NEW Article: Rams Narrow GM List to Two

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Paton's experience is almost entirely in pro personnel."

Doo%20it.gif

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, I'd go to war with George Paton! :sly:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:

Doo%20it.gif
I'd actually rather have a guy who is more experienced in college scouting. Let's face it, if we're going to turn this around, it will be mainly through the draft. I want someone who knows how to identify talent and then take them. I'm sure Paton is very good at knowing which pros to sign, but at this point in our organization, I think the Rams need someone known as an astute drafter.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:
X said:

Doo%20it.gif
I'd actually rather have a guy who is more experienced in college scouting. Let's face it, if we're going to turn this around, it will be mainly through the draft. I want someone who knows how to identify talent and then take them. I'm sure Paton is very good at knowing which pros to sign, but at this point in our organization, I think the Rams need someone known as an astute drafter.

This. Yeah, pro personnel is important when it comes to free agents, but I think Fisher can coach up pros.

We need more solid young players from the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:
X said:

Doo%20it.gif

This. Yeah, pro personnel is important when it comes to free agents, but I think Fisher can coach up pros.

We need more solid young players from the draft.
Isn't that where you put in a legit scouting department though? A GM with college scouting experience is also a way to go, and I see the legitimacy of that approach as well. But after the first couple/three rounds, it's all a crap shoot. I think a lot of people on this board can put together a solid 3 round mock, and I also think a lot of people on this board could run the draft for 3 rounds as well. After that, you really have to rely on scouts who make the trek all over the Country and have a really good eye for talent. GMs typically take the word of scouts, coaches and coordinators when it comes to the draft anyway, yeah? I'd like a GM who has been around the league a while and has a firm grasp on pro personnel. Knows who to sign and how to get them to sign.

All kinds of ways to look at it I guess. And your approach is solid as well.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Snead please.

What Atlanta has done is what the Rams are trying to do, build through the draft. They have done that, and I believe Snead has been apart of that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
If Paton is indeed the new GM, he will get some help from another Snead — Rich Snead. Leagues sources said Friday that he has been hired by the Rams. Snead's exact title is unclear at this point, but he has extensive experience in college scouting and worked with Fisher previously in Tennessee's front office.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... z1m5duQoGN

Hmmmm. Could we now see an extension of the nepotism we're already starting to see on the Rams?
Maybe we are going to hire Snead after all.