NEW: 2012 Rams Draft and Free Agency Priorities Ranked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I dont think I would have any issue with Cortland Finnegan. He would bring such a different style of play here, some may call it dirty. I know about the multiple fines from incidents on the field, but what has he done since the fight with Andre Johnson? I have no idea. Im pretty sure he hasnt been fined since then. Now I could easily change my mind on Finnegan if he came here and racked up dumb and unnecessary penalties right away.

Wow I had no idea Laurent Robinson is set to be a FA. Id be pretty suprised if Dallas let him get away. I could easily make the argument that he was their best WR this year. Every Dallas game I watched he was the one making the big plays. Out of all the FA WRs you listed, I like Bowe and Vincent Jackson the most, and then we add more speed at WR in the draft. That would be my dream scenario lol.

Im fine with OT being the no. 1 need, but I did read something interesting yesterday about OTs in the Super Bowl. They asked this question: who is the last elite LT to play in the SB? We always talk about LTs being the blindside protector, they are at a premium in this league, and they always go high in the draft. The most common answer was Walter Jones in the Seahawks/Steelers SB. Are we overrating their value?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
OT is a need, no doubt. Not sure its our #1 need though.

Id say #1 - WR, #2 - DT, #3 - OT

If the FO determines OT is in as bad of shape as this article suggests, then we will certainly have to look hard at Kalil.

I think we will end up signing Jason Jones to play DT. He was a top tier 3-tech DT. The Titians tried to stick him at DE and he didnt play well. He's young and wont cost a ton. Plus he had his best years under Fisher.

If we draft Kalil and sign Jones, that leaves WR. Watch out for Dwight Jones out of North Carolina at the top of the second. Im really starting to warm up to him. He is 6-3, 225 lbs, and could run in the 4.4s. He played extremely well, breaking Hakeem Nick's reception record and falling 1 TD short of Nick's single season record, despite being on a under achieving offense.

Anonymous

After all the recent high picks on the O line I say get that help via FA and draft a WR.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
squeaky wheel said:
After all the recent high picks on the O line I say get that help via FA and draft a WR.

that is kind of my thinking, too, Squeaky Wheel. Getting a proven player here that is ready to go makes a ton of sense and would go a long way in setting down the offensive line as a whole, too.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
STL-Rams said:
squeaky wheel said:

that is kind of my thinking, too, Squeaky Wheel. Getting a proven player here that is ready to go makes a ton of sense and would go a long way in setting down the offensive line as a whole, too.

We have had a better batting average drafting OL then signing FAs.

.500 = Saffold(good), and Smith(not so much)
.333 = Bell(Disappointment till last year), Brown(Benched), and Dahl(pretty good)

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
STL-Rams said:
squeaky wheel said:

.333 = Bell(Disappointment till last year), Brown(Benched), and Dahl(pretty good)

So that means we should only look at late-round draft picks, UDFAs, and cheap FAs to change our strategy?? :sly:

Anonymous

libertadrocks said:
STL-Rams said:
squeaky wheel said:

Drafting will improve.