New Chase Utley Rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Baseball is now removing the take out slide. Runner and/or batter will be called out if runner doesn't slide to the bag. uggh.
They need to remove the vicinity rule while they're at it. Guys are given double plays when the defender is no where near the bag with the ball in hand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Baseball is now removing the take out slide. Runner and/or batter will be called out if runner doesn't slide to the bag. uggh.
They need to remove the vicinity rule while they're at it. Guys are given double plays when the defender is no where near the bag with the ball in hand.
Agreed. It's kind of like traveling and palming the ball in the NBA. Call it like the rules intended the game to be played.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Gotta protect the Big Dollar players. They're taking all the contact out of baseball. Can't wipe out a catcher blocking the plate anymore either if I remember correctly... maybe that's just college ?

Shit. I played in a softball league up until a few years ago. Nobody told me I couldn't take out the catcher blocking the plate in that league... got tossed and suspended for a game. I fucking scored the run though and it still counted somehow lol. That league still allows take out slides on the SS and 2nd baseman though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta protect the Big Dollar players. They're taking all the contact out of baseball. Can't wipe out a catcher blocking the plate anymore either if I remember correctly... maybe that's just college ?

crap. I played in a softball league up until a few years ago. Nobody told me I couldn't take out the catcher blocking the plate in that league... got tossed and suspended for a game. I freaking scored the run though and it still counted somehow lol. That league still allows take out slides on the SS and 2nd baseman though.
lmao. Yeah. That's frowned upon in rec leagues and tournaments. Surprised you didn't get ejected or stormed by the opposing team.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I played the position of catcher in HS and college. It's something you expect will happen and most of the time you're ready for it. We were taught to block the plate.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Agreed. It's kind of like traveling and palming the ball in the NBA. Call it like the rules intended the game to be played.
The "Neighborhood Rule" pisses me off. There are times when the fielder isn't even in the neighborhood.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
lmao. Yeah. That's frowned upon in rec leagues and tournaments. Surprised you didn't get ejected or stormed by the opposing team.

Like I said... they tossed me from that game and suspended me for another one. Hahahaha

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Like I said... they tossed me from that game and suspended me for another one. Hahahaha
Haha. I missed that. Sometimes work gets in the way and distracts me from my ROD reading.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Utley is a turd for that little move. I think if the runner is going after the player and not trying to get to the base he should be called out. It's too bad someone had to deal with a broken leg to get the league to pay attention.

This isn't the first time he's done that and he's lucky the benches didn't empty and he didn't get his ass kicked for that punk ass move.

I'm totally cool with playing your ass off but what he did was really, really bad.