New defensive wrinkle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jourdan points this out in her new Athletic piece (which I highly recommend peeps buy and read!) that twice the Rams aligned in a 4-3 alignment with Ramsey in "Star", Rapp in the middle, and Jones outside and this was a new alignment not previously shown.

Jones interception was from this alignment.

Rapp playing quite a bit more down near the line of scrimmage. It does seem like they feel like Jones is going to give them more position flexibility than what they had with Young.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think Raheem got the memo that Rapp needs to play close to the LOS, and he's a liability when he has to cover deep.

Still wondering/hoping that the Rams trade for a DB that can give Fuller a little help for deep coverage...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Burgess getting more snaps along w/ Scott. Morris is still trying to figure out the best set of combos. Morris does like him some 4-3 so lets see "how much" he uses it moving forward.
Massive challenge this coming Sunday night vs. Team HENRY

MAYBE WE NEED to relax on the firing Morris chants :thinking:. I'm never been a fan, but willing to see the season through

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Yeah, I think Raheem got the memo that Rapp needs to play close to the LOS, and he's a liability when he has to cover deep.

Still wondering/hoping that the Rams trade for a DB that can give Fuller a little help for deep coverage...

Thank GOD the lightbulb went off re: Rapp. It was getting UGLY

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The defense has been improving. Today it was the best I've seen in a while tbh. Before they all decided the game was over and some asshole made a celebration thread too early of course.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sure "seems" like the defense has been improving, but the last 3 offenses we've faced have been terrible (injured NY, low-talent DET, and hapless TEX).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sure "seems" like the defense has been improving, but the last 3 offenses we've faced have been terrible (injured NY, low-talent DET, and hapless TEX).
Right now I think our run defense is pretty damn good. I didn't think that a few weeks ago. Am I right? Welllllll.... Titans may make me look like an ignoramus but we'll see. :laugh4:

Also the secondary should look better than it did early this year when Williams returns. Safety still concerns me but maybe some of that is Morris idk. Either way overall the defense looks better to me from perspective of guys developing into roles too.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now I think our run defense is pretty damn good. I didn't think that a few weeks ago. Am I right? Welllllll.... Titans may make me look like an ignoramus but we'll see. :laugh4:

Also the secondary should look better than it did early this year when Williams returns. Safety still concerns me but maybe some of that is Morris idk. Either way overall the defense looks better to me from perspective of guys developing into roles too.

I think we're unfortunately just going to have to bully through this season with what we have at safety. Scott playing more backend and Rapp closer to the line. Both have their warts but can be respectable, just not dominant. That is, if we don't trade for some safety help.

Of course, there's always a chance that Jones exceeds Young and actually makes the safety play look a small bit better as they're not cleaning up as much stuff as before and can roam a bit more.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
To me all signs point to Rams trading for help at S. Looking forward to Les pulling the trigger on a trade.