New 2 Round Draft Order (12-29)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Updated Dec. 29

Round 1 = 18'th
Round 2 = 11 & 17

Round 1
  1. Tennessee (3-12)
  2. Cleveland (3-12)
  3. San Diego (4-11)
  4. Dallas (4-11)
  5. San Francisco (4-11)
  6. Jacksonville (5-10)
  7. Miami (5-10)
  8. Baltimore (5-10)
  9. Tampa Bay (6-9)
  10. New York Giants (6-9)
  11. New Orleans (6-9)
  12. Philadelphia (6-9)
  13. Detroit (6-9)
  14. Chicago (6-9)
  15. Indianapolis (7-8)
  16. Buffalo (7-8)
  17. Oakland (7-8)
  18. St. Louis (7-8)
  19. Atlanta (8-7)
  20. Pittsburgh (9-6)
  21. Washington* (8-7)
  22. Houston* (8-7)
  23. Seattle* (9-6)
  24. New York Jets* (10-5)
  25. Kansas City* (10-5)
  26. Minnesota* (10-5)
  27. Green Bay* (10-5)
  28. Cincinnati* (11-4)
  29. Denver* (11-4)
  30. Arizona* (13-2)
  31. New England* (12-3) -- Pick Forfeited for Deflategate
  32. Carolina* (14-1)

Round 2
  1. Cleveland (3-12)
  2. Tennessee (3-12)
  3. Dallas (4-11)
  4. San Francisco (4-11)
  5. San Diego (4-11)
  6. Miami (5-10)
  7. Baltimore (5-10)
  8. Jacksonville (5-10)
  9. New York Giants (6-9)
  10. New Orleans (6-9)
  11. St. Louis - from Philadelphia (6-9)
  12. Detroit (6-9)
  13. Chicago (6-9)
  14. Tampa Bay (6-9)
  15. Buffalo (7-8)
  16. Oakland (7-8)
  17. St. Louis (7-8)
  18. Indianapolis (7-8)
  19. Atlanta (8-7)
  20. Pittsburgh (9-6)
  21. Houston* (8-7)
  22. Washington* (8-7)
  23. Seattle* (9-6)
  24. New York Jets* (10-5)
  25. Minnesota* (10-5)
  26. Green Bay* (10-5)
  27. Kansas City* (10-5)
  28. Cincinnati* (11-4)
  29. Denver* (11-4)
  30. Arizona* (13-2)
  31. New England* (12-3)
  32. Carolina* (14-1)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2016.php#upWHU8yRvGfUduPx.99

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Titans are the trade partner if we really want Goff or Lynch.

Personally, I think Dallas would be the most willing. San Diego after that. Tennessee could really use an elite talent on their squad.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Personally, I think Dallas would be the most willing. San Diego after that. Tennessee could really use an elite talent on their squad.
I think JJ goes QB. I doubt he wants another year like this one

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think JJ goes QB. I doubt he wants another year like this one

He's got Romo. He'll be willing to move down if we offer enough. They can get a QB of the future outside of the top 5. I'm not betting on a guy like Jerry Jones drafting a backup QB in the top 5. Just doesn't seem like his sort of move.(i.e. it's too smart of a move for him to make)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's got Romo. He'll be willing to move down if we offer enough. They can get a QB of the future outside of the top 5. I'm not betting on a guy like Jerry Jones drafting a backup QB in the top 5. Just doesn't seem like his sort of move.(i.e. it's too smart of a move for him to make)
With Romo spending more time on the bench every year, IDK. JJ isn't afraid to take a guy early if it's a guy he want's. He rarely gets cute on draft day, unless it's to move up.
I would trade down if I were him.
I just don't think he will.

I'd also keep an eye on NO moving up. Brees is due a BIG payday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Romo spending more time on the bench every year, IDK. JJ isn't afraid to take a guy early if it's a guy he want's. He rarely gets cute on draft day, unless it's to move up.
I would trade down if I were him.
I just don't think he will.

I'd also keep an eye on NO moving up. Brees is due a BIG payday.

I don't think NO is a threat. They drafted Garrett Grayson last year and Brees is still their guy unless they cut or trade him. They have too many needs and too little cap space to spend a lot of draft capital moving up.

I think Jones is more likely to make a play for Manziel than take a QB in the top 5.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think NO is a threat. They drafted Garrett Grayson last year and Brees is still their guy unless they cut or trade him. They have too many needs and too little cap space to spend a lot of draft capital moving up.

I think Jones is more likely to make a play for Manziel than take a QB in the top 5.
I forgot about Grayson.
Manziel to Dallas sounds about right.

Ram Man

Rookie
Assuming no trades are made (not a safe assumption), the Rams will be in a position to take the 3rd best quarterback in the draft based on their projected spot in the 1st round. Cleveland and San Fran are the only teams ahead of the Rams in the projected draft order that are likely to pick a quarterback.

If the Ram's do end up taking the 3rd quarterback to be drafted:
1. will he start in 2016?
2. what does that mean for Sean Mannion's future?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You really think Jerruh is that enthralled with Johnny? And if we did trade with Dallas, don't you think Goff will already be gone to da Browns? SF could easily flip with Tenn and Tenn not only gets a top 5 player but then has two very high 2nd rounders.

I really don't like our trade up scenarios. I know you think a WR won't help until we have a franchise QB to get him the ball but I don't see any chance in hell of getting Goff if he is viewed in the same light as you see him. So what other QB would you trade up into the top 5 to get? I personally don't even like Goff that high but I know you do.

Maybe you have already gone through this in one of your draft mocks but I haven't seen it. How do you see that trade with Dallas working exactly?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. Especially given that Manziel will likely end up there

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You really think Jerruh is that enthralled with Johnny? And if we did trade with Dallas, don't you think Goff will already be gone to da Browns? SF could easily flip with Tenn and Tenn not only gets a top 5 player but then has two very high 2nd rounders.

I really don't like our trade up scenarios. I know you think a WR won't help until we have a franchise QB to get him the ball but I don't see any chance in hell of getting Goff if he is viewed in the same light as you see him. So what other QB would you trade up into the top 5 to get? I personally don't even like Goff that high but I know you do.

Maybe you have already gone through this in one of your draft mocks but I haven't seen it. How do you see that trade with Dallas working exactly?

SF won't trade up. They'll stand pat and see how it shakes out.

Will the Browns take Goff? I don't know. Possible they talk themselves out of it...likely with the logic that his arm strength won't work with their windy conditions.

Yes, Jerry Jones loves Manziel. Don't know if the Browns will move on from him yet, though.

How does the trade with Dallas work? Likely 2 1sts, a 2nd, and another pick. Possible that other pick could be a 2nd, 3rd, or even another future 1st. I'd make an RGIII deal for Goff.

I didn't say a WR won't help. He's still going to make a difference. I just think it's a terrible use of value when you don't have a QB. The WR would have to be really special for me to take him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Cleveland is more likely to trade the pick themselves than to take a qb
Cook seems more likely a qb for them, big kid strong arm.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
SF won't trade up. They'll stand pat and see how it shakes out.

Will the Browns take Goff? I don't know. Possible they talk themselves out of it...likely with the logic that his arm strength won't work with their windy conditions.

Yes, Jerry Jones loves Manziel. Don't know if the Browns will move on from him yet, though.

How does the trade with Dallas work? Likely 2 1sts, a 2nd, and another pick. Possible that other pick could be a 2nd, 3rd, or even another future 1st. I'd make an RGIII deal for Goff.

I didn't say a WR won't help. He's still going to make a difference. I just think it's a terrible use of value when you don't have a QB. The WR would have to be really special for me to take him.
I guess you just see a lot more upside to Goff than I. To me, Goff is a bit on the frail side, came out of a pass happy offense, and has arm strength issues. I just don't see him as a break the bank type of QB prospect.

Now all that being said, I would agree that if he is all that, this would be a pretty good time to give up draft picks in return for a franchise QB. I don't see us having all that many huge needs other than maybe QB (IF HE'S ALL THAT) and a big time receiver. Maybe we can pick up a veteran (3rd contract) receiver to go with him and this offense becomes something to contend with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess you just see a lot more upside to Goff than I. To me, Goff is a bit on the frail side, came out of a pass happy offense, and has arm strength issues. I just don't see him as a break the bank type of QB prospect.

Now all that being said, I would agree that if he is all that, this would be a pretty good time to give up draft picks in return for a franchise QB. I don't see us having all that many huge needs other than maybe QB (IF HE'S ALL THAT) and a big time receiver. Maybe we can pick up a veteran (3rd contract) receiver to go with him and this offense becomes something to contend with.

Well, there's where our differences lie. I don't think he has arm strength issues at all. And him being in a pass happy offense doesn't bother me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks for posting....Personally think this is excellent if we want a QB in the top two rounds....I really like the Goff & Cook scenarios....we could stand pat with the QB rich teams going DL or WR or CB..
Titans are the trade partner if we really want Goff or Lynch.
Titans agreed...but like jrry said, maybe San Diego (Rivers) or Dallas (Johnny Football)...may be a longshot, but 3 picks in the top 40? Man, we could sit back and really tighten up this roster on Offense...kinda why I want to keep all our picks...going to #1 we lose all of that.

Athos

Legend
Nothing an NFL diet and foot work help to increase his arm. He's got the stature to out on weight especially lower body weight to help drive the ball.

If he's a 6'4 Drew Bree's which is what I'm thinking, you do what it takes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, there's where our differences lie. I don't think he has arm strength issues at all. And him being in a pass happy offense doesn't bother me.
Yeah but if I agreed with you, you wouldn't be able to say "told you so". If we get him I hope you can. If we don't, I hope I'm right. Even though I am not one to study as much as you, I have been right a fair bit. None of it matters to me though as long as the decision makers get it right.

I'm still thinking we keep our picks and roll with Mannion and Keenum. My boy is going to make you a fan. I hope.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but if I agreed with you, you wouldn't be able to say "told you so". If we get him I hope you can. If we don't, I hope I'm right. Even though I am not one to study as much as you, I have been right a fair bit. None of it matters to me though as long as the decision makers get it right.

I'm still thinking we keep our picks and roll with Mannion and Keenum. My boy is going to make you a fan. I hope.

I'll tell you this much...I'll be devastated if Goff ends up on the 49ers.