NEW: J. Murphy Says He's Ready to Go; Could Make Big Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: NEW: J. Murphy Says He's Ready to Go; Could Make Big Imp

Very good news, thanks for the update!

The DB battle in camp will be fun this year, we grabbed some decent guys last year who deserve a shot at camp this year, I think it will be fun to see how our secondary looks starting next year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Great article! Love me some JM23......

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I just don't think that CB is as big of a need as a lot of people. We tried out, LOL, so many last year, we have to have found a few that will stick along with Murphy and Bartel coming back. I'm not as optimistic that Fletcher will be back at the start of the season, but he did heal extremely fast last year, so I do have some hope that he may be back. I think Gordy is a decent backup who will improve next year, he gained some valuable experience. he needs to gain a little muscle.

What we do need, on the other hand, is more safety help. We need to bring in at least 2 safeties who can play minutes. I don't see Fisher retaining J. Butler or C. Dahl. M. Baker was having a great preseason before going on IR. Is M. Johnson a safety prospect??? Maybe, he's a pretty good tackler, and I don't think he has enough effective speed to be a corner or nickel corner.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

DR RAM said:
I just don't think that CB is as big of a need as a lot of people. We tried out, LOL, so many last year, we have to have found a few that will stick along with Murphy and Bartel coming back. I'm not as optimistic that Fletcher will be back at the start of the season, but he did heal extremely fast last year, so I do have some hope that he may be back. I think Gordy is a decent backup who will improve next year, he gained some valuable experience. he needs to gain a little muscle.

What we do need, on the other hand, is more safety help. We need to bring in at least 2 safeties who can play minutes. I don't see Fisher retaining J. Butler or C. Dahl. M. Baker was having a great preseason before going on IR. Is M. Johnson a safety prospect??? Maybe, he's a pretty good tackler, and I don't think he has enough effective speed to be a corner or nickel corner.

Stash Fletcher on the PUP list, and then IR him again. Let him rehab w/ the team trainers (if IR players can). Unleash him in 2013.

I hope you're right tho w/ the CB thing. Best case is all these guys come back not only healthy, but actually progress.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

DR RAM said:

You sound like me re: the corner situation. If we can get 2 or 3 (Murphy, Bartell, Fletcher back) I think we are ok. I think we could use a little safety help, too, but my biggest defensive concerns (by far) are at OLB and DT.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faceplant said:
Great article! Love me some JM23......

thank you, sir. I have high hopes for Murphy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Good article, Shane. I was wondering about him. Had real high hopes for him going into 2011, so here's hoping he's back to form (and then some) for 2012. Good to hear about his adding 10 lbs of muscle to that frame. He was already a big hitter - now maybe he'll REALLY lay some wood this year.

Stoked.