New Feature Added: Please Read

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is that like a "timeout"?

If some intentionally and maliciously circumvents the system, there will more than a simple timeout.

If someone thinks they can simply come back another another alias, try me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So I can tell someone they can eat the corn out of my shhheeeooottt and it will stay up at least until it gets half a dozen bad dings???? By that time, my point has been made, I'll feel better, and then it will be removed before anybody is emotionally scarred???? I like it!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This is so freaking brilliant it's unbelievable. Whoever came up with idea really needs to be complemented. I spend my living trying to understand biological systems, and at a scientific level this little addition is quite notable. I am not talking out of my a$$ here, and I am being serious with my comments. Good work, Ram bros.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I can tell someone they can eat the corn out of my shhheeeooottt and it will stay up at least until it gets half a dozen bad dings???? By that time, my point has been made, I'll feel better, and then it will be removed before anybody is emotionally scarred???? I like it!

That's my only worry with the system, I've yet to see a post with 6 likes, if getting 6 dislikes is as difficult at the least it will take a while to get flagged, maybe someone's dislike carrying more weight if they have more posts could solve that, we're all pretty intelligent users, who can be trusted (honest guv).

Otherwise I quite like it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If some intentionally and maliciously circumvents the system, there will more than a simple timeout.

If someone thinks they can simply come back another another alias, try me.
Can u say IP Tracking?

PhxRam

Can u say IP Tracking?
This is so freaking brilliant it's unbelievable. Whoever came up with idea really needs to be complemented. I spend my living trying to understand biological systems, and at a scientific level this little addition is quite notable. I am no talking out of my a$$ here, and I am being serious with my comments. Good work, Ram bros.

Why thanks.. seeing as how I made it

PhxRam

That's my only worry with the system, I've yet to see a post with 6 likes, if getting 6 dislikes is as difficult at the least it will take a while to get flagged, maybe someone's dislike carrying more weight if they have more posts could solve that, we're all pretty intelligent users, who can be trusted (honest guv).

Otherwise I quite like it.

We are still fine tuning it. If 6 is to high I will lower it

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why thanks.. seeing as how I made it
You're creating a self-adapting system. It's the same science behind beehives, flocks of birds, ant hills... and well, planet Earth. Great stuff to see at ROD.

This video provides a relatively simple example of the science in action.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Seriously. I agree with keeping it anonymous. We want to moderate the mood and give the moderators a cue when someone slips through the cracks - not make a bunch of posters dislike each other.

Exactly!

It's...

guinness-brilliant.jpeg

PhxRam

You're creating a self-adapting system. It's the same science behind beehives, flocks of birds, ant hills... and well, planet Earth. Great stuff to see at ROD.

This video provides a relatively simple example of the science in action.

Thanks for the kind words. I wish more people were as receptive to the idea as yourself.

I am starting to believe my time and energy can be better spent somewhere else.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You know we're just bustin' your balls - right Bob? I can be a little slow to warm to new things but I'm already seeing the wisdom of this kind of move.

Thanks for the kind words. I wish more people were as receptive to the idea as yourself.

It's a good idea, and I think we have the right community to actually implement it without trying to manipulate the system.

We just need a guinea pig to try it out on :stirthepot:.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Buck up, lil soldier. These cats used to question my genius too.
Sooner or later they all come around.

That's right.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I kind of like it, but would like it even better if a poster receives say...50 dislikes on his posts from different peeps in a time period of 3 months or so, he should be temporarily banned, and made to write, "I broke the ROD rules, I'm an asshole, sorry for my shitty pessimistic attitude" 100 times.

tonyl711

Starter
I like the idea, and do believe it will work. I have one suggestion though, with every dislike the person disliking it should give a reason for it, that way it cant be abused, and if it was abused the abuser could lose his rights to use the dislike feature.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

I think you do a kick ass job on this site :bigup:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like the idea, and do believe it will work. I have one suggestion though, with every dislike the person disliking it should give a reason for it, that way it cant be abused, and if it was abused the abuser could lose his rights to use the dislike feature.
That is what the "report" button is for.