums in 20 years?

All this is very true. Unfortunately, much like pensioners whose pensions go under, employees whose factories shut down, all the outrage isn't going to save what you've got. We could be never see football here again. The Raiders coming here to replace the Rams if they leave is about the most caring you'll ever see out of a group of billionaires. You just have to remind yourself that it's a game played for entertainment by mercenary players for cutthroat billionaires. If we get some civic improvements and 30 years of home games as a town we come out ahead. In fact I'd count it as an underdog victory if we lost a team to greed and managed to replace them.

Besides, as bad as the Raiders currently are, the owner is relatively poor, and seemingly almost kind of loyal to his fan base. Be kind of nice to never hear the word relocation here again.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If that market is so lucrative, what difference would it make if they had the Chargers or Raiders there?

Well they said they want to do LA right, and that might mean they would rather the Inglewood plan, its more complex and offers more. Obviously they won't get that if Kroenke can't relocate the team. Plus the history that the Rams do have in LA helps with an already established fanbase.

iced

Jerry is a lot of things. He's a horrible football guy and he's a clown and his team is a circus but he is a brilliant business man. He knows how to market. He holds his training camp in Oxnard ca to suck in all the la fans. Stan is also a brilliant business mind. They're both on the same track. The NFL is a business..so Ya.

lol god i felt bad for those cowboy players in oxnard

i drove by that camp everyday to base - too often it smelled like horse shit

and a team practicing outside their city is not uncommon by the way

Last edited:

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Kroenke heard us alright. Vincent is speaking the truth. I was there and the Los Angeles Rams fan turnout was amazing and deafening. We may have been just slightly outnumbered but the decibel level wasn't. The LA Rams banner covering the Chargers sideline banner was awesome. Way to represent and make some noise. Even to the owner.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Kroenke heard us alright. Vincent is speaking the truth. I was there and the Los Angeles Rams fan turnout was amazing and deafening. We may have been just slightly outnumbered but the decibel level wasn't. The LA Rams banner covering the Chargers sideline banner was awesome. Way to represent and make some noise. Even to the owner.
I'm sure that fed Kroenke's need for approval after having told the STL fans he is an honorable man! What a jerk he is turning out to be!

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I'm sure that fed Kroenke's need for approval after having told the STL fans he is an honorable man! What a jerk he is turning out to be!
I don't know what he thought other than what that tweet states, but LA fan was reppin that day and everyone in that old decrepit stadium knew it, including the owner. Still I'm sure he already had his plans going, we just validated a small part of it.
With regard to his "honorable man" comment, he will either still prove that out in StL, or not, but my guess is that he meant it at the time. Perhaps circumstance in StL since that comment changed his perspective?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I don't know what he thought other than what that tweet states, but LA fan was reppin that day and everyone in that old decrepit stadium knew it, including the owner. Still I'm sure he already had his plans going, we just validated a small part of it.
With regard to his "honorable man" comment, he will either still prove that out in StL, or not, but my guess is that he meant it at the time. Perhaps circumstance in StL since that comment changed his perspective?
Perhaps money is the root of all evil? It does seem to be all about the Benjamins, doesn't it?

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Perhaps money is the root of all evil? It does seem to be all about the Benjamins, doesn't it?
Can't argue that notion rhinobean, not in our capitalistic society, however I frequently ponder, is money the root? or is the evil in the greed to get more of it?

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
The fact that SK blocked Shahid Khan from buying this team makes me hate the fucker even more. When Khan put his bid in he made it known that he wanted to keep the team in the Stl area and I 100% believe he would have. He seems to be a good owner who cares about the people who support his team. Damn, what could have been.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The bottom line is the team is 32nd in the league in terms of value. Plus he could make tons more hosting other events in LA.

So yes you're correct lol.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
The bottom line is the team is 32nd in the league in terms of value. Plus he could make tons more hosting other events in LA.

So yes you're correct lol.
Sure as hell ain't St. Louis' fault. Put a winner out there and that will increase the value as well. Oh, and moving into a new riverfront stadium would help. It wouldn't increase it like LA would, you're right about that, but most other places wouldn't either.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Speaking of Kroenke, I remember very well his son playing basketball for Mizzou. I had no clue who his dad was, I only kept hearing the Walmart name. Dude had it good, I see. He was on full basketball scholarship at Mizzou with no pressure at all to make it pro because he knew he had a nice cushy job waiting for him. Man, oh man. Haha

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
The fact that SK blocked Shahid Khan from buying this team makes me hate,,,,, Damn, what could have been.
If they leave, that fact alone would stick in my craw. GF signing that escape clause into the lease would be the other. She should have known better too considering see just exploited one to leave LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.