New Feature Added: Please Read

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Excuse me for a second while I play the part of the anarchist.

*Ahem* How come we can't dislike mod posts?? DO YOU THINK YOU'RE ABOVE THE LAW?!

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excuse me for a second while I play the part of the anarchist.

*Ahem* How come we can't dislike mod posts?? DO YOU THINK YOU'RE ABOVE THE LAW?!

If I allowed that, my original post would have been deleted by now. :wink:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Is there a way you can dislike a post w/o the intention to have it removed? And, why can't we dislike you or X? X makes bad jokes from time to time, and I would like to dislike them, not because I find them offensive, but because they are cheesy and I think he can do better.

PhxRam

Is there a way you can dislike a post w/o the intention to have it removed? And, why can't we dislike you or X? X makes bad jokes from time to time, and I would like to dislike them, not because I find them offensive, but because they are cheesy and I think he can do better.

It is not designed to be a thumbs up/thumbs down rating system.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It is not designed to be a thumbs up/thumbs down rating system.

Well semantics may be a chink in the system. Since dislike is the opposite of like, and like is used as a thumbs up, one can easily mistaken dislike as a thumbs down, especially if they did not read this thread.

PhxRam

Well semantics may be a chink in the system. Since dislike is the opposite of like, and like is used as a thumbs up, one can easily mistaken dislike as a thumbs down, especially if they did not read this thread.

Maybe so.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Maybe so.
Just a suggestion, because what he said was my original thought, and social media has us all trained like monkeys...re-phrase the word, or add it too the report button, or make it the report buttons functionality. And then those who get reported (X) number of times get sent to the Island of Dr. Moreau for reprogramming.

Or use one of these:
What is the synonym for the person who does not obey rules?

Answer:
Troublemaker, disobedient (adjective), rule-breaker, pest, menace, scalawag, agitator, firebrand, rabble-rouser.

Remember, the purpose of this is to have a self moderating site, and it's because of that, in part, that we are giving all of these suggestions. Nobody is trying to crap on your work, it's appreciated, and it's a good idea.

PhxRam

Just a suggestion, because what he said was my original thought, and social media has us all trained like monkeys...re-phrase the word, or add it too the report button, or make it the report buttons functionality. And then those who get reported (X) number of times get sent to the Island of Dr. Moreau for reprogramming.

Or use one of these:
What is the synonym for the person who does not obey rules?

Answer:
Troublemaker, disobedient (adjective), rule-breaker, pest, menace, scalawag, agitator, firebrand, rabble-rouser.

Remember, the purpose of this is to have a self moderating site, and it's because of that, in part, that we are giving all of these suggestions. Nobody is trying to crap on your work, it's appreciated, and it's a good idea.

If if someone clicks like and it breaks the threshold, all it does is put the post in a moderation queue.

I will gladly change the wording of it if it helps and someone comes up with a better word.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If if someone clicks like and it breaks the threshold, all it does is put the post in a moderation queue.

I will gladly change the wording of it if it helps and someone comes up with a better word.
I completely understand how it works, and it's a great idea, but "like / unlike" may be too confusing for some that are already programmed. I'm just throwing some ideas out there tossed with a little tongue and cheek.

PhxRam

I completely understand how it works, and it's a great idea, but "like / unlike" may be too confusing for some that are already programmed. I'm just throwing some ideas out there tossed with a little tongue and cheek.

And I understand what you are saying. If someone comes up with a better term for dislike,let me know.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Okay, I thought I understood this whole dislike thing but now I don't see it? Have I been banned from disliking? Woah, that opens up a whole 'nother perspective...does that then mean that I like everything? I'm gonna need a drink!

PhxRam

Okay, I thought I understood this whole dislike thing but now I don't see it? Have I been banned from disliking? Woah, that opens up a whole 'nother perspective...does that then mean that I like everything? I'm gonna need a drink!

I temporarily disabled it. I maybe released it before it was ready. I got to work out some bugs

RFIP

Let me try to break it down real quick for everyone.

You can only dislike a particular post ... once. And you get 5 a day. Putting your name to it is counter-productive, and he's not going to do it that way. I agree with that approach, because there's no sense in starting grudges. Those boards suck, and you all know it. And the posts that reach the threshold go into the moderation queue, so it's not even a guarantee that the posts will be deleted. They still have to be reviewed, and then mods can take a personal approach by contacting the "offender" via their inbox to discuss it.

See, all he's doing is gauging the tone and tenor of the board via this kind of feedback; and whether anyone thinks it's a good idea or not is irrelevant. We're members of a forum owned by an individual who has complete autonomy, and he's very dedicated to providing you with the type of place you've come to enjoy. Seriously ... hundreds of hours go into this thing. You all should take this seriously and use it properly, because you're helping to shape the board's landscape. If you want this place to thrive and grow, do your parts and be a part of the process. Take a personal interest in your home and work together to keep it clean.

K?

K.

Hmm, that's a lot of "k's" X..one more K and I'd have had to dislike! :p and what happened to all the fun, animated smilies??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmm, that's a lot of "k's" X..one more K and I'd have had to dislike! :p and what happened to all the fun, animated smilies??
K.

I dunno what happened to everything. Phx ran into some issues last night I guess, and had to reboot to the original state of the software. This happened to me once a couple of years ago, so he's either sleeping off a binge drinking session, or has his hands in a big bowl of ice from smashing stuff.

RFIP

Now this is PhxRam we are talking about right? I'll go with him sleeping of a bender!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Now this is PhxRam we are talking about right? I'll go with him sleeping of a bender!
Yes. PhxRam. He's your fearless leader now.
I'm just a world-renowned poster. Nothing more.