NEW: Kroenke Has Reportedly Explored Bidding on L.A. Dodgers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: NEW: Kroenke Has Reportedly Explored Bidding on L.A. Dod

Interesting, I think with the Dodgers someone like Mark Cuban would be a better fit, young and energetic, matches better with the LA lifestyle.... But then again AEG owns the Kings and they are a very silent group as well....

But I don't think Stan Kroenke can personally bid on them, since the NFL made him "give" up his other teams to own the Rams, I guess his son can do it on his behalf. Might just be a rumor or something, I could see it happening since he owns teams in pretty much every other sport.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

bluecoconuts said:
Interesting, I think with the Dodgers someone like Mark Cuban would be a better fit, young and energetic, matches better with the LA lifestyle.... But then again AEG owns the Kings and they are a very silent group as well....

But I don't think Stan Kroenke can personally bid on them, since the NFL made him "give" up his other teams to own the Rams, I guess his son can do it on his behalf. Might just be a rumor or something, I could see it happening since he owns teams in pretty much every other sport.

The only way he could own both is if he were to move the Rams to L.A. or the Dodgers to Da Lou.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Oxnard said:
bluecoconuts said:

The only way he could own both is if he were to move the Rams to L.A. or the Dodgers to Da Lou.

The only thing I like about the Dodgers at this point are their dogs and their fries. Otherwise I stay away.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

bluecoconuts said:

Technically, there is no conflict with an existing team in LA, since there is no NFL team in LA. That's likely to change, though, and if Kroenke becomes owner of the Dodgers all those LA Rams wishers would have plenty of fuel.

As a Dodger fan, I would love Kroenke as the owner. MLB would probably come up with an entirely new euphemism for brown nosing, just to welcome him and his money.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The way I understand it, there would be no cross-ownership conflicts...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

So if he bought them now and THEN they moved a team into LA, does that mean there is no conflict being that at the time he bought them there was none? Not sure. Also, would buying the Dodgers allow him a say in what the NFL can do in the LA market? Y'know, being that the NFL would be violating the rules - not Stan.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

RamFan503 said:
So if he bought them now and THEN they moved a team into LA, does that mean there is no conflict being that at the time he bought them there was none? Not sure. Also, would buying the Dodgers allow him a say in what the NFL can do in the LA market? Y'know, being that the NFL would be violating the rules - not Stan.
Well, IDK. But you can bet Stan is looking into the legal end of that issue. Silent Stan isn't really quiet. Buying the Dodgers would give him additional leverage against the CVC.

But perhaps this is just a maneuver ... "Well, I might buy the Dodgers. What do you think?"

Considering that the deadline for the Dodgers sale is April 30th, after the first round negotiations on the ED, Stan may be playing both sides. The CVC dicks around with their first offer, he may ramp up his interest in the Dodgers.

superfan24

Starter

Is he trying to piss off STL fans? lol